Hardcore Hardtailers group!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Hardcore Hardtailers group!
Posted: Apr 28, 2019 at 3:50 Quote
Lol a bit of a mix. The rain turned to two inches of snow, and the frost is still coming out of the ground. Makes for a big mess

Posted: Apr 28, 2019 at 7:08 Quote
ryan198232 wrote:
Lol a bit of a mix. The rain turned to two inches of snow, and the frost is still coming out of the ground. Makes for a big mess

Fair enough! I'm sure that is will get better very soon.

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 4:34 Quote
Anyone got or tried a current gen P7? I'm wanting to upgrade from my 26er Shan to something a bit longer and with better tyre clearance for uk mud. I like the look of the orange, and have found a good deal on a frame but can't get a demo locally and can't find out that much on here.

Cheers

Posted: Jul 2, 2019 at 17:34 Quote
Looking for a pretty specific aggro hardtail specifically in terms of geometry. I’m after something with: Sub 420mm chainstays, 440mm or more reach, and a max seat tube length of 16” as I’m 5’6. Any recommendations?

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 14:26 Quote
Hoboinalambo wrote:
Looking for a pretty specific aggro hardtail specifically in terms of geometry. I’m after something with: Sub 420mm chainstays, 440mm or more reach, and a max seat tube length of 16” as I’m 5’6. Any recommendations?

Not a short chainstay fan, over 420 for me (425-435)

Look at Canfield, short af chainstays

Transition Trans Am (if can find one!)

Stanton Switchback

All early models ^

Not sure all meet your criteria, but a great place to start

Consider Merino also ..

Posted: Jul 4, 2019 at 8:54 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
Hoboinalambo wrote:

Not a short chainstay fan, over 420 for me (425-435)

Look at Canfield, short af chainstays

Transition Trans Am (if can find one!)

Stanton Switchback

All early models ^

Not sure all meet your criteria, but a great place to start

Consider Merino also ..
thanks, just looking for suggestions and brands so this is really helpful

Posted: Jul 4, 2019 at 9:00 Quote
Soupherb wrote:

Consider Merino also ..
Merino? Eek

Posted: Jul 4, 2019 at 9:10 Quote
Sorry, just teasing Mr Herb.
I hope I got the actual name right given that I've ordered a frame from them, although I'm going to feel cool AF riding my enduro sheep around the local trails if not Razz

Posted: Jul 4, 2019 at 9:14 Quote
Those are some aggressive looking sheep for sure! Eek

Posted: Jul 4, 2019 at 10:26 Quote
Haha!!!

Just looking at Merino socks

Posted: Jul 4, 2019 at 10:27 Quote
OneBanana wrote:
Soupherb wrote:

Consider Merino also ..
Merino? Eek

10/10 would ride ..

Posted: Jul 4, 2019 at 10:35 Quote
Must...not... make... welsh... joke...

Posted: Jul 31, 2019 at 9:55 Quote

My Chameleon, just finished building it.

Still a lot to do though! Thinking lighter wheels next, or some better brakes than the SRAM level T’s (I really dislike these brakes...). Any other upgrade/mod ideas? Looking to make this my do-everything bike

Posted: Jul 31, 2019 at 10:44 Quote
JosiahGoldsmith wrote:
If my current bike could switch between 27.5+ and 29er wheels, and I wanted a lighter wheel set I'd definitely look at 29er options. Not sure what your budget is but I steered away from carbon rims and stuck with Stans Flow ex3 and Chris King hubs.

Other than that it looks like a great bike, just get out and put some miles in on it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012145
Mobile Version of Website