RockShox TOTEM / LYRIK discussion thread

PB Forum :: Downhill
RockShox TOTEM / LYRIK discussion thread
Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 0:58 Quote
5wt goes in the side with the damper .. you will need a 2mm allen key and a 24mm flat socket to access it
15wt goes in the fork lowers
if your fork is airsprung you will need slickouem for the air spring if its coil you will need grease

Do you mean At the lockout or the air Thingy?

Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 12:21 Quote
Bruh1234 wrote:
5wt goes in the side with the damper .. you will need a 2mm allen key and a 24mm flat socket to access it
15wt goes in the fork lowers
if your fork is airsprung you will need slickouem for the air spring if its coil you will need grease

Do you mean At the lockout or the air Thingy?

You should Google the rebuild process.. this isn't something you wanna f*ck up .. if you don't feel confident in what your doing take it to a shop

Posted: Oct 14, 2021 at 4:23 Quote
talkingspoon wrote:
Kitejumping wrote:
How many spacers does it take to make a Lyrik DJ worthy Three isn t enough at 200psi lets try five.

Anyone rocking a 90mm lyrik dj fork with a 100mm pike dj air spring? Needs lots of spacers and PSI.

I have an older lyrik at 105mm. No spacers and 130 psi.

bit of a grave dig, but are yous actually riding these setups?
how do they compare to pikes, in terms of firmness/support/blowing though the travel?

i've just lowered a solo air/rct3 lyrik to 90mm (27.5), but i can't get it to run as firm as the pikes.

Posted: Oct 14, 2021 at 10:40 Quote
I actually run my lyrik at 105mm. Has like 100 psi in it. Works well for me. As far as compared to the pike dj, I'd say the pike runs a bit firmer then mine does but no problems with blowing through travel

Posted: Oct 16, 2021 at 6:49 Quote
Interesting, don't know how you achieved that.
I tried upping the pressure (up to about 250psi) and 7 tokens, which helped a bit compared to 200psi/5 tokens, but it's not even close to the pike, kinda disappointing.
The support is sort of there, just not enough (for me).

Posted: Oct 16, 2021 at 17:14 Quote
noisette wrote:
Interesting, don't know how you achieved that.
I tried upping the pressure (up to about 250psi) and 7 tokens, which helped a bit compared to 200psi/5 tokens, but it's not even close to the pike, kinda disappointing.
The support is sort of there, just not enough (for me).

It might be because it's the old lyrik chassis not the newer one

O+
Posted: Oct 19, 2021 at 9:17 Quote
noisette wrote:
talkingspoon wrote:
Kitejumping wrote:
How many spacers does it take to make a Lyrik DJ worthy Three isn t enough at 200psi lets try five.

Anyone rocking a 90mm lyrik dj fork with a 100mm pike dj air spring? Needs lots of spacers and PSI.

how do they compare to pikes, in terms of firmness/support/blowing though the travel?

i've just lowered a solo air/rct3 lyrik to 90mm (27.5), but i can't get it to run as firm as the pikes.

I rode it a few times but its on my slope bike which gets pretty much no use compared to my hardtail (our jumps are smooth and a hardtail is more fun on them). It was for sure too linear without that many tokens, but adding them all and a ton of psi and it worked (for a slope bike at least), hardtail and I would want it firmer.

Posted: Oct 20, 2021 at 0:54 Quote
Kitejumping wrote:
noisette wrote:
talkingspoon wrote:

I rode it a few times but its on my slope bike which gets pretty much no use compared to my hardtail (our jumps are smooth and a hardtail is more fun on them). It was for sure too linear without that many tokens, but adding them all and a ton of psi and it worked (for a slope bike at least), hardtail and I would want it firmer.

Thanks for the feedback, I've arrived to the same conclusion.
Not sure why it doesn't work the same as with a pike, it was fun to try nonetheless.

Posted: Jul 11, 2022 at 13:17 Quote
Hello,

I just got a new canyon spectral with lyrik select + 27.5 160mm (2022debonair rc2.1). Settings up sag with suggested pressure 79psi for my 77kg weight. I am using the included shock pump, that doesn't seem great, but i assume would do the trick. This put me at 35% sag, and i have now increased to about 140psi!!, and i'm still getting 25~% sag. I attempted the equalizing (by compressing the fork +50% travel many times) at 80 psi, and each time i added more. I never heard the escape of air rockshox talks about in the manual. The fork definitely does feel like its getting significantly firmer, but the sag from my weight is always over 25%. I was going to ignore the pump and just aim for the recommended sag, but I'm close to the max psi (if the pump is accurate) and I'm thinking something must be off as I'm not 100kg.

