ROAD TRIP! Stops along the way? Discuss!

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
ROAD TRIP! Stops along the way? Discuss!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 27, 2010 at 3:57 Quote
Alright, i'm 90% sure (depending on mechanical condition of truck) that Will and I will be roadtripping out to Alberta in 2012 to visit justin99 and shred his yard. The trip would take 2 days of straight driving, but that's no fun. i plan to drive 1000km or less each day, making stops along the way to visit parks and street spots, ride for a few hours and be on our way.

This is the approximate route, as i want to avoid cutting through the US (don't have passport etc)

Please mention any parks along the way worth visiting, or any amazing street spots we'd have to hit up. Anybody willing to provide a place to stay/food in return for meeting us and some photos/ride to closeby parks, feel free to PM me or just post in here.

I've never been out of ontario so why not make the first time an epic adventure including bikes, cameras and friends? Anyway, i will edit this post with a list of all the desired stops, as well as where we will be staying. I plan on doing a complete motor rebuild before this trip happens, seeing as my truck currently has 310k on it.

To summarize this post, suggest/discuss parks worth stopping at between Kitchener, ON and Vancouver, BC. If you are able to provide a place to stay/eat along the way, please say so.

Planned Park/Spot Visitations During Journey:
-Sudbury Skatepark, Ontario
-Winnipeg, Manitoba
-Millenium Park, Calgary
-Edmonton, Alberta (park/street)

People to Visit/Stay with:
-Winnipeg, Manitoba: wtp-rider
-Calgary, Alberta: redneckbmx
-Spruce Grove, Alberta: lettusdude/justin99

Posted: Jul 27, 2010 at 5:17 Quote
Dude, let me know when you'll be in Sudbury. Ill be down to ride!

Posted: Jul 27, 2010 at 9:43 Quote
Ottawa is kinda out of the way isnt it?

Well come shred legacy anyways!

Posted: Jul 27, 2010 at 9:44 Quote
haha ottawa is opposite direction, but i'll be up that way another time, maybe even this fall.

Posted: Jul 27, 2010 at 9:47 Quote
hahah your lucky you get to do a road trip, my brother really wants to take a trip down to TO to shred skateparks that are better than we have (ie markham).

Posted: Jul 27, 2010 at 9:50 Quote
markham is a skater only park, but people ride it anyway.

luck has nothing to do with it, i'm just going to save up over the winter and make my truck mechanically sound then give'r hell. pack extra oil, coolant, etc and some tools and hope to god we don't break down anywhere remote.

Posted: Jul 27, 2010 at 9:51 Quote
Nice, im not gonna have a car till im 19 probaly...

and yeah he skates... SHHHHH.

Posted: Jul 27, 2010 at 9:54 Quote
oh haha. i got my truck when i was 15, scrapped it, bought another one, it's "almost" there. rad support, brakes and cab floor. will be doing a motor swap this winter.

Posted: Jul 27, 2010 at 10:11 Quote
we can hit up ottawa on the way back Smile

Posted: Jul 27, 2010 at 10:16 Quote
haha if we're not pushing

Posted: Jul 27, 2010 at 10:18 Quote
if your coming my way you should come ride millenium and my home park. if you need a place to stay i could probably work something out

Posted: Jul 27, 2010 at 10:22 Quote
was thinking about detouring through calgary, sounds like a plan. i'm sure we'll be sleeping in the truck a lot haha but a couch/floor/parking spot is plenty! food/shower is good too haha

Posted: Jul 27, 2010 at 10:23 Quote
drive backwards for a couple hours or so and visit me! also hit up brampton

Posted: Jul 27, 2010 at 10:24 Quote
yeah thatll work out. i have a camper in my driveway you guys can stay in lol and yeah there is some pretty sweet street downtown calgqary as well. and also, if you are going that way, you will pass though sylvan lake which has a pretty sweet indoor park.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009163
Mobile Version of Website