No more pike for 2011

PB Forum :: SRAM
No more pike for 2011
  • Previous Page
FL
Posted: Jul 23, 2010 at 10:38 Quote
hey guys i was on the sram website there will be a 140mm argyle rct but with u-turn
TAKE TO THE AIR.

Jumping is all about control. The more control you have, the higher you go. With sturdy 32mm upper tubes, the Maxle Lite thru axle and externally adjustable Motion Control damping, the sky is the limit. Adding an even longer and lighter 140mm chassis to the Argyle lineup, this fork gives you the precision to dig deeper, go higher and nail the landing so smoothly all you’ll hear is silence.

Updates for Model Year 2011

• New option for “Slopestyle” at 140mm of travel featuring aluminum upper tubes.

• Features new Maxle Lite.

• New BoXXer red color option.

• Lighter weight.

***Available Aftermarket:

- Argyle RCT 100mm, White, (includes - pump)

- Argyle RCT 140mm, BoXXer Red (includes - pump)
heres some details

FL
Posted: Jul 23, 2010 at 10:39 Quote
heres link for you http://www.sram.com/rockshox/products/argyle-rct

Posted: Jul 23, 2010 at 10:42 Quote
masterk wrote:
hey guys i was on the sram website there will be a 140mm argyle rct but with u-turn
TAKE TO THE AIR.

Jumping is all about control. The more control you have, the higher you go. With sturdy 32mm upper tubes, the Maxle Lite thru axle and externally adjustable Motion Control damping, the sky is the limit. Adding an even longer and lighter 140mm chassis to the Argyle lineup, this fork gives you the precision to dig deeper, go higher and nail the landing so smoothly all you’ll hear is silence.

Updates for Model Year 2011

• New option for “Slopestyle” at 140mm of travel featuring aluminum upper tubes.

• Features new Maxle Lite.

• New BoXXer red color option.

• Lighter weight.

***Available Aftermarket:

- Argyle RCT 100mm, White, (includes - pump)

- Argyle RCT 140mm, BoXXer Red (includes - pump)
heres some details

no pike? That is a shock. (hehe)
anyway, what is tje weoghtvof argyle? Because 5.2lb on a £300 fork ks just wrong...

FL
Posted: Jul 23, 2010 at 10:45 Quote
hmm i dunno buddy i only found it the other night but forgot to put it up

Posted: Jul 23, 2010 at 10:46 Quote
masterk wrote:

ah ok bud,

FL
Posted: Jul 23, 2010 at 10:53 Quote
devulge96 wrote:
masterk wrote:

ah ok bud,
but you will find everything out about the forks on the sram website

Posted: Jul 24, 2010 at 2:22 Quote
masterk wrote:
devulge96 wrote:
masterk wrote:

ah ok bud,
but you will find everything out about the forks on the sram website

Ok, ill have a look.

Posted: Jul 24, 2010 at 3:29 Quote
Am I right in saying that the Argyle R and RC are just restickered 302 and 318s?

Posted: Jul 24, 2010 at 3:30 Quote
anthonysjb wrote:
Am I right in saying that the Argyle R and RC are just restickered 302 and 318s?

You are indeed!

Posted: Jul 24, 2010 at 3:34 Quote
devulge96 wrote:
anthonysjb wrote:

You are indeed!

So basically, all they have done is dis-continued the 409, rebranded the 302 and 318, and changed a few tiny things on the Pike and put an Argyle RCT sticker on it as far as I can see.

Posted: Jul 24, 2010 at 3:36 Quote
anthonysjb wrote:
devulge96 wrote:
anthonysjb wrote:

You are indeed!

So basically, all they have done is dis-continued the 409, rebranded the 302 and 318, and changed a few tiny things on the Pike and put an Argyle RCT sticker on it as far as I can see.

Yep Beer

Posted: Jul 24, 2010 at 3:58 Quote
They have also renamed loads of their other products too, the Boxxer Race is now the Boxxer R2C2 which I found pretty amusing as it sounds like a certain star wars character Razz

Posted: Jul 24, 2010 at 3:58 Quote
From what I can see they rebranded the 302 and 318 and for the RCT they've mixed up some forks to give an air/coil Motion Control mix which you can buy in 100mm or 140mm. The 100mm version is essentially a revised Argyle 409 and the 140mm version is an air Pike. Unless they've changed internal stuff that I don't know about they've just marketed towards 'slopestyle' and made it seem like they've created a new fork, when they haven't. At best the forks have been revised a bit.

However, I do prefer the new names, they tell you what adjustments the fork has, like RC has Rebound and Compression adjustment. This is much better than applying numbers to the fork, then everyone getting confused about which one they should get.

Posted: Jul 24, 2010 at 4:01 Quote
The 100mm RCT is more like a lowered Pike than a revised 409 imo.

Posted: Jul 24, 2010 at 4:04 Quote
It's the same as a 409. Same technologies.

EDIT: Just with Pike uppers maybe?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011340
Mobile Version of Website