Post your fixed gear

PB Forum :: Vintage and Fixed Gear Bikes
Post your fixed gear
Posted: Apr 3, 2018 at 6:38 Quote
alreadyupsidedown wrote:
Daaamn, I always thought those were cool. Some times I wish I hadn’t given my Bruiser to my brother, ahaha. So much fun for city riding.

yeah i remember your bruiser posted in fgfs thread(or this thread? idk it's years ago). bruiser.. shadow.. kilroy... and other 'old school' fgfs frame is def keeper. grab it when you can!

Posted: Apr 26, 2018 at 13:58 Quote
2018 spring photo of my bike!

Javelin Vigorelli track bike

Posted: Apr 27, 2018 at 7:23 Quote
Owned Viv for 5 years now!
Not for sale, just semi retired

So out with the old and in with the new

Posted: May 7, 2018 at 18:32 Quote
Project in the works...

Posted: May 7, 2018 at 23:27 Quote
I bet the force is strong with that one

Posted: May 8, 2018 at 11:41 Quote
Better representation. After playing with the chainring spacing, the chainline seems decent now. Just waiting on the headset and a different fork to get it rideable.

Posted: May 10, 2018 at 20:34 Quote
Would look great with some profile airwings?

Posted: May 11, 2018 at 6:23 Quote
never-stop wrote:
Would look great with some profile airwings?
I actually have a pair of those sitting in my spare parts. Wanting to keep the carbon theme going with the Zipp Vuka's though

Posted: May 11, 2018 at 15:50 Quote
Deda make a nicer looking base bar in the carbon

Posted: May 17, 2018 at 9:40 Quote
Had a spare XO brake lying around, so decided to try something different with it...
XO brake adapted to fixed gear build

Posted: May 17, 2018 at 9:44 Quote
So the headset on my Puch is f*cked, notchy and struggles to stay done up without play. Bought an inch threaded headset and the threading on the fork is different. Also everything in the new headset is 0.01in bigger in diameter internally. Threading on the top nut of the old headset is M26x1

Anyone care to enlighten me on what the f*ck is happening here? I thought inch threaded was inch threaded and that was that.

Posted: May 18, 2018 at 0:12 Quote
french bike? ya they had weird sized headsets.

Posted: May 18, 2018 at 3:05 Quote
nwthumbs wrote:
french bike? ya they had weird sized headsets.

Pretty sure Puch were Austrian which sort of makes sense as the only other thread I've found that mentions it was on LFGSS about some Ukrainian track bike.

Managed to get it feeling acceptable enough for now so hoping it stays that way.

Posted: May 19, 2018 at 6:50 Quote
Finally rideable. Feels surprisingly comfortable. Adapted a Trek Speed Concept fork to it; now just needs to be painted black. Haven't made a final weight, but I believe it is about 16lbs.

Finally rideable

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.021076
Mobile Version of Website