2008 Marzocchi Dirt Jumper Nitro Rebound Cartridge Conversion

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
2008 Marzocchi Dirt Jumper Nitro Rebound Cartridge Conversion
| Next Page
Posted: Jun 4, 2015 at 5:39 Quote
Hey all,

Wondering if anyone can help me here. I did the modification to my cartridge which was on my Marzocchi Bomber Z1 (I think roughly 2007/8 ) and it worked brilliantly!!! But only for about 6 months. Now I have lost rebound control and it rides like a pogo stick topping-out with the slightest lift of the wheel off the ground. The rebound control dial does nothing, using an allen key to mimic the dial also does nothing. I have also checked the oil level and replaced with higher wt oil (15w) and still no rebound control. If anything, when cycling the cartridge up and down, the downward stroke is ever so slightly firmer than upwards, but its roughly equal.

Any suggestions/advise?

Posted: May 6, 2016 at 14:35 Quote
I'm about to give this modification a go as after taking my Dirt jumper 1 2009's apart for a service I struggled screwing the rebound cartridge back in as it was rather tough to compress to reach the upper stanchion threads. My rebound currently offers little adjustment and gives a loud clunk sound as the slow rebound engages. I also can't get any more than ~30mm travel when dropping all of my weight onto them from around a 6 foot drop. I have a suspicion that the rebound cartridge is the culprit there as I've emptied all of the air out of the right leg and replaced all of the oil with a light (5wt) fluid to correct levels per leg. (I weigh 11 stone).

Also after servicing my forks and replacing the oil I noticed that screwing in the allen bolt under the right leg offered nothing to screw against. I tried to push and hold a long screw driver against the other side of the air cartridge to offer some rotational resistance so I could tighten the bolt but I have only been able to tighten it to some extent. If anyone could shed some light onto how to correctly tighten this allen bolt I would much appreciate it as I'm currently worried I could damage components as I feel it's too loose.

I will be giving this mod a try in a few days when my heavier weight oil comes (15wt). If anyone has any more info to add or tips on the procedure I'd appreciate it as I can't really afford to lose half functioning forks, cheers.

Posted: May 11, 2016 at 10:47 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=143057

Posted: May 13, 2016 at 14:15 Quote
Impact wrench works every time

Posted: Feb 24, 2017 at 18:06 Quote
Reviving old thread, just did this Martin, are used a 10 weight Delray for coil and it seems at that compression is a little firmer and rebound is a little slower as compared to stock. My cartridge that still work but I weigh 250 pounds and it just wasn't enough so I'm going to try it out this weekend

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.036005
Mobile Version of Website