PB Forum :: Vintage and Fixed Gear Bikes
Post your fixed gear
| Next Page
Posted: Feb 18, 2018 at 19:12 Quote
my only guess is that hes build like a gorilla

Posted: Feb 19, 2018 at 11:42 Quote
never-stop wrote:
Nice but defo' to big or your seats to low

I don't know what you guys are on about... That is not even moderately over-sized, never mind the fact that we don't all have the same proportions.

That bike is well within the realm of acceptable fit, barely even what could be considered a 'French'.

Sizing up is a great way to raise your handlebars in relation to your saddle height, while diagonally shortening your effective top tube length. Less pressure on the arms and wrists, and you can get a more comfortable upright position without resorting to ugly spacers or riser stems.

Looks good to me, I always thought classic alloy aero wheels looked rad.

Posted: Feb 19, 2018 at 13:00 Quote
Sizing up. Shortens ETT? What? TT length goes up with size usually...

Edit: Sizing is largely personal though, I have ape arms and my bike probably looks like I should size up with the seat to bar drop I've got going on, especially to the drops but it's comfy, if I had compact drops it'd go down further

Posted: Feb 19, 2018 at 15:11 Quote
I'm sorry, I should have said 'Saddle to Bar'. You are correct.

Yes, a larger frame will have a longer top tube- But it will also have a taller head tube and handlebars.

A rider will require their saddle to be set at the same distance from the cranks, regardless of frame size. This means that on a larger frame they will have less seat post extension.

Lowering the seat post extension on a bicycle brings the saddle not only down, but closer to the handlebars. This is enhanced by the fact that the seat post is angled.

Therefore, even though the top tube is longer, a larger frame may result in a similar saddle to handlebar distance, simply because the saddle will be lower in relation to the handle bars. Regardless, the riding position will be more upright.

Obviously this phenomenon favours frames that are designed to grow proportionally taller for each frame size, rather than longer.

Posted: Feb 23, 2018 at 19:07 Quote
Philitup wrote:
kipitown wrote:

Making some progress.. Changed some parts for better position.

now it has 110mm Nitto UI stem (was 80mm nitto dynamic) and Nitto SP72 NJS seatpost (was Deda RS01)

now it's ridable lol

I'm digging it man! I kinda feel like the rear rim needs more depth to counteract that trispoke... haha. But sweet looking build nonetheless tup

Haha thx man yeah some of my friends said about rear rim too, but i'll have what i can have for that parts. For now i love this 'unbalanced' loom lol

Posted: Feb 23, 2018 at 19:12 Quote
never-stop wrote:
Looks sick, rear rim looks fine, they will never fully match anyway, never liked the look of those cranks though

True that, if i match with front wheel i should use 50mm+ rim to compensate, which leads me to carbon rims that i cannot afford right now. Crank is for pure asthetic, and that stops me from collecting chainrings. You know, I can't use ordinary chainrings with that. :-P

Posted: Feb 23, 2018 at 19:23 Quote

...and here goes my daily beater, GOrilla kilroy(who remembers this!)

This is my second kilroy to be frankly, I totalled first one after 2 years of abuse. Hope this lasts more than that>Frown

Anyway, chukker rims + 35mm stem + 38c tyres and deda streetissimo bar = ready to go.

Posted: Feb 24, 2018 at 8:26 Quote
Daaamn, I always thought those were cool. Some times I wish I hadn’t given my Bruiser to my brother, ahaha. So much fun for city riding.

Posted: Mar 1, 2018 at 9:44 Quote
Having to much fun in the snow Cool

(Don't mind the hypocritical short seat post)

Posted: Mar 10, 2018 at 13:36 Quote
never-stop wrote:

How did you mount that bottle cage?

Posted: Mar 12, 2018 at 3:14 Quote
psychosupreme wrote:
never-stop wrote:

How did you mount that bottle cage?

The frame comes with 2 sets of bottle bosses, peep the bumps on the seat tube

but if it didn't, i'd use hose clamps aka jubilee clips

Posted: Mar 12, 2018 at 16:27 Quote
oh rite forgot the bolt 2.0 had bottle bosses

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.031805
Mobile Version of Website