Beginner trials group rides EDMONTON

PB Forum :: Observed Biketrials
Beginner trials group rides EDMONTON
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 23, 2010 at 16:15 Quote
Hey... this is DArren, I live out here in sherwood park...
I've noticed over the past while that there is an increased interest in learning how to trials ride...
I am willing to show people the basics and fundamentals they will need to learn this type of riding...

We will meet at various places around the city, sherwood park, downtown, and UofA area aprox once every week, pending on interest... you can use almost any type of bike to come and participate, suspension/ hardtail/ trials specific bike, all can be used to learn the basics...

Like anything in life, the right tool for the job always makes it easier... there will always be different types of trials bikes kicking around, so if you are wondering what they are all about, I urge you to come and try them out, mine is always available for people to try...

we will always be sticking around a couple block radius for rides, so people can even come walking along with us, they will have an easy time keeping up

I will also help you with bike set ups if need be... it makes a big difference sometimes
obstacles will be things like curbs and low retaining walls... Hope to see you out!

Posted: Jul 23, 2010 at 16:19 Quote
First ride will be tonight 7:00 till 8:30 at the Save on Foods parking lot... Wye road and sherwood drive

Sorry about the short notice ride tonight, others will have more notice!
post up if your interested or just show up

Posted: Aug 5, 2010 at 10:36 Quote
I'm planning a beginner ride for this Sat. Aug 7th at 1:00

Meeting place will be Festival place in sherwood park... there is a little lake there with some stairs, retaining walls and benches... great place to learn some basics...

post that you'll be there or call me @ 780 417 3849 to let me know if anyone will be there...

Posted: Aug 7, 2010 at 11:39 Quote
well... no post or calls so I will not be showing up

Posted: Sep 24, 2010 at 8:40 Quote
come on you edmonton and surrounding area trials riders! we are always happy to have more people in our group! like darren said we are always happy to teach and help you along the way, its the best way of learning! look at Graham, hes living proof. so just come and join us on our downtown rides or Uof A rides! Just check the EDMONTON TRIALS TIMES thread on here and meet up with us!

Posted: Sep 24, 2010 at 9:40 Quote
not sure if guys come across this thread or not...
just post if your interested in going for a ride sometime... I"m more than happy to spend some time showing people the basics or advanced stuff...

or like Sean says, check out the "edmonton trials rides" thread and see where the group is riding... lots of different skill levels so don't be shy... always a good time!

Posted: Apr 24, 2011 at 11:58 Quote
Or if there are some pro riders out there, I could you some lessons too! Wink

Posted: Aug 6, 2011 at 8:26 Quote
You Guys still doing this?

Posted: Aug 6, 2011 at 8:51 Quote
sure are... we did these the past two nights at the save on foods parking lot on Wye road Sherwood park...

let me/ us know when you where thinking you can make it.

O+
Posted: Jun 6, 2012 at 17:17 Quote
is this thread still kickin? Darren I think I've met you a few times before, but never ridden with you so it would be good to get together. I'm up for any type of terrain really, so someone chime in here and lets find something fun to ride.

Posted: Jun 6, 2012 at 19:11 Quote
thread is still going... offer is still valid... I ride about every other day... most the time it's just around sherwood park...
if you are looking for someone to help you out with certain skills then I would be happy to spend some time playing around a parking lot

If you know the basics of trials riding, which I assume you do... you should just check out edmonton trials rides and come out with who ever posts up a ride time... we have new people join us regularly and group rides usually have up to 5 people riding from beginner to top provincial riders

ask questions if you are unsure about where we meet...

hope to see you soon

Posted: Aug 30, 2012 at 20:34 Quote
hey darren are you still doing learning to ride trails . if so I'm interested at times and place . date aug 30/12

Posted: Aug 30, 2012 at 21:34 Quote
you bet... I'm around most of next week if you can get out for a ride in the evening... I usually stick around local spots in sherwood park... or Down town edmonton is always a good place to get started...
let me know if you can get out in the next week

Posted: Aug 31, 2012 at 17:18 Quote
what local spots in sherwood park I'm not that familiar with sherwood park

Posted: Aug 31, 2012 at 22:40 Quote
Festival place/around the mall are good. The business area of the park on the west side has tons of good beginner and advanced riding. Haythorne school? The one north/east of bev facey has some cool stuff out front.
Lots of good beginner stuff around businesses along baseline, the trails behind glen allen always had some good noob lines.
Around millenium in the business area has tons of various skill level riding.

I would say festival/mall area and west end business is your best for condensed riding.

You should msg me when you're available to ride

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012248
Mobile Version of Website