Post your fixed gear

PB Forum :: Vintage and Fixed Gear Bikes
Post your fixed gear
Posted: Sep 4, 2018 at 7:29 Quote
bigquotesSmall update on the S Works track build

Little late to the party here but you have completely ruined the greatest ever time trial frame ever made there.

Posted: Sep 4, 2018 at 10:16 Quote
umop3pisdn wrote:
bigquotesSmall update on the S Works track build

Little late to the party here but you have completely ruined the greatest ever time trial frame ever made there.

I won't disagree with you on that. Nonetheless been a very fun project and I like the way it rides now for street. The bike must have been crashed by a prior owner because the original fork was long gone. The frame however is intact, and after months of searching I finally found a fork that would actually work with the frame (Up until this point the frame was a paperweight). Obviously though, all I've done is make the once useless frame rideable again, and all modifications are reversible. Still has the derailleur mounts and cable guides intact so could be built as a time trials bike if I ever chose to do so.

Posted: Sep 4, 2018 at 14:19 Quote
That's a little better

Posted: Sep 7, 2018 at 12:19 Quote
Dolan Pre Cursa Few new bits
Fitted some new parts as well as an easier gear and my MTB bars. Keeping me occupied while my shoulder heals.

Posted: Sep 7, 2018 at 16:58 Quote
Wow, Dolan frames are looking pretty damn polished these days! They were always good bikes, but those smooth welds really elevate the appearance.

Tasteful yet interesting build, looks like fun.

Posted: Sep 8, 2018 at 3:11 Quote
alreadyupsidedown wrote:
Wow, Dolan frames are looking pretty damn polished these days! They were always good bikes, but those smooth welds really elevate the appearance.

Tasteful yet interesting build, looks like fun.
Cheers man! Absolutely love the thing. Super tidy frames, the paint is really nice too

Posted: Oct 31, 2018 at 16:31 Quote
Philitup wrote:
So my dad bought a 1970 Atala Record Professional when he was a teenager. After a hurricane in 2005 created a leak in the shed it was being stored in, the paint peeled and the frame rusted. Recently my dad mentioned getting rid of the bike entirely, because he had no use for it anymore. That's when my sentimentality kicked in, and I restored the Atala as a fixed gear. Upgraded the Universal center-pull brakes to Campy Super Record side-pulls. Still have all of the original Campy equipment in storage if I want to restore it as a road bike. Big Grin
1970 Atala Record Professional

YO AWSOME BUUILD BRO

Posted: Oct 31, 2018 at 16:32 Quote
Philitup wrote:
Finally rideable. Feels surprisingly comfortable. Adapted a Trek Speed Concept fork to it; now just needs to be painted black. Haven't made a final weight, but I believe it is about 16lbs.

Finally rideable

COOLEST BIKE I EVER SAWD

Posted: Nov 16, 2018 at 8:20 Quote
An early Jamis Sputnik.

TIGed 631 and cast Maxway ends, bottle bosses, road geometry, Cane Creek wheels. When I'm fit, this is a wonderful distance bike.

Posted: Nov 18, 2018 at 9:47 Quote
Dumb fixed gear wheel . Hope pro 4 front hub to take a bolt on velosolo cog. 15mm end caps reducer axle to fit 10mm nutted axle. Chain line adjustable -10mm with spacers cone nuts. 21 spoke rim 7 radial 14 2X . Can be run as a disc or rim brake front wheel or a fixed rear. Still needs tensioned.
Might be of interest to people here.

I got a good deal on a giant carbon rim on eBay but the seller posted me the wrong one. The rim I was sent is designed for 21 spokes which is a pain in the arse to find a hub for. A 21 spoke wheel uses 7 radial spokes on one side and 14 crossed on the other. So a 28 spoke hub works fine just using half the spoke holes on the radial side.
I hate threaded cogs so I decided to use a disc hub with a bolt on cog. This is easy with a Shimano cup and cone disc hub (see velosolo XT conversion) but I hate cup and cone hubs more than I hate thread on cogs. So I laced up a hope pro 4 to the rim. I got a guy with a lathe to machine a 15mm to 10mm, 100mm wide step down axle. So using 15mm end caps, the step down axle and some spacers and cone nuts I can space the hub out to 120mm (or 110, 130, 135...) to fit my frame. I can also adjust my chain line +/- 5mm if I re dish my wheel.

I can also use it as a front wheel with a choice of QR, 12mm, 15mm or 20mm axles, a disc brake or a rim brake.

Still needs to be tensioned so excuse the floppy spokes. I'll get a photo of the axle set up once I've worked out dish and chainline.

You could do the same thing with a 15mm boost hub to have wider braced spokes. Could also be dished to have the rim centred between the flanges to make a stronger wheel. This would probably help with chain line too. I might do this next...

Someone needs to make a centrelock mount fixed gear cog. You'd never have to worry about skid patches again

Posted: Nov 20, 2018 at 6:07 Quote
That's pretty slick! Nice work!

Posted: Nov 24, 2018 at 11:54 Quote
played around with a few bits, then came a cross this se, im in love :')

changed saddle, now running spd's and added a rear guard, but meh, commuter needs must......

Posted: Nov 26, 2018 at 11:39 Quote
Nice, good choice Wink I got an SE for my first 'proper' fixed gear and loved it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.033956
Mobile Version of Website