New Hayes 9

• Previous Page
Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 17:12 Quote
A few of my friends have Hayes nines and they say there good but i want to no more about them

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 17:21 Quote
they suck ass my friend had a 2007 kona stuff and they broke a month after then he got some code 5's and they are off the hook i recomend them really good after you brake them in

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 17:22 Quote
They are in fact, the entry hydraulic brakes from Hayes. The desing is good but as they are starting to getting old, newer desings are more powerful with easier adjustments and better modulation for the same price.

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 17:23 Quote
they work,but there not a that good but ppl like them. personally go for avids(5's7's and codes)

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 17:25 Quote
get avid juicy 7's there a great all around brake that wont let you down.

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 17:27 Quote
yeah but those are like 150$

i got theys hayes new 79$
and i meen i am not going to do and serious riding
like racing
i like to go fast on homemade trails
i am good though

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 17:29 Quote
then get some formula k18's there awsome.

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 17:39 Quote
The '07 are supposed to be quite nice '08s even better yet. Modulatuion, stopping power and quality is supposed to be better that ever however I've heard some hit and miss stories of the new 9's some really like them and are very impressed and some...well you know how the story goes...

Personally I would give the new 9's a chance. Hayes company has taken a thrashing the last few years by alot of people for good reason, the only reason they've managed to stay a-float is major marketing in the OEM section of sales. Avid has been the one to match and Hayes simply hasent been doing it in the aftermarket, lots of bad reviews.
I was reading an article written by a representitive of Hayes marketing their '08 lineup and the new Hayes 9 brake set and I must say he really did convince me. 2 friends of mine (they're brothers) ride quite a bit the eldest has a set of '07 Hayes 9's and he loves them, great modulation and stopping power easilly compared with his younger brother's Juicy 5's.

I have a set of '04 9HD's and they've treated me well although they dont have the modulation qualities Avid or the newer model 9's...they still get the job done.

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 17:45 Quote
thanks man but that is way to much info for me
i new what you meen
but i like it sort and to the point

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 17:46 Quote
i got the hfx nines after goin down a hill real fast and easing on the brakes they overheat, but i only run one in the rear, maybe if u used the front they wudnt ovrheat but overall they can be serviced easily you can take out the pads wit no tools, the pads got tabs(well the ones i buy) but recommended great for the progressing rider

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 17:57 Quote
I have hayes hfx 9 carbons on my hardtail. They have really good modulation, but they do tend to overheat if your braking a lot going down a long trail. If your just going on homemade trails and stuff like that, then these would be great.

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 18:06 Quote
i mean i doo do down hill but it isnt wistler or highland

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 18:08 Quote
airbornmtnbiker wrote:
I have hayes hfx 9 carbons on my hardtail. They have really good modulation, but they do tend to overheat if your braking a lot going down a long trail. If your just going on homemade trails and stuff like that, then these would be great.

Every brakes will overheat if you stick your fingers on the levers for too long. Let the heat dissipate by realeasing the brakes for around 3-5 seconds during a long descent before apply thems again. I remember that my Juicy 7 were smelling smoke when I was going down half the Mont Sainte Anne to reach the starting gate of the Quebec cup. Sure I could have done it without too much applying them but the stupidest would have be to arrive at the starting gate with a punctured tire.

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 18:12 Quote
i got a hard tail weighs like 20 pounds~
and i know to use them

i never overheat my friends

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013134
Mobile Version of Website