Hardcore Hardtailers group!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Hardcore Hardtailers group!
Posted: May 21, 2018 at 0:48 Quote
Thanks for the feedback everyone, looks like I’ve got a fair bit more research to do!

Posted: May 21, 2018 at 3:22 Quote
@Hoboinalambo: How on earth did you manage to photograph a Drop Bear without being attacked?

Posted: May 21, 2018 at 4:37 Quote
Calibre is a pretty good bike but like others have said it's worth scanning for secondhand bargains. Also if c2w is available it'll give you a bit more budget to play with and you won't have to splash out all your cash. Finance as well if you can control yourself to not borrow thousands........

Posted: May 24, 2018 at 12:51 Quote
Guys I need help,
I'm looking to get a fr ht bike again but i want something that have geometry like a drit bike and can handle 140-150 mm travel. Can anyone help me with the frame?
I have on my mind
Dirt frame (because I like the riding position and handling of the dirt bike)
140-150 mm fork(or even 130)
Single speed
Bar 760+
It will be just to get some fun on the trails biks

Posted: May 24, 2018 at 13:42 Quote
Brezmtb wrote:
Guys I need help,
I'm looking to get a fr ht bike again but i want something that have geometry like a drit bike and can handle 140-150 mm travel. Can anyone help me with the frame?
I have on my mind
Dirt frame (because I like the riding position and handling of the dirt bike)
140-150 mm fork(or even 130)
Single speed
Bar 760+
It will be just to get some fun on the trails biks

Canfield Nimble 9

Kona Honzo/Explosif

Pipedream Sirius 4G

Production Privee GT/Shan/Oka

Surly Instigator (it will run 650b upto 2.4 ..if run Maxxis ha)

Posted: May 24, 2018 at 14:00 Quote
You didn't get what i want
I'm looking something lika a dartmoor 26player or any dirt frame with more travel on the front, I don't look for enduro ht
And more likely 26" wheels

Posted: May 24, 2018 at 14:05 Quote
Brezmtb wrote:
I'm looking something lika a dartmoor 26player with more travel on the front, I don't look for enduro ht

This should have been your first post lol

Seems you already know what you want.

Post on a DJ / freeride thread

Posted: May 24, 2018 at 14:10 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
Brezmtb wrote:
I'm looking something lika a dartmoor 26player with more travel on the front, I don't look for enduro ht

This should have been your first post lol

Seems you already know what you want.

Good luck

And just another question, if it said that recommendation fork travel is 130 mm can i put 140 or even 150?

Posted: May 24, 2018 at 15:31 Quote
The word is +- 20mm in fork travel is safe, but depending on frame maker may not be covered under warranty.

Also, check out NS Surge.

Posted: Aug 18, 2018 at 22:42 Quote
A little update on my Nukeproof Salute

Custom paint job, New Rockshox Lyrik 2018 27.5 Boost with debonair 2019, Sram xx1/X01 Eagle, Bigger brake dics on front, new Sram x0 2018 hubs, Schwalbe magic mary/rock razor addix with Muc Off seal, New SLR titanium seat, a new bashguard from 77design, Black Lizard Skins macskill grips

Really a great blast to rock this baby, so happy every time i get on it

photo

photo

O+
Posted: Apr 2, 2019 at 11:19 Quote
Hi all just joint the feed here. I'm starting up my full hardtail season as the snow melt here in canada. I got one of those 2.8 tire on my hardtail, just came back from a ride and I had conscern for the strengh of my wheel set. To accommodate big tire the industry wide up the internal width of rims. I have the durock 50. My question to you hardcore hardtail rider is as the rim get wider, does it weaken it? For exemple if I drop a 5 foot gap and land on flat, wich wheel will have the less deflection? If you ride with one of those wide rim let me know if they hold good. Cheers

Posted: Apr 4, 2019 at 17:52 Quote
gagnon-girard wrote:
Hi all just joint the feed here. I'm starting up my full hardtail season as the snow melt here in canada. I got one of those 2.8 tire on my hardtail, just came back from a ride and I had conscern for the strengh of my wheel set. To accommodate big tire the industry wide up the internal width of rims. I have the durock 50. My question to you hardcore hardtail rider is as the rim get wider, does it weaken it? For exemple if I drop a 5 foot gap and land on flat, wich wheel will have the less deflection? If you ride with one of those wide rim let me know if they hold good. Cheers

There’s a thousand factors that will determine whether your wheel will hold up. The width has little to do with it. Things like tire durometer, who and how the wheel was built, and air pressure are all factors. However, the biggest factor of whether or not your bike will handle anything- is you. If you are an inexperienced rider and lack bike control, then throwing yourself off of a five foot drop could potentially ravage your bike. If you’re an experienced rider and your bike is setup properly, then it shouldn’t be an issue. Work on bike control, manuals, jumps, and whips. Those are all little things that will allow you to get used to utilizing your front suspension and learning how and where to put that rear tire on a landing.

O+
Posted: Apr 27, 2019 at 4:04 Quote
photo

I just finished building this up. Pretty pumped to try it out, but the rain isn’t on my side

Posted: Apr 27, 2019 at 9:33 Quote
Looks great! tup Just remember, you're not made of sugar, you won't melt in the rain! lol Enjoy!!!

O+
Posted: Apr 28, 2019 at 3:47 Quote
Lol hes probably not worried about melting in the rain as much as hes worried about the lynching if hes caught riding wet trails. It seems to be a huge no-no to ride in the wet here. Basically if you do it you're going straight to mtbers hell lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012172
Mobile Version of Website