New 08 Trek Fuel EX

Posted: Sep 28, 2008 at 16:53 Quote
sherbet wrote:
laan71 wrote:
sherbet wrote:
Oh my, this is getting stupid. The Remedy's all mountain, NOT freeride. It can take a bit of abuse, but not FR stuff.

As for why does it matter what frame he rides; depends on if he values it body. He snaps the frame, breaks himself, and gets told by Trek that it was his own fault for making a dumb decision like that. I'd personally rather see that not happen.

ok then ya but what im saying is the fuel ex line isnt xc trek classafys them as trail bikes

Fuel is XC/Trail. Remedy is agressive trail/AM.

i dunno i just dont see it been xc its noting like the top fuel

Posted: Sep 28, 2008 at 16:54 Quote
It might not be their premier issue for XC, but it's still a pretty small bike.

Posted: Sep 28, 2008 at 17:02 Quote
sherbet wrote:
It might not be their premier issue for XC, but it's still a pretty small bike.

what do u mean small bike??

Posted: Sep 28, 2008 at 17:12 Quote
Short travel, steep head angle, etc.

Posted: Sep 28, 2008 at 17:14 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Short travel, steep head angle, etc.

ooooo k the travel is not that short

Posted: Sep 28, 2008 at 17:19 Quote
I'd say 4-5 inches is pretty short.

Posted: Sep 28, 2008 at 18:36 Quote
I keep seeing that riding style "trail" come up... what type of trails do you ride in "trail" riding?

And you daft kid, I may be the same age as you but I can f*ckin read a manufacture's specified riding style for a bike. In the end these bikes as so far out of most people's price range that it should just be set in the back of your mind until you can actually afford one. that's what I'm doing Smile

Posted: Sep 28, 2008 at 18:51 Quote
You kids are ridiculous. There's a LOT more to the classification of a bike then the strength of the frame. The Fuel is an XC bike and the Remedy is an AM bike. If someone continues to insist that the Remedy is a FR bike I will E-Slap you.

Posted: Sep 28, 2008 at 18:58 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
You kids are ridiculous. There's a LOT more to the classification of a bike then the strength of the frame. The Fuel is an XC bike and the Remedy is an AM bike. If someone continues to insist that the Remedy is a FR bike I will E-Slap you.

when u say fuel u must mean the top fuel of course?

Posted: Sep 28, 2008 at 19:05 Quote
laan71 wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:

when u say fuel u must mean the top fuel of course?

Are you kidding? The whole Fuel line is an XC line.

Posted: Sep 28, 2008 at 19:06 Quote
The Fuel EX and the Top Fuel are very different bikes.

Posted: Sep 28, 2008 at 19:07 Quote
anti-guitar-hero wrote:

Yeah. An XC bike and an XC race bike.

Posted: Sep 28, 2008 at 19:10 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
anti-guitar-hero wrote:

k wow u know apsolutly nothing the fuel ex is a agresive trail bike not a xc thats the top fuel do u understand yet?

Posted: Sep 28, 2008 at 19:12 Quote
laan71 wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:
anti-guitar-hero wrote:

k wow u know apsolutly nothing the fuel ex is a agresive trail bike not a xc thats the top fuel do u understand yet?

So what exactly is the difference between trail and XC? What's the difference between trail and XC bikes too?

Posted: Sep 28, 2008 at 19:13 Quote
The geo might be a bit similar, and I agree that the EX can be used for trekking and longer rides, but the 100mm travel Top Fuel resembles more of a hard-core XC bike, like, say, a Giant Anthem, where as the EX resembles a more aggressive, trail/enduro oriented bike. IMO

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.025526
Mobile Version of Website