Confidence tips

PB Forum :: Beginners
Confidence tips
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 21, 2010 at 15:27 Quote
Hey gUys last time I went to a 4x track I was so nervious and unconfident and i finish with a really bad crash,I need tips for get into the track and hitm like many times before. Thanks

Posted: Jul 22, 2010 at 10:25 Quote
Picture yourself doing it. If you can't visualize it then don't hit it that day. personally, I always look to push myself just a little bit at a time out of my comfort zone. As your comfort zone grows so will the number of crashes you've had. Crashing is just part of learning (well for me anyways) so buy some padding, and just slowly push your comfort limit. Even if it means riding halfway up a ramp and dropping off the side for a day or two. At least then you will develop a feel for it and you'll stop seeing that "massive ramp" and start seeing it as "Its just another foot from last time"

Hope that helps,

-Brian

O+
Posted: Jul 22, 2010 at 11:00 Quote
good tyres you can trust also helps the confidence.

Posted: Jul 22, 2010 at 11:04 Quote
Trust your gear, trust your talent, forget about consequences, know you can do it.

Get someone to tow you in (ride in front of you and do the same thing).

Posted: Jul 22, 2010 at 12:13 Quote
Hey man thanx thats true, helps a lot thanks

Posted: Jul 22, 2010 at 12:14 Quote
adove wrote:
Trust your gear, trust your talent, forget about consequences, know you can do it.

Get someone to tow you in (ride in front of you and do the same thing).

completely true... thanks

Posted: Jul 22, 2010 at 12:16 Quote
Follow someone, I can not express now much this helps. that way you know what lines to take at what speed.

Posted: Jul 22, 2010 at 12:43 Quote
admarshall wrote:
Right now I'm using kenda kinetics in both wheels, are these tires good enough?

Posted: Jul 22, 2010 at 12:54 Quote
Ospooh92 wrote:
admarshall wrote:
From my experience NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO. I had a pair and the front was the most unpredictable, and inconsistent tire I've ever ridden.(I had 2.7 Stick-E's)

Posted: Jul 22, 2010 at 13:03 Quote
Nobble wrote:
Ospooh92 wrote:
admarshall wrote:
From my experience NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO. I had a pair and the front was the most unpredictable, and inconsistent tire I've ever ridden.(I had 2.7 Stick-E's)

Hhahahaha mmm and maxxis minion 2.5?

O+
Posted: Jul 22, 2010 at 14:29 Quote
I love my minions 2.5 front and rear - great tyre, my confidence was instantly boosted because they're so predictable.

Posted: Jul 23, 2010 at 3:18 Quote
admarshall wrote:
I love my minions 2.5 front and rear - great tyre, my confidence was instantly boosted because they're so predictable.
+1 minions are great

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011635
Mobile Version of Website