Places to ride in Europe

PB Forum :: Europe
Places to ride in Europe
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 19:16 Quote
I'm going to be traveling to europe for a while and was wondering were some of the good light-freeride and dirt jump areas would be. I'll be mostly in Germany, France, Belgium and the Netherlands.

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 9:05 Quote
Germany: Winterberg bike park (close to the Netherlands)
Belgium: Filthy Trails (http://forum.mountainbike.be/viewtopic.php?t=36700) for sure! (also close to the Netherlands)
Netherlands: dont really know (shame on me)
France: go to the Alpes after the snow season, like Les Deux Alpes/Alp D'huez, there are some parks over there

Posted: Dec 27, 2007 at 10:15 Quote
dirt:

belgium: dirt E-19 (somewhere near Antwerpen)

netherlands:
Rijswijk (near The Hague): a4 trails
Heerenveen: BPH Bike Park Heerenveen
Groningen: 4x track
Groningen: PPG Pedalpark Groningen

i don't know the websites of these places, but if you search on google you'll find it Wink

Posted: Dec 27, 2007 at 10:39 Quote
Good thing to know is when you will be here. Winter...it's really limited due to shitty weather. Spring and summer, lots of places to ride. Besides the above mentioned places, just about every other town here in Netherlands has trails, just need to ask around. In Germany, a fun place to ride anytime is Abflughalle...all indoor dirt jumps. Bmx and mountain bikers get along just fine there. You can google it. There's going to be some big events going on again this year in Germany as well.
If you want more detailed info, just let me know.

Posted: Mar 4, 2008 at 6:14 Quote
the netherlands: also in Scheveningen (The Hague) they are building a really cool Dirt Jump spot

if you want, i can give some coordinates with google earth for you..

Posted: Mar 4, 2008 at 13:49 Quote
warthog wrote:
Good thing to know is when you will be here. Winter...it's really limited due to shitty weather. Spring and summer, lots of places to ride. Besides the above mentioned places, just about every other town here in Netherlands has trails, just need to ask around. In Germany, a fun place to ride anytime is Abflughalle...all indoor dirt jumps. Bmx and mountain bikers get along just fine there. You can google it. There's going to be some big events going on again this year in Germany as well.
If you want more detailed info, just let me know.

i thought i'll quote this

the Abflughalle did shut down a few weeks ago, because they didn't make enough money to keep the indoor-dirt-hall running

and the winter in the netherlands is so much better as in other countries, okay, it rains sometimes, but in other countries you can't ride for months because of the snow, so BE HAPPY tup

Posted: Mar 5, 2008 at 11:41 Quote
hey spongebomb, it's not closed down yet is it? they still have a contest (the local support challenge i think) going on there on 15 March. we were planning going there this sunday for the last time. i thought they were closing right after the contest.

Posted: Mar 5, 2008 at 11:47 Quote
mtberdaan wrote:
the netherlands: also in Scheveningen (The Hague) they are building a really cool Dirt Jump spot

if you want, i can give some coordinates with google earth for you..

Can you give me the coordinatesBig Grin

Posted: Mar 5, 2008 at 11:50 Quote
Swinley forest in Berkshire, UK .. nearly 3000 acres with a mix of XC trails, single track, free ride, downhill and dirt jump.

Posted: Mar 6, 2008 at 9:44 Quote
warthog wrote:
hey spongebomb, it's not closed down yet is it? they still have a contest (the local support challenge i think) going on there on 15 March. we were planning going there this sunday for the last time. i thought they were closing right after the contest.

i heard the message a time ago, i tought it closed down since then, but i was wrong Razz

Posted: Mar 7, 2008 at 1:29 Quote
whew...by the way, at the BMX Playground in Veldhoven they have a new set of indoor jumps to go along with their good sized foam pit.

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 14:44 Quote
DaveyLC wrote:
Swinley forest in Berkshire, UK .. nearly 3000 acres with a mix of XC trails, single track, free ride, downhill and dirt jump.
yea thats a nice place to ride all rounder i love the road gap near gully

Posted: Oct 21, 2010 at 4:50 Quote
Where abouts in swinley forset are the dirt jumps?

i cant find them.

Please HELP!!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010988
Mobile Version of Website