Accidentally building in a national park... :S help?

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Accidentally building in a national park... :S help?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 26, 2010 at 2:24 Quote
I have been informed by a friends that my trail is in a national park. now the trail is secret and only a few of us know about it. its a sick track and i dont want to stop building it... but im just wondering what the general opinion on it is? i only found out just then by the way.

Posted: Jul 26, 2010 at 2:30 Quote
in general councils are asses anyway so keep building tup

Posted: Jul 26, 2010 at 20:08 Quote
yo13bo wrote:
in general councils are asses anyway so keep building tup
This, pretty much. tup

Posted: Jul 27, 2010 at 0:09 Quote
got ya. Razz looked it up and its a max of $40,000 fine :S meh. just be carfull.

O+
Posted: Jul 27, 2010 at 1:05 Quote
DJ-in-JB wrote:
got ya. Razz looked it up and its a max of $40,000 fine :S meh. just be carfull.
thats all you can do. if you see a ute, throw away your hovel quick as you can.

Posted: Jul 27, 2010 at 1:19 Quote
its hard to explain coz its off a walking track so there wont be a ute. only walkers.lol

Posted: Jul 27, 2010 at 5:44 Quote
ya but the walkers will be curious as to what your doing. that could draw in unwanted attention and a crowd to your site. evventually bring national park officials. id abbandon your trail, and find a new location. if u can find one you can find antoher thats not on national park land. is 40 grand worth the building expirence, when you could jsut find a new location?

Posted: Jul 27, 2010 at 5:58 Quote
I'd abandon the trail if I was you, 40 000$ fine Eek it's a lot of money man! think about it !

Posted: Jul 28, 2010 at 8:44 Quote
stick with it, don't get caught. then try to get in with a trail advocacy group or create your own. set a game plan to refurbish trail, they only get pissed if you're in there cutting trees but if there's an already existing trail (wink, wink, nudge, nudge)you might be able to score government help. don't build sketchy wooden stunts, or jumps with gaps that you can fall in between.

Posted: Jul 28, 2010 at 19:04 Quote
its a really tough desicion coz every were on a hill around here is either streets or its a national park. so i cant just drop it and get another spot. its trail or no trail unfortunatly. and its abit late for jumps ith gaps coz we already have two set up.... :/

Posted: Jul 29, 2010 at 6:46 Quote
ya if ur going to build id say make everything as natural as possible almost like a buffed up walking trail.

make it so any level of rider can ride it. and ppl walking can walk through it without any problems cause then they wont report the problems they had to a park ranger ya know

Posted: Jul 29, 2010 at 6:51 Quote
DJ-in-JB wrote:
its a really tough desicion coz every were on a hill around here is either streets or its a national park. so i cant just drop it and get another spot. its trail or no trail unfortunatly. and its abit late for jumps ith gaps coz we already have two set up.... :/

Dont cut down any jahar (sp?) or any other native bush. Genraly the park rangers arnt to bad so long as you look after the trail (ie: no litter).
Remeber there people too, they dont want to go through the process of fining youso aslong as your polite and helpfull you should be cool.

Posted: Aug 1, 2010 at 3:21 Quote
what national park are you building in?

Posted: Aug 1, 2010 at 3:27 Quote
why do you ask?

Posted: Aug 1, 2010 at 3:32 Quote
Depending on the national park, they might drop the fine.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.077944
Mobile Version of Website