PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Grips for dirt jumping?
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 24, 2010 at 2:50 Quote
nathan555666 wrote:
oury's
most comforable grips i've ridden
photo

They're crazy. Never seen flanges on only the outside before. They look well comfy.

FL
Posted: Aug 24, 2010 at 11:28 Quote
eastofski wrote:
nathan555666 wrote:
oury's
photo

They're crazy. Never seen flanges on only the outside before. They look well comfy.

I think they're on backwards not because they are designed with outside flanges.

Posted: Aug 24, 2010 at 12:40 Quote
tom666 wrote:
eastofski wrote:
nathan555666 wrote:
oury's
photo

I think they're on backwards not because they are designed with outside flanges.

I thought that, but I looked them up and they're meant to be that way round

FL
Posted: Aug 24, 2010 at 12:53 Quote
eastofski wrote:
tom666 wrote:
eastofski wrote:

Eek Weird. Whats the gain?

Posted: Aug 25, 2010 at 3:47 Quote
tom666 wrote:
eastofski wrote:
tom666 wrote:

Eek Weird. Whats the gain?

No idea. Comfort I assume. Think it's retro appeal. Must be a yank thing eh? Wink

Posted: Aug 25, 2010 at 4:19 Quote
eastofski wrote:
No idea. Comfort I assume. Think it's retro appeal. Must be a yank thing eh? Wink
Nah, not a Yank thing bro. I have been riding since the seventies and never saw anything like them. Definitely retro appeal I guess, but then not retro. Things that make you go Mmmmmm?

Posted: Aug 25, 2010 at 4:25 Quote
Jon-m wrote:
Use hairspray (aerosol) to get them on. Spray it on the inside of the grips. It's slippery at first, but it dries sticky. Slide them on fast! It dries quick.

To remove them use spray silicon lubricant with one of the long red tubes. Lift the grip from the bar with a screwdriver and spray some lube in there to get the grips off. You can do this multiple times to a set of grips without damaging them.
Oh yeah, the good ole hairspray trick, Works great for non-lock on grips. As per getting them off, you can also use air from a air compressor to get them off real easy like without the lubricant. No cleaning afterwords. Wink

I personally like the ODI Ruffian & Rogue lock-ons.

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 18:47 Quote
chunkiemonkie wrote:
Jon-m wrote:
The hairspray makes slip on grips as sturdy as lock on grips.
almost. over time it starts to wear.

Never had a problem with hairspray over the last 25yrs riding.
The other option to add comes from motocross riders called "lock wiring" which is getting thin metal wire, wrap around both ends if the grip and with pliers twist the ends together til tight n cut off neat/short. I used to use this technique when racing bmx in the rain back years ago before lockon grips come about.

Posted: Jul 12, 2019 at 10:16 Quote
I love my RaceFace Gripplers. They come in 2 different diameters, I ride the 33mm. Also a bunch of colors. Great grip and shock absorption. Also a fan of the previously mentioned Oury's.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.020103
Mobile Version of Website