Hardcore Hardtailers group!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Hardcore Hardtailers group!
Posted: Aug 7, 2019 at 15:18 Quote
Knolly dropping a new steel HT next week.

Posted: Aug 8, 2019 at 5:44 Quote
THE-GUNT wrote:
Knolly dropping a new steel HT next week.

tup

Posted: Sep 2, 2019 at 21:07 Quote
My First Stanton Switchback (gen1) and my current one (gen 3). I’ve put way more miles on these hardtails than any other bike I’ve owned.

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 1:25 Quote
So… my current ht, chromag rootdown BA, blurs the lines a little too much with the big bike and with the imminent arrival of a 29er steamer the chromag will be retired. What I’m looking for to replace it is more of an xc/trail ht, more of a ride all day bike… preferably 120mm fork, preferably not too radical with the geo 74/68 70mm stem would be fine, preferably lightish and steel and preferably single speedable…

What’s out there!?!?!

Posted: Apr 19, 2020 at 10:23 Quote
photo

2008 Scandium Frame Niner One 9

22lb. build with tubeless setup.

Single speed with attitude. Giant ass Chub rear hub, super strong wheel but light AF - it's a dirt jump hub!

Cannondale Lefty fork with a project 321 conversion steerer tube in order to fit a fork which requires a tapered head tube to the straight 1 1/8" headtube on the older frame.

Magura Marta & deore brakes, carbon bars, raceface dues cranks. Fast, light, playful, awesome handling - this bike ticks all the boxes. Can also be run with mysmaller tires, rigid Niner carbon fork, and clip pedals for the sub 20lb. variation and more of a light duty cross country rig.

Thinking of going in a different direction with this and spending the money to build a wheel around a 14 speed IGH Rohloff Speedhub to swap in on the rear wheel. It will add a lot of weight and reduce its jumping abilities but overall will increase the bikes capabilities 10x fold. Really don't want to put a derailuer, but it would be great to have gears on it and I am obsessed with the concept and looks of an internal geared hub.

Thoughts on adding gears to the drivetrain?

Posted: Apr 19, 2020 at 10:56 Quote
More pictures, then we can chat

Please..

Posted: Apr 19, 2020 at 11:27 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
More pictures, then we can chat

Please..

https://www.pinkbike.com/u/coolj43/album/Niner/

Link to my photo album on the bike. Cheers! Salute

Posted: Apr 20, 2020 at 2:17 Quote
coolj43 wrote:
photo

2008 Scandium Frame Niner One 9

22lb. build with tubeless setup.

Single speed with attitude. Giant ass Chub rear hub, super strong wheel but light AF - it's a dirt jump hub.

Thoughts on adding gears to the drivetrain?

What was that overdrive front chainring? Hammerschmit or something? Not a bad idea for singlespeed, you get a low and high without a conventional mech. No idea if they were any good, and probably not made anymore.

Posted: Apr 20, 2020 at 2:41 Quote
Hexman wrote:
my grandfather of all hardcore hardtails, zaskar 97‘
GT Zaskar 97

Awesome.

Posted: Apr 20, 2020 at 5:50 Quote
Don't forget to post on the aggressive hardtail thread, more audience to appreciate your bikes

Posted: Apr 25, 2020 at 10:17 Quote
How do I post pics. Thanks

Posted: Apr 25, 2020 at 10:24 Quote
waz2579 wrote:
How do I post pics. Thanks

Just like that!

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019959
Mobile Version of Website