RockShox TOTEM / LYRIK discussion thread

PB Forum :: Downhill
RockShox TOTEM / LYRIK discussion thread
Author Message
Posted: Sep 21, 2019 at 15:23 Quote
Blackmetalgoat wrote:
hi guys , does anyone know how to service the misson control dh damper ? beause mine doesnt seem to have anny affect in my fork performance

You can't service it, you have to buy another one they are about $120 bucks

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 12:39 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:
Blackmetalgoat wrote:
hi guys , does anyone know how to service the misson control dh damper ? beause mine doesnt seem to have anny affect in my fork performance

You can't service it, you have to buy another one they are about $120 bucks

ok thx

Posted: Oct 15, 2019 at 3:12 Quote
Hi guys, i have a 180 lyrik RC2 27,5 and i would like to swap the lowers to transform the fork into a 29 . Do you see any problem?

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 8:07 Quote
Anyone tryed to customise Totem?
Like tryed to put Fox 40 damper or something similar?

Lyric 26" is much more customisible but i would like to use Totem as 27.5 fork.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 15:13 Quote
[Quote="Brzzi"]Anyone tryed to customise Totem?


I have an AVY damper in my totem and it makes it a completely different fork, for the better. MUCH MUCH better. All of my bikes have been done by Craig, they were all huge improvements. The fork actually works as it should, like a moto fork would feel if it were shrunk down.

Brenda

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 11:07 Quote
Thanks for feedback.

What adjusment it has?

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 13:26 Quote
wrote:
What adjusment it has?

Compression and rebound, but I have never needed to adjust anything. Craig sets up everything for your weight, riding ability and type of terrain. The open bath damper has speed sensitive compression circuits for lo, mid and hi speed hits. The mid support is what I noticed first right off the bat. No more brake dive or falling into the travel on super steep descents. On trail riding, climbing slowly up chunky, rocky terrain is a breeze. The fork rolls over effortlessly and doesn't knock you off line. I won't ride a MTB without his dampers.

Brenda

Posted: Nov 7, 2019 at 20:34 Quote
I have a lyrik RC2DH that has the old air spring setup in it it was a 160/170mm fork, what I didn't realize when I bought a new air spring that the one with the Blue seal head is fixed travel I bought a 180mm one thinking I was getting a good deal it was $40 bucks, where the other ones are like $150 cad,I figured I could lower it, can that fork handle 180mm worth of travel or do I need to find a different base plate and were can I find one Google wasn't much help

Posted: Nov 8, 2019 at 11:01 Quote
Hi all I was wondering if I might be able to put volume reducers in my totem solo air I know Rockshox doesn’t make spacers specifically for it but could I maybe make something or use Fox 40 reducers instead.

Thanks

Posted: Nov 8, 2019 at 15:53 Quote
awesomemtb4 wrote:
Hi all I was wondering if I might be able to put volume reducers in my totem solo air I know Rockshox doesn’t make spacers specifically for it but could I maybe make something or use Fox 40 reducers instead.

Thanks

You need a air cap from a pike N1 fork it has the same thread pitch as your lyrik .. I just did this to mine

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 15:26 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:
I have a lyrik RC2DH that has the old air spring setup in it it was a 160/170mm fork, what I didn't realize when I bought a new air spring that the one with the Blue seal head is fixed travel I bought a 180mm one thinking I was getting a good deal it was $40 bucks, where the other ones are like $150 cad,I figured I could lower it, can that fork handle 180mm worth of travel or do I need to find a different base plate and were can I find one Google wasn't much help

You can still lower the new air shift. I did that to my lyrik. It was 160. I put the tall baseplate in and added spacers between the seal head and baseplate. Just make sure your spacers are same diameter at the baseplate.

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 20:13 Quote
Thanks for the help but would that also work with a totem fork because the stanctions are 40 mm instead of the pike and lyrics 35

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 20:14 Quote
awesomemtb4 wrote:
Thanks for the help but would that also work with a totem fork because the stanctions are 40 mm instead of the pike and lyrics 35
in short yes.

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 20:29 Quote
Wouldn't I need like a 35 to 40 mm adapter or something of the sort

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 21:36 Quote
Ah I didn't read the totem part.. you could also just get some 35mm tokens and glue one to your cap with epoxy


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008897
Mobile Version of Website