Northumberlad Gunman

PB Forum :: Social / Political Issues
Northumberlad Gunman
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 6, 2010 at 9:34 Quote
Anyone else heard about the gunman loose in Northumberland? His car was found in Rothbury earlier today, it's pretty much under quarantine, nobody is allowed in or out & police are on every road out, this is all about 4 miles from where I live Eek

BBC Article

The latest rumour is he is in Whittingham, if so, I ain't going biking today, that basically is in the forest that the trails are.

Posted: Jul 6, 2010 at 10:37 Quote
It's interesting how different areas of the world react differently to a given scenario. In Detroit, someone shooting 3 people probably wouldn't even make the 5 o' clock news.

Posted: Jul 6, 2010 at 16:28 Quote
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1353612193&ref=search

Why don't you ask him if he could kindly not shoot you when you're out riding? Pretty sure he'd understand.

Posted: Jul 6, 2010 at 17:32 Quote
GenericName wrote:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1353612193&ref=search

Why don't you ask him if he could kindly not shoot you when you're out riding? Pretty sure he'd understand.
Not sure he'll have internet access hiding out in the woods Razz I bet he's gonna have a hella lot of friend requests if he ever gets on facebook again. It wouldn't surprise me if he was hiding out in the woods the trails are at, it's the perfect hiding place, & it's very easily accessible from Rothbury.

Posted: Jul 7, 2010 at 9:17 Quote
I live in Cumbria and while I live on the east of the County towards the west where he went on his rampage. My Cousin's house was on the street where he killed three people. One at the top, one at the bottom and one pretty much smack outside their back door in the alley way which the other man gave his account on the shooter.

Scary stuff like, I woke up, saw it and thought mum'd slapped on a film or something. You just wouldn't expect this somewhere as rural as Cumbria. Still, its not like killings in rural areas havn't happened before.

Posted: Jul 7, 2010 at 9:21 Quote
Jamie-K wrote:
I live in Cumbria and while I live on the east of the County towards the west where he went on his rampage. My Cousin's house was on the street where he killed three people. One at the top, one at the bottom and one pretty much smack outside their back door in the alley way which the other man gave his account on the shooter.

Scary stuff like, I woke up, saw it and thought mum'd slapped on a film or something. You just wouldn't expect this somewhere as rural as Cumbria. Still, its not like killings in rural areas havn't happened before.
I can't remember anything like this ever happening in Northumberland, I know some people that live in Rothbury saying it was a nightmare yesterday, even the first school just down the road from the school I go to had the sports day canceled, & that's in Alnwick. I know the area around Rothbury well & they're gonna struggle to find him, it's just thick woodland & hills, then moorland on the other side.

Posted: Jul 7, 2010 at 9:26 Quote
JosX wrote:
Jamie-K wrote:

I can't remember anything like this ever happening in Northumberland, I know some people that live in Rothbury saying it was a nightmare yesterday, even the first school just down the road from the school I go to had the sports day canceled, & that's in Alnwick. I know the area around Rothbury well & they're gonna struggle to find him, it's just thick woodland & hills, then moorland on the other side.

Yeah? These psychotic-rage-testosterone fueled rampages are pretty rare in the UK, for the most part. Its wierd how people just "flip". "Birdy" as he was known to my Cousin, was, according to my cousins; "Joe average". But something 'wow differances' must've happened to cause him to do that. (Clearly as its not everyday that one takes a pair of guns out on a rampage in Cumbria).

Still, Cumbria had the floods, the bus crash, and now this. Its not going to well in the land of "Rural Beauty" at present.

Posted: Jul 7, 2010 at 9:29 Quote
Jamie-K wrote:
JosX wrote:
Jamie-K wrote:

Yeah? These psychotic-rage-testosterone fueled rampages are pretty rare in the UK, for the most part. Its wierd how people just "flip". "Birdy" as he was known to my Cousin, was, according to my cousins; "Joe average". But something 'wow differances' must've happened to cause him to do that. (Clearly as its not everyday that one takes a pair of guns out on a rampage in Cumbria).

Still, Cumbria had the floods, the bus crash, and now this. Its not going to well in the land of "Rural Beauty" at present.
Coincidence that Rothbury was flooded last year too. We're not doing very well this year with crazy gunmen, with that bloke in the lake district a couple of months ago.

Also, are you thinking of the taxi driver that rampaged in the Lakes? If so I'm on about the guy that's currently being searched for in Rothbury, he escaped from jail in Durham then shot 3 people & apparently wants to shoot as many policemen as he can.

Posted: Jul 7, 2010 at 9:39 Quote
JosX wrote:
Jamie-K wrote:
JosX wrote:

Coincidence that Rothbury was flooded last year too. We're not doing very well this year with crazy gunmen, with that bloke in the lake district a couple of months ago.

Also, are you thinking of the taxi driver that rampaged in the Lakes? If so I'm on about the guy that's currently being searched for in Rothbury, he escaped from jail in Durham then shot 3 people & apparently wants to shoot as many policemen as he can.

Apparently I've been under a rock! Razz I didn't hear about the Durham escapee. But yeah, I was on about the Taxi Driver. Derick Bird his name was.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008485
Mobile Version of Website