RockShox TOTEM / LYRIK discussion thread

PB Forum :: Downhill
RockShox TOTEM / LYRIK discussion thread
Posted: May 30, 2020 at 11:14 Quote
inked-up-metalhead wrote:
I literally yesterday got one delivered off ebay after the 2step Air spring in the lyrik on the beater bike I've built up for the girlfriends little brother crapped the bed, that's probably your best option, just keep searching on the buy/sell section of here, eBay, Facebook etc and hopefully you'll get lucky. I couldn't believe my luck, the day it failed, 10 minutes of searching and it was ordered, I was expecting to have to replace the fork (straight steerer, 160 travel 20mm axle, literal rocking horse shit)

I've had a saved search that's supposed to alert me to any new listings for a while. No luck :/

Happy to hear you were able to find one so quickly.

Posted: May 31, 2020 at 1:11 Quote
OoB4K3RoO wrote:
hi all I seem to be suffering with a issue on my fork( 2019 160mm lyric) after and lower leg service, I was having issues with suck down, I had a blocked negative air port so I strip the air shaft out to remove the excess grease etc which there was a lot, hoping that would have solved the issue, but I'm still experiencing a similar issue where my fork sits on the 10% sag for 160mm and after a run the top of 10% is level with my seal, so Im still experiencing suck down, what could be causing this, could I have negative air trapped in my lowers? or still a issue with the air shaft, forks are only a year old, I am waiting for the upgrade for the air shaft, so will open them back up again then to fit a check everything is correct, any help would be very useful thank you
I'll post a pic tomorrow of where my fork sits before and a run.

Did you get this sorted? It was just a design flaw that Rockshox slyly branded an 'upgrade', the kits are now in stock with Zyro, they're about £30 for the Lyrik Ultimate.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/first-ride-rockshoxs-updated-debonair-air-spring-pond-beaver-2020.html

Posted: Jun 1, 2020 at 7:06 Quote
I should probably sell my old one as I only run it with an xfirm now.

Posted: Jun 1, 2020 at 8:52 Quote
Kitejumping wrote:
I should probably sell my old one as I only run it with an xfirm now.

Bruhhhh... If its a Med or a Firm u-turn ill take it!!!! I'm in Texas btw.

Posted: Jul 4, 2020 at 16:26 Quote
How many spacers does it take to make a Lyrik DJ worthy Three isn t enough at 200psi lets try five.

Anyone rocking a 90mm lyrik dj fork with a 100mm pike dj air spring? Needs lots of spacers and PSI.

Posted: Jul 4, 2020 at 18:57 Quote
Kitejumping wrote:
How many spacers does it take to make a Lyrik DJ worthy Three isn t enough at 200psi lets try five.

Anyone rocking a 90mm lyrik dj fork with a 100mm pike dj air spring? Needs lots of spacers and PSI.

I have an older lyrik at 105mm. No spacers and 130 psi.

Posted: Jul 20, 2020 at 17:58 Quote
Hi guys do any of you know where can i buy a new damper for a totem coil ?
Thanks.

Posted: Jul 20, 2020 at 19:42 Quote
Blackmetalgoat wrote:
Thanks.

Try universal cycles they have a spare parts page that is pretty good

Posted: Jul 21, 2020 at 15:37 Quote
[Quote="cyberoptixs"]
Blackmetalgoat wrote:
Thanks.

Try universal cycles they have a spare parts page that is pretty good[/Quot

Ive tried universal cycles aparently for the totem they only have springs .
Any other site that you guys know of ?

Thanks.

Posted: Jul 21, 2020 at 15:41 Quote
So i found this https://www.ebay.com/itm/RockShox-Totem-Mission-Control-FR-Damper-with-Adjustable-Flood/283870695937?hash=item4218031201:g:XogAAOSwljFd5-qD .
That damper has the floodgate but my totem is the dh version so without floodgate , will there be any problem if i change the damper for the floodgate one ?

Thanks.

Posted: Jul 21, 2020 at 19:00 Quote
Blackmetalgoat wrote:
So i found this https://www.ebay.com/itm/RockShox-Totem-Mission-Control-FR-Damper-with-Adjustable-Flood/283870695937?hash=item4218031201:g:XogAAOSwljFd5-qD .
That damper has the floodgate but my totem is the dh version so without floodgate , will there be any problem if i change the damper for the floodgate one ?

Thanks.

There's a hack to removing the floodgate if you google Lyrik rc2dh flood gate removal there's step by step on how to remove it

Posted: Jul 22, 2020 at 1:45 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:
Blackmetalgoat wrote:

Thanks.

There's a hack to removing the floodgate if you google Lyrik rc2dh flood gate removal there's step by step on how to remove it

Yes, ive seen ut before , but my question is will the damper fit on my forks , and what exactly does the floodgate do ?

Thanks.

Posted: Jul 22, 2020 at 4:45 Quote
Blackmetalgoat wrote:
cyberoptixs wrote:
Blackmetalgoat wrote:

Thanks.

Yes, ive seen ut before , but my question is will the damper fit on my forks , and what exactly does the floodgate do ?

Thanks.

Basically, floodgate is an adjustable "lockout". If you have the mission control DH damper already, it comes without the floodgate. Alot of guys will take the floodgate out, thus making it a mission control DH damper. Minus the rebound side of things

Posted: Jul 22, 2020 at 5:56 Quote
talkingspoon wrote:
Blackmetalgoat wrote:
cyberoptixs wrote:

Thanks.

Basically, floodgate is an adjustable "lockout". If you have the mission control DH damper already, it comes without the floodgate. Alot of guys will take the floodgate out, thus making it a mission control DH damper. Minus the rebound side of things
Ok , but will it completly lock the fork or just meke it stiffer .
If it just gets stiffer can i run it on for big drops ?
Thanks.

Posted: Jul 22, 2020 at 6:21 Quote
Lockout, with an adjustable threshold for it. No you don't want to use it that, that's what high speed compression damping is for.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008143
Mobile Version of Website