2008 Marzocchi Dirt Jumper Nitro Rebound Cartridge Conversion

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
2008 Marzocchi Dirt Jumper Nitro Rebound Cartridge Conversion
Posted: May 17, 2014 at 6:33 Quote
Happy to see my thread has helped so many people.

Posted: Nov 2, 2014 at 10:05 Quote
Awesome! my dirt jumper 1 2008 rebound cartridge wasn't even stuck. but i still made this! IT WORK!!! so smooth repound now. Thanks man you are best!

Posted: Dec 29, 2014 at 12:39 Quote
TheCanuck wrote:
chris1995 wrote:
thanks for this mate been wondering where to find this mod, just one question why do you have to punch holes in the bottum to hold the comonsator piston, in the other thread this was not mentioned???

Im not too too sure, but I think it is to let the oil move freely through the hole drilled at 35mm up to the one at 12mm from the top, the piston is no longer needed so you have to get it out of the way and at the bottom. Hope that makes sense. Tell me how it goes if you do it, and don't punch holes, only small dents to hold it in place.

Bro plzz i have some problem i have dj2 2008 to its stuck is that real solution to fix it !!! plzz help me

Posted: Dec 29, 2014 at 16:18 Quote
SimoRider wrote:
TheCanuck wrote:
chris1995 wrote:
thanks for this mate been wondering where to find this mod, just one question why do you have to punch holes in the bottum to hold the comonsator piston, in the other thread this was not mentioned???

Im not too too sure, but I think it is to let the oil move freely through the hole drilled at 35mm up to the one at 12mm from the top, the piston is no longer needed so you have to get it out of the way and at the bottom. Hope that makes sense. Tell me how it goes if you do it, and don't punch holes, only small dents to hold it in place.

Bro plzz i have some problem i have dj2 2008 to its stuck is that real solution to fix it !!! plzz help me
it works. Even if it isn't "stuck" drilling will not only make it so the oil can be more free flowing, but also opens up the range on your rebound adjustment. I don't know why that fork doesn't just come stock like that, it's sooo much better!

Posted: Jan 1, 2015 at 6:09 Quote
ok dude i will try make holes in that Cartridge !! i hope work it for me
but how many holes i will make . i know just 3 yes ?
one: 21mm
two: 35 mm
three: 12mm yes ? that all ?

Posted: Jan 3, 2015 at 13:40 Quote
RGonz wrote:
SimoRider wrote:
TheCanuck wrote:

it works. Even if it isn't "stuck" drilling will not only make it so the oil can be more free flowing, but also opens up the range on your rebound adjustment. I don't know why that fork doesn't just come stock like that, it's sooo much better!

Posted: Jan 16, 2015 at 13:23 Quote
Hi, one silly question hahah, I´m about to do this conversion and I´m really afraid about gettin´ hurt with the cartridge when drilling it. Won´t it explode when I make the first hole? I´m pretty scared about drilling it with so much pressure inside...
Thanks!

Posted: Jan 16, 2015 at 13:35 Quote
Wont explode. It will just let out some pressurized air. Wear some sort of eye protection.

Posted: Jan 17, 2015 at 10:46 Quote
Worst that will happen is a piss stream of dirty oil in your face. Wear safety glasses or old goggles, and you'll be fine.

I definitely recommend a hand drill if you have one though... I did it with a shitty Black & Decker electric and it was really tough to keep the speed low enough to stay accurate while applying light even pressure.

Posted: Feb 18, 2015 at 15:34 Quote
just did mine way better but rebound is not working (push down with body weight) drilled 1mm holes...too small maybe
super easy to do with your guys help thanks alot

Posted: Feb 18, 2015 at 18:43 Quote
Mlav wrote:
just did mine way better but rebound is not working (push down with body weight) drilled 1mm holes...too small maybe

maybe add some air? btw rebound is the speed your fork extends back to full travel (not the speed it goes down)

Posted: Feb 19, 2015 at 16:41 Quote
LondonCowan wrote:
Mlav wrote:

maybe add some air? btw rebound is the speed your fork extends back to full travel (not the speed it goes down)

to decompress you have to compress first. no? Wink
psi is in the high 40's im @ 150lbs

Posted: Feb 19, 2015 at 16:46 Quote
Mlav wrote:
LondonCowan wrote:
Mlav wrote:

to change the speed your fork goes down (compresses), some forks have a compression adjustment (sometimes hi and low). The 2008 DJ2 lacks this adjustment, but you can pump more air in the fork to make it stiffer

Posted: Feb 19, 2015 at 17:49 Quote
LondonCowan wrote:
Mlav wrote:
LondonCowan wrote:

to change the speed your fork goes down (compresses), some forks have a compression adjustment (sometimes hi and low). The 2008 DJ2 lacks this adjustment, but you can pump more air in the fork to make it stiffer

yes thank you...my question was if there is no rebound...what did i do wrong eg. floating piston...drilled holes too small?/
and seeing it is used for dirt jumping, rebound is pretty important.

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 at 8:32 Quote
Works perfect just follow procedure on page one read all the posts. ...if your rebound doesnt work after procedure check 1 drill holles at least 1.5mm wide 3-4 mm deep
2- fill the cartridge with oil before putting back in then fill stanction
3- make sure there is enough oil (170ml) is what i put. If you put too much you will know , it blocks your compression (hydrolock)

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.029368
Mobile Version of Website