Racism - Just... Why?

PB Forum :: Social / Political Issues
Racism - Just... Why?
Posted: Aug 10, 2010 at 1:53 Quote
racism is born of fear ignorance and stupidity. how can the colour of a persons skin or his nationality be any indication of his personaility or give a clue to his actions or motivations?

stereotypes are invented to justify racism.

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 at 6:02 Quote
i live with 8 polish workers and i love them all. (3 families)

just thought i'd throw that in there.

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 at 6:50 Quote
Jamie-K wrote:

I can understand that their policies on Asylum, Immigration and Refugees are less "known" then the classic points on the KKK or the BNP, however several of their points on Immigration on their manifesto just scream racism.

"No votes for Immigrants, Refugees or Asylum Seekers."
"Immediate five-year freeze on immigration."
"Expel Islamic extremists." (Which I can't see being plausable at all; so I think they'll just kick out overy Islamic person who they have an inkling toward.)

Their views on immigrants and cultures aren't as "on the surface" if you will, as the BNPs and KKKs are, however you can see that they are still quite racist.
Still, like I said, its harder to see with them. During their Manifesto discussions, they just went on about the same three things:

1) Law, Crime & Order (of which, most of their policies in this catagory were pretty diabolicle.)
2) Defence (which some of their policies, although they seemed "golden" would be nigh on impossible to bring into effect.)
3) Education and Training. (Again, some "golden" ideas but just impossible to bring into effect.

Underneath, they are just as inward thinking and closed-minded as other Right-Wing parties. Dead Horse Madder

Immigrants should be able to vote however asylum seekers shouldn't.

An example of expelling extremists would be Abid Naseer and associates, he couldn't be deported due to human rights laws, I'm sure other extremeists have been deported before so it's actually nothing new.

I wouldn't throw UKIP in with the likes of the BNP.

Racism is a horrible thing based on ignorance and stupidity, thankfully racists are a minority.

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 at 8:45 Quote
UKIP's immigration policies are just as right wing and racist as the BNPs. the only real difference between them is that, unlike the BNP, UKIP havent openly expressed a desire to expel all non whites from the UK. not yet anyway. Further to that, they intend to repeal the human rights act in order to implement draconian deportation and detention laws.

UKIP might not be the BNP , but they are just as xenophobic and inherently racist.

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 at 8:58 Quote
I'm sorry, I don't know anything about the various British parties other than that Labour is incompetent and the Conservatives have terrible ideas, but explain to me what quantifies as xenophobic and inherently racist? Because if they're just talking about reducing immigration, I don't see anything wrong with that, there are several justifiable reasons for slowing immigration.
But I mean if they're like "paki go home" then I agree with you.

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 at 9:08 Quote
marty660 wrote:
I'm sorry, I don't know anything about the various British parties other than that Labour is incompetent and the Conservatives have terrible ideas, but explain to me what quantifies as xenophobic and inherently racist? Because if they're just talking about reducing immigration, I don't see anything wrong with that, there are several justifiable reasons for slowing immigration.
But I mean if they're like "paki go home" then I agree with you.

Most of them are like "paki go home", infact, I'd call it well over 90-50% of them?
Mark Collet, one of the future leaders of the BNP, is a Nazi sympathiser and is so anti-Jewsish its unreal. Watch, Young, Nazi & Proud on Google, its shocking. He actually says that Britain would be better of being like 1930's Germany. The guy's no idiot, he's actually fairly intelligent, its just he has this massive pro-Nazi streak and has a dedicated shrine to Hitler.

Another of the BNP, just for an example as to what they're like, said "Rape is...sex. Women enjoy sex, so rape cannot be [so] terrible...". Which is pretty shocking really. Also, the same guy said, "Women are more troubled by handbag-theft then rape."

The party is full of retards and ass-backward thinking. Unfortunantly, Democracy says we must let them into politics just like any other party. Way to go Democracy. -_-

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 at 9:20 Quote
Sorry, I know about the BNP and their neo-nazi bullshit. I was referring to the UKIP who from what I've read are merely eurosceptic.

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 at 9:25 Quote
I don't see how people wanting to control their own borders to slow immigration automatically makes UKIP members and their policies racist.

Yeah Marty the BNP's leaders are holocaust deniers and nazi sympathizers, that are feeding off the peoples unhappiness with the major politcal parties. One of their policies offering incentives to immigrants to go home.

EDIT: sorry had this in another tab and forgot.

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 at 9:29 Quote
UKIP have been described as 'The BNP in blazers' and thats a fairly accurate description. they represent the middle aged, middle incomed and middle class little englanders who, while denying any suggestion of racism, will mumble on about culture and heritage and the terrible burden of being white in thier own country while minorities get special treatment and so on, based on nothing but scurrilious lies and rumours put about by the likes of the hateful Daily Mail.

as an example of a typical UKIP voter, me and a mate were waiting for the train from Dunkeld recently and a normal middle aged/retired couple struck up a conversationn with us about the bikes and so on. my mate is english and they were too. they got to talking about where they were from (Harrow)and, apropos to nothing at all, the woman said

'its not like it used to be. its full of asians now and theyre so rude. they dont understand or respect our culture or customs and youre afraid to walk the streets at night because they bring so much crime with them'

I challenged that and told her she was talking shite then her husband pulled her away saying they didnt associate with my sort. my sort being paki lovers. UKIP through and through. outwardly respectable, but inwardly full of hatred and ignorance.

the BNP have deliberately targeted Muslims in the UK, using the thoroughly retarted arguement that, as muslim isnt a race but a religion, theyre not being racist when they say all muslims are terrorists and stink and beat thier wives and steal social security payments and are planning to take over the country.

