Who makes decent DH bikes for young kids?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Who makes decent DH bikes for young kids?
Posted: Jul 27, 2010 at 13:56 Quote
wyldebill wrote:
Believe it or not the standover on the 2-4 is 28.6" so regardless of what bike I decide on he is going to have to ride a little higher then his standover.
well i gues that should be fine. he is still growing right? if he's not than get him to a doctor now.

Posted: Jul 27, 2010 at 13:57 Quote
wyldebill wrote:
Believe it or not the standover on the 2-4 is 28.6" so regardless of what bike I decide on he is going to have to ride a little higher then his standover. In fact the specialized spec with 24's will sit lower.
younger kids usually ride over their standovers, it doesn't really matter, i did it for years and do it now with no problems. as long as they are strong it helps to shift their weight around in more places

Posted: Jul 27, 2010 at 13:57 Quote
DHmonkey123 wrote:
wyldebill wrote:
Believe it or not the standover on the 2-4 is 28.6" so regardless of what bike I decide on he is going to have to ride a little higher then his standover.
well i gues that should be fine. he is still growing right? if he's not than get him to a doctor now.

Ha ha, yeah I don't think he's done just yet.

Posted: Jul 27, 2010 at 13:59 Quote
so i guess try him on any bike that feels the best. maybe a Sette Vexx if you want to try online. if you want to buy locally than anything he likes.

Posted: Jul 27, 2010 at 14:05 Quote
WHISTLERMANIAC98 wrote:
konacowan7 wrote:
WHISTLERMANIAC98 wrote:
i'm 12 and am getting a evil revolt, im 5 1 and fits me well with the fox 36 180. get ur kid something like that and itd be perfect
i wish daddy and moomy would buy me an insain bike that i most likley dont neeed
im 12 and race sport with 15 year olds and win
thats preatty cool but he does not need that kind of bike to start oout on pluus i still garuntee you did not pay for it

O+
Posted: Jul 27, 2010 at 14:31 Quote
konacowan7 wrote:
WHISTLERMANIAC98 wrote:
konacowan7 wrote:
i wish daddy and moomy would buy me an insain bike that i most likley dont neeed
thats preatty cool but he does not need that kind of bike to start oout on pluus i still garuntee you did not pay for it

If he is riding in a good catergory against people older than him and winning, I wouldn't say he is just starting out. Give him a break. Hes probably faster than you.

Posted: Jul 27, 2010 at 14:36 Quote
Forget about the pissing match here Smile I like that you guys are throwing out some ideas for me as well as the older fellas on the site. Good insite from young riders is important and by the sounds of things you are good riders.

Posted: Jul 27, 2010 at 15:07 Quote
komodo1 wrote:
konacowan7 wrote:
WHISTLERMANIAC98 wrote:

If he is riding in a good catergory against people older than him and winning, I wouldn't say he is just starting out. Give him a break. Hes probably faster than you.
stop the hate wars
im a lucky kid to have such a nice bike and recongize that. I didn't pay for it, but made a deal with my parents that from now on i pay half price on bikes
and we already had everything but frame and fork lying around

Posted: Jul 27, 2010 at 15:13 Quote
wyldebill wrote:
Forget about the pissing match here Smile I like that you guys are throwing out some ideas for me as well as the older fellas on the site. Good insite from young riders is important and by the sounds of things you are good riders.

i suck at riding. i can only hit up to 5ft doubles and 10 ft drops Frown

Posted: Jul 27, 2010 at 15:20 Quote
DHmonkey123 wrote:
wyldebill wrote:

i suck at riding. i can only hit up to 5ft doubles and 10 ft drops Frown
Riding isn't just about jumps
I can clear 25 foot tables but have trubles with gaps
Riding is all about how well u do what u do
Not the size I'd rather be able to ride a small jump perfectly than hit a big jump that is above my skill level
I'

Posted: Jul 27, 2010 at 15:22 Quote
i am not that fast averaging 20 mph on DH courses. Yet again i ride on a stupid crappy hardtail...

Posted: Jul 27, 2010 at 15:30 Quote
DHmonkey123 wrote:
i am not that fast averaging 20 mph on DH courses. Yet again i ride on a stupid crappy hardtail...
Yeah, but a that matters is how much fun u have riding
Have fun riding and improve so u can avg even faster speeds

Posted: Jul 27, 2010 at 15:56 Quote
i always have fun and i guess your right

Posted: Jul 27, 2010 at 18:04 Quote
DHmonkey123 wrote:
i always have fun and i guess your right
Yeah
The day I stop having fun riding I'll quit

Posted: Jul 27, 2010 at 18:12 Quote
yeah...Topic

have you made your choice on the bike for your son?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.022604
Mobile Version of Website