Post your fixed gear

PB Forum :: Vintage and Fixed Gear Bikes
Post your fixed gear
Posted: Apr 7, 2017 at 15:42 Quote
Its probably too big based on the saddle angle and height as well as how short a stem youre running.

Posted: Apr 7, 2017 at 16:05 Quote
nwthumbs wrote:
Its probably too big based on the saddle angle and height as well as how short a stem youre running.
ive got a 33 inch in seam and im 5'9 wit long arms, this is the most comfortable setup ive found so far

Posted: Apr 7, 2017 at 17:22 Quote
All im saying is you could go down a frane size, lower your seat and level it out a smidge, then run a normal stem and it would look less redic and likely ride better. More of a for the next time youre frame shopping it should be something to consider

Posted: Apr 9, 2017 at 13:44 Quote
niles1401 wrote:
nwthumbs wrote:
ive got a 33 inch in seam and im 5'9 wit long arms, this is the most comfortable setup ive found so far

You had to stretch to make it fit though, saddles so far forward it looks unsafe, you'll feel more comfortable if you sized down as the geometry designed for your height, better stand over, handling and reach

I brought big frames to, live n learn bro

Posted: Apr 9, 2017 at 22:52 Quote
never-stop wrote:
niles1401 wrote:
nwthumbs wrote:

You had to stretch to make it fit though, saddles so far forward it looks unsafe, you'll feel more comfortable if you sized down as the geometry designed for your height, better stand over, handling and reach

Thanks guys, im a MTB guy anyway i bought it after breaking my scaphoid and wanted something to ride while i recovered. im currently trying to get rid of it *cough* you should message me *cough*Rolleyes

Posted: Apr 10, 2017 at 12:17 Quote
niles1401 wrote:
never-stop wrote:
niles1401 wrote:

Thanks guys, im a MTB guy anyway i bought it after breaking my scaphoid and wanted something to ride while i recovered. im currently trying to get rid of it *cough* you should message me *cough*Rolleyes

Good excuse for upgrading/sizing down, fit is pretty important when you're recovering, looks like your saddle doesn't fit to well and won't be helping the scaphoid

Posted: Apr 11, 2017 at 13:49 Quote
never-stop wrote:
niles1401 wrote:
never-stop wrote:

Good excuse for upgrading/sizing down, fit is pretty important when you're recovering, looks like your saddle doesn't fit to well and won't be helping the scaphoid
That would probably explain why I hated riding it.

Posted: Apr 11, 2017 at 15:59 Quote
Not good, It's like trying to run in uncomfortable shoes that don't fit, you're just making it tougher on your self

I love my saddles! The Selle italia Vintage Flite is my favorite, or an SLR if i'm wearing bibs etc

Posted: Apr 11, 2017 at 19:11 Quote
im a specialized toupe kinda guy myself. have two of them. both are carbon lol

Posted: Apr 11, 2017 at 20:39 Quote
I'm a Specialized romin or power depending on the bike. My balls like the power a lot more though.

Posted: Apr 11, 2017 at 21:22 Quote
I run a power on my track bike but thats down to spending 98% of my time in the drops on that bike. your seat is either positioned wrong or you are on the wrong seat all together if your are experiencing any type of pain BTW. to note soreness from time in the saddle =/= pain.

Posted: Apr 12, 2017 at 4:07 Quote
The Ti Raleigh in full track set up

photo

Posted: Apr 12, 2017 at 15:33 Quote
nwthumbs wrote:
I run a power on my track bike but thats down to spending 98% of my time in the drops on that bike. your seat is either positioned wrong or you are on the wrong seat all together if your are experiencing any type of pain BTW. to note soreness from time in the saddle =/= pain.

Bought the Romin a few years ago because I thought it looked cool. Got the Power because my fitter recommended it. Romin got relegated to my city bike that doesn't get more than 10k at a time.

Posted: Apr 13, 2017 at 9:56 Quote
lrydon wrote:
The Ti Raleigh in full track set up

photo

looking great!

Does the Ti stand for titanium or Team Issue?

Posted: Apr 13, 2017 at 15:36 Quote
Gonna say team issue

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.029085
Mobile Version of Website