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 at 9:34 Quote
cowieuk wrote:
I don't see how people wanting to control their own borders to slow immigration automatically makes UKIP members and their policies racist.

from the UKIP manifesto on immigration

UKIP would repeal the Human Rights Act 1998 and withdraw from the European Convention on Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms. In future the British courts would not be allowed to appeal to any international treaty or convention to override or set aside the provisions of any statue passed by Parliament.

The 'Primary Purpose Rule' (abolished by the Labour Government) would be reintroduced, whereby those marrying or seeking to marry a British citizen would have to convince the admitting officer that this is their primary purpose in seeking to enter the UK and not to obtain British residence.

There would be an end to the active promotion and support of the doctrine of multiculturalism by government and all publicly funded bodies.

http://www.ukip.org/content/ukip-policies/1499-immigration-ukip-policy

so, they would repeal the rights of immigrants to enter the UK, house them is special detention centres (read the full policy statement) and set out to make britain white again over an as yet unspecified period by removing any sort of funding and implementing a ban on promoting multiculturalism in the UK.

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 at 9:34 Quote
marty660 wrote:
Sorry, I know about the BNP and their neo-nazi bullshit. I was referring to the UKIP who from what I've read are merely eurosceptic.

Ahh I see, apologies.

Well with UKIP, like Chris said, their policies on Immagration, Asylum Seeking, etc etc are very similar. UKIP just go about it in a slightly more 'subtle' way.
They want us removed from the EU, a decision that would be completely counter-productive.
They want our borders completely locked to anyone who isn't a British 2nd Generation at least.
They basically share the same views as the BNP, but like I said, they go about showing it, a little more subtly.

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 at 9:38 Quote
Did they identify themselves as UKIP voters and if so how do you know they were the 'typical UKIP voter' and not a minority.

Just like to point out that I'm not UKIP voter, don't want it to like I'm being biased or whatever.

I wouldn't trust them to run the country although I might take second look at them for the next round EU elections.

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 at 9:43 Quote
xcrisx wrote:
from the UKIP manifesto on immigration

UKIP would repeal the Human Rights Act 1998 and withdraw from the European Convention on Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms. In future the British courts would not be allowed to appeal to any international treaty or convention to override or set aside the provisions of any statue passed by Parliament.

The 'Primary Purpose Rule' (abolished by the Labour Government) would be reintroduced, whereby those marrying or seeking to marry a British citizen would have to convince the admitting officer that this is their primary purpose in seeking to enter the UK and not to obtain British residence.

There would be an end to the active promotion and support of the doctrine of multiculturalism by government and all publicly funded bodies.

http://www.ukip.org/content/ukip-policies/1499-immigration-ukip-policy

so, they would repeal the rights of immigrants to enter the UK, house them is special detention centres (read the full policy statement) and set out to make britain white again over an as yet unspecified period by removing any sort of funding and implementing a ban on promoting multiculturalism in the UK.

I see no problem with housing asylum seekers in detention centers until their application is processed as it would reduce the number of asylum seekers on the run and having jobs without paying taxes. If their application is succesful they should be free to go about their business. I believe thats how it works in Australia, I'll need to double check that however.

I know their manifesto really isn't the best but I think people are trying to see the worst in it.

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 at 9:45 Quote
cowieuk wrote:
Did they identify themselves as UKIP voters and if so how do you know they were the 'typical UKIP voter' and not a minority.

Just like to point out that I'm not UKIP voter, don't want it to like I'm being biased or whatever.

I wouldn't trust them to run the country although I might take second look at them for the next round EU elections.

they did. the conversation went on a bit longer than the highlights Ive mentioned here. as a member of Antifa and one other anti racist organisation I have encountered countless faces and versions of racism and this particular brand is most prevelant among, though not exclusive to, the membership of UKIP.

if you do decide to vote for them just be aware that there is a lot more to them then just euroscepticism and that, by giving them your vote on that policy you will be giving them support on ALL policies.

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 at 9:48 Quote
cowieuk wrote:

I see no problem with housing asylum seekers in detention centers until their application is processed as it would reduce the number of asylum seekers on the run and having jobs without paying taxes. If their application is succesful they should be free to go about their business. I believe thats how it works in Australia, I'll need to double check that however.

I know their manifesto really isn't the best but I think people are trying to see the worst in it.

read the full policy statement. they are trying to remove even the most basic human rights from all immigrants, not just asylum seekers. by repealing the human rights act in order to carry out this idiotic policy they will also have to change our entire legal system as we have adopted the HRA and our laws have been written in compliance with it for over a decade now.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014691
Mobile Version of Website