Post your fixed gear

PB Forum :: Vintage and Fixed Gear Bikes
Post your fixed gear
| Next Page
Posted: May 31, 2018 at 12:34 Quote
So my dad bought a 1970 Atala Record Professional when he was a teenager. After a hurricane in 2005 created a leak in the shed it was being stored in, the paint peeled and the frame rusted. Recently my dad mentioned getting rid of the bike entirely, because he had no use for it anymore. That's when my sentimentality kicked in, and I restored the Atala as a fixed gear. Upgraded the Universal center-pull brakes to Campy Super Record side-pulls. Still have all of the original Campy equipment in storage if I want to restore it as a road bike. Big Grin
1970 Atala Record Professional

Posted: Jun 13, 2018 at 5:53 Quote
Philitup wrote:
So my dad bought a 1970 Atala Record Professional when he was a teenager. After a hurricane in 2005 created a leak in the shed it was being stored in, the paint peeled and the frame rusted. Recently my dad mentioned getting rid of the bike entirely, because he had no use for it anymore. That's when my sentimentality kicked in, and I restored the Atala as a fixed gear. Upgraded the Universal center-pull brakes to Campy Super Record side-pulls. Still have all of the original Campy equipment in storage if I want to restore it as a road bike. Big Grin
1970 Atala Record Professional

I like the way you keep old parts :-)
Believe me, I'm super fond of fixed gear bike, but vintage is another world to respect Smile nice bike. all of yours.

Posted: Jun 13, 2018 at 13:07 Quote
kipitown wrote:
I like the way you keep old parts :-)
Believe me, I'm super fond of fixed gear bike, but vintage is another world to respect Smile nice bike. all of yours.
Thank you, my good man! Much appreciated! Salute

Posted: Jun 17, 2018 at 13:38 Quote
The Work horse, not to your guyses standard :') but it gets the job done haha!

Posted: Jun 18, 2018 at 0:23 Quote
snmdicky wrote:

It's up to my (very low) standards lol . My frame cost me £30 off of eBay newly two years ago and is still going strong.

Know what it is?

Posted: Jun 18, 2018 at 8:09 Quote
abennett219 wrote:
snmdicky wrote:

It's up to my (very low) standards lol . My frame cost me £30 off of eBay newly two years ago and is still going strong.

Know what it is?

yeah man its ottadini, 71-73? its 531 comp tubing, im getting new frame decals made soon, it should be awsome

Posted: Jun 19, 2018 at 5:21 Quote
snmdicky wrote:

Level out the saddle n bars, maybe a better saddle (but more worn ratty looking), personally i'd put some wide ass bars on it, other wise a fine beater.

Posted: Jun 20, 2018 at 12:03 Quote
never-stop wrote:
snmdicky wrote:

Level out the saddle n bars, maybe a better saddle (but more worn ratty looking), personally i'd put some wide ass bars on it, other wise a fine beater.

everything other than saddle and pedals came out of a second hand bike shop for basically free, seat donated and pedals from an old bmx, its my favourite bike hahah

Posted: Jun 20, 2018 at 13:13 Quote
snmdicky wrote:
never-stop wrote:
snmdicky wrote:

everything other than saddle and pedals came out of a second hand bike shop for basically free, seat donated and pedals from an old bmx, its my favourite bike hahah
Awesome beater. I'm really digging the paintjob tup

Posted: Jun 21, 2018 at 4:23 Quote
Philitup wrote:
snmdicky wrote:
never-stop wrote:

Awesome beater. I'm really digging the paintjob tup

its not too bad, it took a mate of mine about 10-20 minuets to paint, i love it man, my bmx is the same sorta style just black and gold and fades from the head tube half way down the top tube and down tube

Posted: Jul 10, 2018 at 11:40 Quote
My daily ride in its current form:
Daily ride.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.035504
Mobile Version of Website