Morzine 2010! MASSIVE BIKE THEFT!

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Morzine 2010! MASSIVE BIKE THEFT!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 26, 2010 at 2:54 Quote
It appears there's a lot of organised crime going on in Morzine this summer. I know of 18 bikes gone in 3 days. These guys are pro's. They're hotwiring garage doors, watching where bikes are and taking them in the night. Not just bikes, helmets, tools, bike racks everything in the garage! AMong the ones that have been taken are my sister's raw silver socom with purple bars, a white socom, a black davinci johnson and a dark blue v10!

Posted: Jul 26, 2010 at 5:32 Quote
Mental! They (=local Police) should set up a trap (dunno, like 3 v10's in an open garage) to get these... folks. I wonder why that isn't donw in every bigger city - lock a v10 to a pole and the one who tries to steal it is likely to do this now + then. This'd fix the whole bike-stealing phenomenon...

Posted: Jul 27, 2010 at 8:56 Quote
While that would be really satisfying for all bike owners. Its not a very practical solution, the Police dont want to create crimes they want to cut them down.

It would be good vs a situation above though.

Posted: Aug 2, 2010 at 1:52 Quote
Add to that 9 bikes from our basement under Alptitude on the 24th....

itselle....you the guy with the guy with the dog by any chance??

Posted: Aug 7, 2010 at 7:01 Quote
-It'll take some time but once your bike has been passed around a bit it'll end up on eBay.

-In the criminal underworld, this bike will be being passed around.For Example; A junkie stole it, then sold it to a dealer for drugs etc. then the dealer sold it to someone else for a big lump of cash, then it'll get passed around and eventually somewhere down the line it'll end up being put on eBay.

-Look at this guide and follow the instructions.

-Get your friends involved to keep an eye out on eBay.

I know this is'nt much but you have a very high possibility of getting it back so have a look.

Recover Your Stolen Bike Through eBay

Cheers.

Posted: Aug 7, 2010 at 22:12 Quote
kenetic you got me real paranoid now, im getting more locks soon as i can

Posted: Aug 8, 2010 at 6:09 Quote
Yeah, it's safest thing to do, I just thought I'd point out to you how common biek theft is and how any of us could be next!

Posted: Aug 8, 2010 at 6:29 Quote
aint that da truth brudda!

Posted: Aug 8, 2010 at 12:32 Quote
Yeah man definitely hate thieving basterds they should have their hands chopped off.

Posted: Aug 8, 2010 at 13:09 Quote
they realy are the lowest skum on the face of the earth, to some people its stealin there life! defonetly for me, if my fixie was stolen id probly tern into a alcholic

Posted: Aug 8, 2010 at 13:12 Quote
joe-got-the-erge wrote:
they realy are the lowest skum on the face of the earth, to some people its stealin there life! defonetly for me, if my fixie was stolen id probly tern into a alcholic

haha tup The law should let us have these on our property....

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://library.thinkquest.org/C008616/site/pics/Landmine.jpg

Posted: Aug 8, 2010 at 13:16 Quote
or even better, finger print machine on the grips, if it dosnt match the bars explode and they loose there hand!

Posted: Aug 8, 2010 at 13:18 Quote
joe-got-the-erge wrote:
or even better, finger print machine on the grips, if it dosnt match the bars explode and they loose there hand!

Yeah lol, or like Blades sword where it rips your hand up if you try holding the bars.

Posted: Jul 27, 2011 at 4:56 Quote
We had 4 bikes stolen (out of 6) from the Garage in Morzine on Aug, 1 2011. We heard of at least 4 more.

Bike theft is huge in Morzine. Watch out or don't go at all.

Police was a joke. They posted n the news that they captured several bikes. Went back to the police to find out. they showed us 5 bikes that you would not pay a dime to ride on them. Some of them where kid bikes. Not even a mountain bikes, just city bikes. Politics

Posted: Nov 21, 2011 at 15:36 Quote
this is why i keep my bikes in my bedroom/living room. i had 1 bike stolen for a day then found and i couldnt stand not knowing where my bike was and i vowed it would never happen again!!!!!!!!!!!!! i also have the cerial numbers on all my bikes written down

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012027
Mobile Version of Website