RockShox TOTEM / LYRIK discussion thread

PB Forum :: Downhill
RockShox TOTEM / LYRIK discussion thread
Author Message
Posted: Oct 23, 2020 at 13:26 Quote
Amazing man! Thanks very much for that, I genuinely really appreciate you taking the time to go into that much detail. I’ve got new seals coming in a couple of days for a service so I’ll stick the original debonair back in then. Side note; anyone on here looking for a 2021 debonair? I promise it will make your forks feel.... different ????

Posted: Oct 24, 2020 at 21:29 Quote
While the suck down isn't an issue i have not heard of anybody complaining about reduced small bump, When you completed the swap did you lubricate the seal head? Did you inflate the air spring ion 20 PSi steps cycling between each step?

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 12:09 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
While the suck down isn't an issue i have not heard of anybody complaining about reduced small bump, When you completed the swap did you lubricate the seal head? Did you inflate the air spring ion 20 PSi steps cycling between each step?

Yeah man I fitted as per rockshox instructions. I hadn’t heard anyone complaining about it either and I honestly thought it was in my head but the more I looked into it the more people I’ve found experiencing the same issue there is a whole thread on mtbr with people finding the same thing

Posted: Jan 1, 2021 at 13:11 Quote
A while back, I asked if anybody had a soft spring for a U-turn Lyrik. Someone on here was an absolute legend and sent me their old one. It fits the bike for my cousin way better than the x-firm I used to run. However, I think it would be smart to try a x-soft one instead, since the shock is still softer than the fork and the bike doesn't feel super balanced. Does anybody have an x-soft (white or gray, I think) lyrik u-turn coil spring laying around??

Posted: Mar 28, 2021 at 2:33 Quote
Lockdown Project!
Totem Solo Air running a Lyrik Charger 2.1 RC2 damper and a 650b wheel.
It rocks!

Stealthy shot
Cutting threads on the adaptor. Tap and die used at the same time to keep things round. This took a bit of trial and error to make work
Cutting threads on the adaptor. Tap and die used at the same time to keep things round. This took a bit of trial and error to make work

Posted: Mar 31, 2021 at 6:57 Quote
Awesome men
Just plug and play charger 2.1?
What model/size of front tire?
Thanks in advance

Posted: Mar 31, 2021 at 7:59 Quote
Mud clearance is nil, any tire flex and it’s going to run the shit out of the lowers

Posted: Mar 31, 2021 at 8:58 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:
Mud clearance is nil, any tire flex and it’s going to run the shit out of the lowers

Hope it doesn’t flex hard enough to foul against the arch and stop the wheel.

Posted: Apr 10, 2021 at 23:26 Quote
Ha ha, haters gonna hate.
Update: it’s running great. I should have said it’s running at 170 travel. Fully deflated and there are zero issues with the tyre contacting the crown. I’m a mechanical engineer so know a thing or two about risk assessments and failure modes...
Yeah mud clearance isn’t the best but I’d run it in some slop with no clogging. It’s a conversion so there are always going to be compromises. A2C is the same as the Helms I was running before so geo is unaffected.

I’ve tested with a 27.5 wild enduro 2.3 and a hillbilly 2.3. The enduro has a larger external diameter than the hillbilly. Both are fine, the hillbilly is better so that’s what I’m running.

I had to make a thread adaptor to step down from the totems stanchion to the lyric charger damper. It took a bit of head scratching but it’s working great! The charger is awesome. I prefer the feel of the forks to the Helms I had on before.... I’ll take that for the cost of a new damper, a thread tap and die and some design time.

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 5:30 Quote
richo21 wrote:
I had to make a thread adaptor to step down from the totems stanchion to the lyric charger damper. It took a bit of head scratching but it’s working great! The charger is awesome. I prefer the feel of the forks to the Helms I had on before.... I’ll take that for the cost of a new damper, a thread tap and die and some design time.

Sounds awesome. Does it only require the adaptor at the top? What about the connection from damper to the Casting?

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 14:41 Quote
Yeah just the top thread adaptor is required. Lower fixing point for the damper just bolts in. Some fresh crush washers seem to be doing a good job of keeping the oil in!

Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 16:13 Quote
I bought 5 wt rockshox suspension fluid is it just for like Lower legs and shit or can u use it as a lube i aint good at bikes but i am just Askin you guys i want answers i just wanna Lube my forks

Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 16:15 Quote
[Quote="Bruh1234"]I bought 5 wt rockshox suspension fluid is it just for like Lower legs and shit or can u use it as a lube i aint good at bikes but i am just Askin you guys i want answers i just wanna Lube my forks. I think maybe you guys know. And please tell me what oil is good for lubing i really need sike help

Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 16:16 Quote
I just bought 5 wt rockshox suspension fluid is it just for like Lower legs and shit or can u use it as a lube i aint good at bikes but i am just Askin you guys i want answers i just wanna Lube my forks. I think maybe you guys know. And please tell me what oil is good for lubing i really need some help. As i Said earlier i suck at bikes appreciate it

Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 18:01 Quote
Bruh1234 wrote:
I just bought 5 wt rockshox suspension fluid is it just for like Lower legs and shit or can u use it as a lube i aint good at bikes but i am just Askin you guys i want answers i just wanna Lube my forks. I think maybe you guys know. And please tell me what oil is good for lubing i really need some help. As i Said earlier i suck at bikes appreciate it

5wt goes in the side with the damper .. you will need a 2mm allen key and a 24mm flat socket to access it
15wt goes in the fork lowers
if your fork is airsprung you will need slickouem for the air spring if its coil you will need grease


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007487
Mobile Version of Website