Product review: 2008 Specialized Big Hit 3

PB Forum :: Specialized
Product review: 2008 Specialized Big Hit 3
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 18:19 Quote
I will be writing a short review about the 2008 Specialized Big Hit 3. I will include my thoughts and opinions about how it preformed on the trail as well as some facts about it that you my want to know before you buy.

On the morning of November 21 I had the opportunity to test out the brand new 2008 Specialized Big Hit 3 on one of the best dh/fr trails in So.Cal, G-Spot. G-Spot is almost ideal for testing any Downhill or Freeride bike because the trail includes so many diverse obsticles and terrain. To put it in a nut shell there are technical step ups, huge drops and sweet berms all of wich require a good amount of skill to travese at high speeds. But back to the bike it comes equipt with Marzocchi 888's in the front and a Fox Dhx 4.0 in the back, they work togther very well with the frames geometry as far as carrying speed through some of the rocky areas wich offten rob you of your mommentum. The only thing that bugged me was the lack of adjustability on the forks, there was no way to externaly adjust how fast the fork went down or control the preload, it did have an adjuster on the bottom of the fork that controled rebound but it just want enough to satisfy me. Alright now onto the components, it comes equipt with a sram shifter and deureler, yes this is a single ring in the front. Specialized also complemented the the single chain ring with a pretty nice chain guide system that works similar to the E. Thirteen chain guide. Only complaint about this is the noise the chain makes as it goes through the upper part of the guide (im shure after a couple rides you will not even notice it anymore) never the less it was noticeable. It seems like Specialized took some extra time to make the bike look like the well crafted artifact that it is. (I say artifact because all along the fame those red patches you see are aztec symbols, an example would be the head of a dog along the side of the frame, these symbols coupled with the anodized red hubs, and shock linkage all make you feel like you are going right out of the store with a factory machine that has been built for you personally. Well thats a wrap let me know if you have any specific questions about the bike or if there was something major i missed. I will be happy to answer any of your questions.

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 23:04 Quote
You seem to have this review also in your blog, but I'll comment here.

Good to see ppl making reviews.

I think you should include more pictures in to your posts. It's not very inviting looking review, when there is many, many, many lines of text. Split text to paragraphs. Check out, how "big guys" make reviews.

It's fun to make reviews, but it's actually quite a lot of work to do. If you do 'em properly and shout out about them, they will be read.

Keep 'em coming!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008141
Mobile Version of Website