Post your Octanes

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Post your Octanes
| Next Page
Posted: Aug 20, 2018 at 13:24 Quote
BigDaddyRatt wrote:
So a few more last questions and them I'm good...promise, lol.

1-What size head set do you run on this frame?
2-Can I use a normal external euro BMX BB?
3-What size gear ratio do most of you run?
4- I was running a 51mm length stem on my BMX, I know this is completely different, so what length do you guys recommend?

Think that should do me, for now anyway. Thanks again everyone!

2 - this is dependent on what crank you use and specifically the spindle length. Bmx cranks are usually 5 1/2" i think? You will need at least 145mm if you want to run euro external bb on a bsa 68/73mm frame. If your rear hub is compatible I would get an MTB crank, more bang for your buck IMO.

Posted: Aug 20, 2018 at 13:30 Quote
This is true. Especially if you decide to run a 36/14-16 ratio. I'm just suggesting this because you said you are on a budget, and a Zee crank comes with a bb and a sprocket. When you add up what even a cheap bmx crank+euro bb+sprocket costs, there is actually a difference of hundreds of dollars potentially saved. Especially since euro externals are generally a lot more than mid bbs, and bmx sprockets are not exactly free, not do they ever come with cranks.

Also suggesting this because I ran 36/14 on my P3 years ago, and it felt like the 'magic, perfect ratio', although a bit goofy looking, and not great for BB casing clearance.

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 at 12:02 Quote
Built myself a black Friday bargain pumptrack/dual slalom octane one zircus over the last week . The only parts I didn't buy new were the single speed hope wheels (eBay) and brake discs that I already had. Total spend £780 .

Well chuffed with it , only weighs 24ib 14oz and it feels amazing on the pumptrack. Its gonna take me a while to adjust back to flat pedals though I've been on clips for 4-5 years on all my bikes. Gonna give it a go on a dual slalom track this weekend cannot wait

Spec

Octane one zircus frame
Manitou Circus expert 100mm fork
Hope pro2 Evo single speed with dtswiss spokes and Mavic en521 rims
Schwalbe tabletops
Xt crankset with 32t superstar raptor chainring and Shimano 14t sproket
Shimano Slx brakes with disco brake rotors
Nukeproof neuron 780mm bar and 50mm stem
Dmr deathgrips
Dartmoor pivotal seat post
BSD flight seat pivotal slim
Kore Rivera pedals
Brand x headset
Shimano deore BB

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 at 9:40 Quote
Bitchen! I did DS and a light DH race on mine over summer

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 15:45 Quote
My Zircus build in progress. Very few new parts, complete budget build with donated parts from friends and stuff I had lying around.

/

/

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 2:38 Quote
Finally got my Zircus build almost done, just need to find myself a slightly smaller saddle and a non-setback post. Still working out what gearing I like, it’s a bit on the low side at the moment (32/16)

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 5:27 Quote
Not posted it in here, but here is my O1 Zircus. Trying to figure out what fork I want to upgrade to and gonna try to find a better seat.
New frame for the ride
New frame for the ride

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 11:38 Quote
iptestcs wrote:
Here's mine build on Zircus 2017 frame.

Frame was bought in july 2017. And after seven months, of daily riding, it was broken.

Oh wow I cracked my frame at the same place!

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 17:18 Quote
The head tube area is quite a common place for frames to crack

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 0:07 Quote
EmilsV wrote:
Not posted it in here, but here is my O1 Zircus. Trying to figure out what fork I want to upgrade to and gonna try to find a better seat.
New frame for the ride
New frame for the ride

gotta get a marzo slope
would look amazing

Posted: Sep 27, 2019 at 6:58 Quote
EstudioMTB wrote:
iptestcs wrote:
Here's mine build on Zircus 2017 frame.

Frame was bought in july 2017. And after seven months, of daily riding, it was broken.

Oh wow I cracked my frame at the same place!

Aluminum frames - Do. Not. Last

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 16:07 Quote
Still not alot of these broken, which is good!
I'll have to keep an eye on mine, it's almost 5 years old.

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 20:52 Quote
EmilsV wrote:
New frame for the ride
New frame for the ride

Nice, if you go back a page, i have mine on a newer Circus with the black stanchions, looks perfect with the red, black and white graphic on both the fork and the frame, just a thought

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 at 3:19 Quote
Aaronz25RS wrote:
EmilsV wrote:
New frame for the ride
New frame for the ride

Nice, if you go back a page, i have mine on a newer Circus with the black stanchions, looks perfect with the red, black and white graphic on both the fork and the frame, just a thought

Man, that looks sick. But I'm thinking about custom painting it to dark blue or navy blue with orange accents. Can't decide on fork, need to think and draw the design of the frame first, after that will see what fork will suit the best.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021946
Mobile Version of Website