A good 24'' frame?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
A good 24'' frame?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 11:49 Quote
Hi again, I newly posted a link about a DMR Transition 24'' and asked if it was a good DJ/Urban frame. I really like that frame, but of course I would like to know if there is any else 24'' frame that is good for DJ/Urban. I want a frame with pretty short chainstays (390-365mm), a disc mount, horizontal drop-outs and in cro-moly/steel, And a bit stiff so it can handle a bit DH/FR because i do some FR/DH too, but its only a few times per year and in non-serious competitions with friends. Well what is your opinions? Thanks in beforehand Smile

Peace out!

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 11:58 Quote
well i have a revell 300s, nice and short,comes with integrated headset, very good for street but i dont know if you can get them in your country

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 12:00 Quote
nah i cant get 'em here but i seems to order from england (Chain Reaction Cycles)and there they have it in stock. Ive looked a bit at the it too and it looks nice.

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 13:15 Quote
i think the 08 specialized p.grom fits your description.. check out the site.

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 13:19 Quote
I have a DMR Trailstar LT and that works really well for everything. It can run both 24 and 26" wheels, and can be run as single speed also, and has rim brake mounts in case you ever wanted them. It's extremely comfortable for dj and street, and works very well for trail too.

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 13:43 Quote
DMR transition is a fairly good bet, but I've never liked the look of their extremely chunky dropouts. I do like the revell frames a lot as pete says, but if you're going to run a sus fork it will catch on the frame when you go to x-up so maybe not such a great idea. If you waited a while then you could get an 08 NS suburban, (they will be coming in 24" and 26" rather than one for both as they did this year). Also Identiti bikes (UK) have just bought out their P60 which looks nice but i haven't ridden one!

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 14:35 Quote
doberman pinchers are asome with 24'

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 14:35 Quote
what about the tonic fab "fall guy" frame.
that thing is sick, and 24 specific.
with 14mm drops for a bmx hub!!@!11!1!one!11

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 14:56 Quote
nemesis project deathmoblie 24

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 14:58 Quote
george484 wrote:
photo

yeah yeah
you know what im talkin about

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 14:58 Quote
giant stp is a good one. my friend have one and its cool

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 15:13 Quote
konarock wrote:
giant stp is a good one. my friend have one and its cool

Why suggest an STP when he's after a 24" frame? Learn to read!

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 0:06 Quote
thanks for your suggestions. the tonic fab fall guy looks really fresh, but it doesn't have disc mounts.. and I find that kinda necessary because i would like to keep on using my hydraulic disc brakes and I don't think my rim is available for rim brakes. anyway, I also use a suspensioned fork so theres the problem within revell bikes, but I think i can fix that. anyway, whats the problem with DMR Transition's drop outs, I think they look like any drop-outs at all?

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 1:17 Quote
pete-roles-a-revell wrote:
well i have a revell 300s, nice and short,comes with integrated headset, very good for street but i dont know if you can get them in your country

well that is what i would suggest...i have a revell 450r and they are really just a 26" version of the 300 which i think is that same frame as the 250r that we have in australia and it is awsome nice short and handles amazingly and is a peice of piss to manual

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.259116
Mobile Version of Website