Hardcore Hardtailers group!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Hardcore Hardtailers group!
Author Message
Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 0:08 Quote

I thought this thread could do with some dirt. My bFe on a local, bit gloomy, muddy ride. It's super predictable in the mud, I can drift it through slippy corners and have great fun. The long geometry helps this, as does the Shorty up front - best mud tyre I've tried.

Other than that it pedals great, jumps great, goes down steep and rough stuff great, and when it's dry it rips too. Great bike.

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 10:52 Quote

Here is my work in progress Stylus. New bars on the way and the brakes, group, and wheels are on their way out, too. Decided to cobble it together to see how it rides before going all in. I love it!

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 10:54 Quote
kylar wrote:

Here is my work in progress Stylus. New bars on the way and the brakes, group, and wheels are on their way out, too. Decided to cobble it together to see how it rides before going all in. I love it!

sick chromag, how do you like the box groupset?

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 10:54 Quote
kylar wrote:

Here is my work in progress Stylus. New bars on the way and the brakes, group, and wheels are on their way out, too. Decided to cobble it together to see how it rides before going all in. I love it!

Hi Mate! Thanks for that Pink Chris King wheel!

That looks great! I heard from a guy in a bike shop that the Fox 38 (I think that is a 38...) was like a single crown DH fork, and stiffer than say, the Zeb. Would you agree? how does it ride?

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 11:31 Quote
irvinemtb wrote:

sick chromag, how do you like the box groupset?

I don’t really, it doesn’t shift great. I also don’t need the range on 27.5 wheels so I’m going back to 11 speed Sram on all my bikes. And thanks!

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 11:34 Quote
rosemarywheel wrote:

Hi Mate! Thanks for that Pink Chris King wheel!

That looks great! I heard from a guy in a bike shop that the Fox 38 (I think that is a 38...) was like a single crown DH fork, and stiffer than say, the Zeb. Would you agree? how does it ride?

Yea! Excited to see what you do with it. And this is merely a 36, a non boost one at that. But I guess I need to ride one of these new forks to see what this stiffness thing is all about. I do see what they are getting at with the floating spring and how it will work better. A friend suggested a ZEB on this bike and I’m considering it.

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 12:39 Quote
kylar wrote:
rosemarywheel wrote:

Hi Mate! Thanks for that Pink Chris King wheel!

That looks great! I heard from a guy in a bike shop that the Fox 38 (I think that is a 38...) was like a single crown DH fork, and stiffer than say, the Zeb. Would you agree? how does it ride?

Yea! Excited to see what you do with it. And this is merely a 36, a non boost one at that. But I guess I need to ride one of these new forks to see what this stiffness thing is all about. I do see what they are getting at with the floating spring and how it will work better. A friend suggested a ZEB on this bike and I’m considering it.

I think I am going to put a wider rim on it, but I haven't got pictures yet as the Pink CK BB and headset aren't on it yet...

I want to try the Zeb and the 38, although I am liking my suspension (on hardtails at least stiffer and firmer because I like really steep techy stuff and fork dive is bad...

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 12:49 Quote
Does this: https://www.commencalusa.com/meta-ht-am-race-29-c2x30728144 seem like a good price for the specs? Does anyone have experience riding this model?

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 19:37 Quote
rosemarywheel wrote:
kylar wrote:
rosemarywheel wrote:

Hi Mate! Thanks for that Pink Chris King wheel!

That looks great! I heard from a guy in a bike shop that the Fox 38 (I think that is a 38...) was like a single crown DH fork, and stiffer than say, the Zeb. Would you agree? how does it ride?

Yea! Excited to see what you do with it. And this is merely a 36, a non boost one at that. But I guess I need to ride one of these new forks to see what this stiffness thing is all about. I do see what they are getting at with the floating spring and how it will work better. A friend suggested a ZEB on this bike and I’m considering it.

I think I am going to put a wider rim on it, but I haven't got pictures yet as the Pink CK BB and headset aren't on it yet...

I want to try the Zeb and the 38, although I am liking my suspension (on hardtails at least stiffer and firmer because I like really steep techy stuff and fork dive is bad...
I have 3 ht's one with a fox 36 boost and one with a boost Pike and one with an older non boost pike and I swear the old non boost pike is by far the best performer by far.

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 14:06 Quote
mtnryder-co wrote:
rosemarywheel wrote:
kylar wrote:


Yea! Excited to see what you do with it. And this is merely a 36, a non boost one at that. But I guess I need to ride one of these new forks to see what this stiffness thing is all about. I do see what they are getting at with the floating spring and how it will work better. A friend suggested a ZEB on this bike and I’m considering it.

I think I am going to put a wider rim on it, but I haven't got pictures yet as the Pink CK BB and headset aren't on it yet...

I want to try the Zeb and the 38, although I am liking my suspension (on hardtails at least stiffer and firmer because I like really steep techy stuff and fork dive is bad...
I have 3 ht's one with a fox 36 boost and one with a boost Pike and one with an older non boost pike and I swear the old non boost pike is by far the best performer by far.

It's not just me then! My '16 Pike RCT3 (none boost) with a $40 (approx) debonair upgrade is the best feel fork that I have.

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 15:43 Quote
wythall1 wrote:
mtnryder-co wrote:
rosemarywheel wrote:


I think I am going to put a wider rim on it, but I haven't got pictures yet as the Pink CK BB and headset aren't on it yet...

I want to try the Zeb and the 38, although I am liking my suspension (on hardtails at least stiffer and firmer because I like really steep techy stuff and fork dive is bad...
I have 3 ht's one with a fox 36 boost and one with a boost Pike and one with an older non boost pike and I swear the old non boost pike is by far the best performer by far.

It's not just me then! My '16 Pike RCT3 (none boost) with a $40 (approx) debonair upgrade is the best feel fork that I have.

How odd, add me in with an Identical fork^! , luftkappe upgrade TFtuned, it’s the only fork I truly love and has been outstanding

Posted: Jan 23, 2021 at 0:47 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
wythall1 wrote:
mtnryder-co wrote:
I have 3 ht's one with a fox 36 boost and one with a boost Pike and one with an older non boost pike and I swear the old non boost pike is by far the best performer by far.

It's not just me then! My '16 Pike RCT3 (none boost) with a $40 (approx) debonair upgrade is the best feel fork that I have.

How odd, add me in with an Identical fork^! , luftkappe upgrade TFtuned, it’s the only fork I truly love and has been outstanding

Yep, non boost pike with luftkappe has been a great fork.

Posted: Jan 23, 2021 at 3:10 Quote
“A good year “ lol

Very popular! Pikeys all!

Competition was good and quality BEFORE quantity with this particular model

Little bit of fettling and bingo

Posted: Jan 29, 2021 at 6:26 Quote

Sth from my local paradise Beer

Cheers for watching!


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007945
Mobile Version of Website