Hardcore Hardtailers group!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Hardcore Hardtailers group!
Posted: Sep 29, 2017 at 14:10 Quote
cheers lads. had wandered if both silver would be overkill

Posted: Oct 1, 2017 at 1:07 Quote
Theocr wrote:
cheers lads. had wandered if both silver would be overkill

I have this dilemma coming soon with wheelset's and rotors..as well as cockpit.

Never say never though with silver, once you factor in black grips,bar end caps.. headset caps.. 'et al'

Posted: Nov 16, 2017 at 11:20 Quote
hello everyone,

I'm new to hardtails (well this side of the millennium anyway) I have just got a GT Pantera, changed the bars, added a dropper, put on bigger rotors and went tubeless. My question is why does the rear feel like it has a crappy suspension fork on it as it feels like it is on a pogo stick? I have 2.8 rocket Rons running at 17-22psi, I have been on a few gentle rides and 1 big tester at Aston Hill. The bike was great but I cant seem to get used to the rear bouncing, it is mainly when seated and trying to pedal hard. Is it normal and I just need to get used to it? do I need to change my riding style? am I too used to my FS? is it the tyre choice or psi? is my fork not in sync with the rear? is there a different setting for HT rather than FS? thanks.

Posted: Nov 16, 2017 at 11:55 Quote
Maybe because of the fat tires? That's just conjecture though, as I've never ridden a fat or mid fat tired bike. Maybe practice riding over a rock or log or something with the sole focus being learning how to use your legs as suspension, soaking up there hit. I can't really think of any specific tips to help, as it just came natural to me, but just keep at it. Eventually you'll be screaming through rock gardens faster than on your full susser! Wink One question, are you having this problem while seated or standing? Standing/crouching with knees bent should help you a fair bit.

Posted: Nov 16, 2017 at 12:01 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
hello everyone,

I'm new to hardtails (well this side of the millennium anyway) I have just got a GT Pantera, changed the bars, added a dropper, put on bigger rotors and went tubeless. My question is why does the rear feel like it has a crappy suspension fork on it as it feels like it is on a pogo stick? I have 2.8 rocket Rons running at 17-22psi, I have been on a few gentle rides and 1 big tester at Aston Hill. The bike was great but I cant seem to get used to the rear bouncing, it is mainly when seated and trying to pedal hard. Is it normal and I just need to get used to it? do I need to change my riding style? am I too used to my FS? is it the tyre choice or psi? is my fork not in sync with the rear? is there a different setting for HT rather than FS? thanks.

That sounds quite strange, I have a plus HT and I have not experienced that. Your tyre presure is about right, depending on your weight of course. Post a side on pic of the bike and lets see if we get any other ideas.
Or course, it could just be bad habits picked up on the FS, we have all done that! lol

Posted: Nov 16, 2017 at 12:13 Quote
Those super light plus tires are bouncy like balloons.

O+
Posted: Feb 28, 2018 at 19:37 Quote
photo

First MTB after some upgrades the last few months. Really wanted a steel hardtail to start off with for getting rowdy on. Let me know what ya think!

Posted: Mar 1, 2018 at 9:14 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
hello everyone,

Definitely just old FS habits. Riding the hardtail fast on terrain is a full on workout. No more rear shock to push the rear wheel into the ground.

Also for myself I found that running the front fork softer helped massively. Was able to keep the weight back to keep the rear tire tracking while the front fork kept the tire in the traction zone. Don't be afraid to try some weird settings. I've got a fox36 160mm that's setup with 30% sag with the compression and rebound fully set. Also full of volume reducers. My conclusion is that it gets the HA steeper allowing the bike to turn easier while my weight is further back.

O+
Posted: Mar 2, 2018 at 8:01 Quote
photo

New build. Couldn't be more stoked!

Posted: Mar 2, 2018 at 8:07 Quote
New bike joys

nice GG!!

O+
Posted: Mar 2, 2018 at 8:19 Quote
adrennan wrote:
photo

New build. Couldn't be more stoked!

Hell yeah man! Sick build!

Posted: Mar 2, 2018 at 8:21 Quote
f*ck yea man. I want one of those so damn badly.

Posted: Mar 5, 2018 at 7:06 Quote
some sweet bikes in here . I got out for some snowy fun at the weekend on mine , i think my builds pretty much finished now since adding the 2 degree slack set .im going to bike park wales and FOD in a couple of weeks and i cant wait, having young kids means i dont get to travel to ride often these days.

photo

photo

O+
Posted: Mar 8, 2018 at 10:02 Quote
The perfect bike must be out there, right? Can you help me find it?

Steel frame that looks sexy
Price for frame $1000
Fork between 120 -140mm
Reach for large between 470 - 490mm
Head angle 65 - 67 degrees
Seat angle 73-75 degrees
Chain stays 425mm
Sold in the USA

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017643
Mobile Version of Website