Using the same pump my rear super deluxe + 150mm (2022 debonair) is giving too little sag with the recommended pressure of 169~psi, only 20%. I thought perhaps its my body position, but even sitting on the shock with all my weight gives around 24%. So either the shock pump is somehow off for both, but with a different degree of inaccuracy, or is there something i am missing as the fork and shock are now within 20 psi of each other according to the pump.

I did fully open rebound and compression before doing anything.

This is my 2nd mtb, so not very knowledgeable.

Cheers for any assistance

O+
Posted: Jul 11, 2022 at 13:24 Quote
Suggested pressure is just a starting point. Start there, ride it and see how it feels and go from there

-25% is also a suggestion. I usually like running my stuff more in the %30 range.
-Where your body is (ie weight distribution) when you're measuring can make a difference. Whichever way you do it, always measure the same way. So if you do it when you're sitting on the bike, do it that way always. I like measuring it closer to a dh posture as that's what I'm tuning for so it gets me closer to what I like.

Posted: Jul 11, 2022 at 13:31 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
Suggested pressure is just a starting point. Start there, ride it and see how it feels and go from there

-25% is also a suggestion. I usually like running my stuff more in the %30 range.
-Where your body is (ie weight distribution) when you're measuring can make a difference. Whichever way you do it, always measure the same way. So if you do it when you're sitting on the bike, do it that way always. I like measuring it closer to a dh posture as that's what I'm tuning for so it gets me closer to what I like.

Cheers, I also thought that, but I'm concerned that if i go for the 20% sag i am aiming for upfront, I will exceed the max of 163 psi. Mostly jumpy smooth trails where i am, so want the fork relatively firm.

Posted: Jul 12, 2022 at 4:17 Quote
Squinton wrote:
Hello,

I just got a new canyon spectral with lyrik select + 27.5 160mm (2022debonair rc2.1). Settings up sag with suggested pressure 79psi for my 77kg weight. I am using the included shock pump, that doesn't seem great, but i assume would do the trick. This put me at 35% sag, and i have now increased to about 140psi!!, and i'm still getting 25~% sag. I attempted the equalizing (by compressing the fork +50% travel many times) at 80 psi, and each time i added more. I never heard the escape of air rockshox talks about in the manual. The fork definitely does feel like its getting significantly firmer, but the sag from my weight is always over 25%. I was going to ignore the pump and just aim for the recommended sag, but I'm close to the max psi (if the pump is accurate) and I'm thinking something must be off as I'm not 100kg.

Using the same pump my rear super deluxe + 150mm (2022 debonair) is giving too little sag with the recommended pressure of 169~psi, only 20%. I thought perhaps its my body position, but even sitting on the shock with all my weight gives around 24%. So either the shock pump is somehow off for both, but with a different degree of inaccuracy, or is there something i am missing as the fork and shock are now within 20 psi of each other according to the pump.

I did fully open rebound and compression before doing anything.

This is my 2nd mtb, so not very knowledgeable.

Cheers for any assistance

Something is very wrong if you still get 25% sag at 140psi, and 35% at 79psi. Does the shock pump have a two-stage disconnect? It could be that you're losing a lot of air when connecting and disconnecting the pump if it does not.

You can make sure by either trying with a different shock pump, or putting in say 90-100psi and testing how much sag you get with the shock pump still attached.

O+
Posted: Jul 12, 2022 at 18:34 Quote
riish wrote:
It could be that you're losing a lot of air when connecting and disconnecting the pump if it does not.

The ONLY way you could lose pressure when you disconnect the pump is if the valve on the fork is stuck open/ leaking and it's going to happen when the pump isn't there. That's because Schrader valves are a one way valve.

The reason people think you "lose" air when you connect a pump is because they didn't pay attention in science class. When volume INCREASES (ie connecting a pump to their shock/fork), pressure goes DOWN. (keeping temperature constant).

Posted: Jul 16, 2022 at 9:12 Quote
Hi all just curious if anyone has the top screw for the mission control damper on a totem. Mine is completely rounded out and I don't want to have to buy a complete damper. Thanks!

Posted: Jul 16, 2022 at 10:30 Quote
awesomemtb4 wrote:
Hi all just curious if anyone has the top screw for the mission control damper on a totem. Mine is completely rounded out and I don't want to have to buy a complete damper. Thanks!

take the screw to a fastner place and they can probably match it

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018748
Mobile Version of Website