Have you taken stolen bike matters into your own hands?

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Have you taken stolen bike matters into your own hands?
Posted: Nov 2, 2008 at 13:23 Quote
BedgeburyBiker wrote:
This is my mates [Dobby] one;

He was seeing one of our other mates getting his head shaved for charity in town, and had locked his bike up round the corner with a couple of other shitty bikes belonging to other friends.

Admittedly with a £7 lock which was about as stupid as you can get [I lock mine up with a £70 lock] but it was under the other bikes. It was a marin wolf ridge in white.

Anyway, he came out of the hair dressers and went to get on his lovely steed, but it was gone!

The chain had been cut and only his bike stolen. There were cameras on the spot, in broad daylight, in town. He ran around looking for the f*cker but no luck. The other mates helped too. I was working though =[

Luckily he had it under insurance and managed to get £1,600 in insurance money and bought himself a specialized pitch expert.

I wanted to kill the f*cker who stole the marin though, and it wasnt even my bike, so i cant even imagine what he was thinking. He was depressed for like a month till he got a new one.

--------

Stealing someones bike is like stealing their freedom for me and my mates, we live on our bikes.

Anyone stealing a bike deserves a VERY VERY hard beating from the owner and his friends......with a pole.......maybe twice.

or maby a brick or something large and blunt

Posted: Nov 2, 2008 at 22:22 Quote
[Quote="BedgeburyBiker"]
Stealing someones bike is like stealing their freedom for me and my mates, we live on our bikes. Quote]

Same here. If someone stole one of my bikes one day I would probably get depressed or spend every day and night trying to find out who stole it. I live on my bike too.

Posted: Nov 2, 2008 at 22:28 Quote
that's why I don't buy a lock it forces me not to leave my bike when its out of the house

Posted: Nov 3, 2008 at 17:03 Quote
its pretty simple buy a good chain lock and lock it up every time your not looking at it.

not one of those cheap chain locks there are these ones at my lbs that the width of the metal was about half an inch thick

Posted: Nov 3, 2008 at 17:06 Quote
daaneel wrote:
its pretty simple buy a good chain lock and lock it up every time your not looking at it.

not one of those cheap chain locks there are these ones at my lbs that the width of the metal was about half an inch thick
I had a pretty hefty lock once, it was quite a while ago though, sometime last week. I took my moms bike to school and when I locked it up I didnt realize it was locked to my friends bike aswell. After school I was leaving(f*cking teacher thinks he has the right to keep me in late) and I see my lock snapped in half where the code is. Apparently the guy just tugged on it. Was kind of funny though.

Posted: Nov 3, 2008 at 17:10 Quote
rokor wrote:
daaneel wrote:

I had a pretty hefty lock once, it was quite a while ago though, sometime last week. I took my moms bike to school and when I locked it up I didnt realize it was locked to my friends bike aswell. After school I was leaving(f*cking teacher thinks he has the right to keep me in late) and I see my lock snapped in half where the code is. Apparently the guy just tugged on it. Was kind of funny though.

it was like this exept a bit thicker, and much more thicker lock

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/images/kryptonite%20new%20york%20forg%2006.jpg

Posted: Nov 10, 2008 at 0:06 Quote
ok this one isnt about a stolen bike. actually i got my scooter stolen.
(i used to mess around on the old scooter when i was younger)

i used to live right beside the local skate park in armstrong. so i go outside to rip on my scooter and its gone. my first thought is "oh i just misplaced it" well after looking around for a bit i came to the conclusion that it must have gotten stolen. later on that day my next door neighbor and confirmed that when he came over from the skate park and said "dude some kid is riding your scooter over at the skate park" i was like no way. so me, my older brother who is pretty strong, and our friend the next door neighbor who had been in a few skate park brawls went over the confront this turd. so we get there and i say to the guy riding my scooter "dude thats my scooter" he then replies " no i found this" i said " ya in my backyard u idiot" he then sees my older brother and neighbor ready to kick some thief butt, and takes off. so we were in hot persute of a retard thief who thought he could get away on a scooter. so we were running after him and my next door neighbor/friend caught up to him and punched him in the face. the thief droped to the earth and started moaning. my neighbor/friend then spat on him and gave me my scooter back.

true story.

Posted: Nov 10, 2008 at 5:59 Quote
norco-r1der wrote:
ok this one isnt about a stolen bike. actually i got my scooter stolen.
(i used to mess around on the old scooter when i was younger)

i used to live right beside the local skate park in armstrong. so i go outside to rip on my scooter and its gone. my first thought is "oh i just misplaced it" well after looking around for a bit i came to the conclusion that it must have gotten stolen. later on that day my next door neighbor and confirmed that when he came over from the skate park and said "dude some kid is riding your scooter over at the skate park" i was like no way. so me, my older brother who is pretty strong, and our friend the next door neighbor who had been in a few skate park brawls went over the confront this turd. so we get there and i say to the guy riding my scooter "dude thats my scooter" he then replies " no i found this" i said " ya in my backyard u idiot" he then sees my older brother and neighbor ready to kick some thief butt, and takes off. so we were in hot persute of a retard thief who thought he could get away on a scooter. so we were running after him and my next door neighbor/friend caught up to him and punched him in the face. the thief droped to the earth and started moaning. my neighbor/friend then spat on him and gave me my scooter back.

true story.
why wouldn't you just tackle the shit out of him or grab his shirt an slam em punching him is retarded

Posted: Nov 10, 2008 at 7:15 Quote
flyingkfc wrote:
why wouldn't you just tackle the shit out of him or grab his shirt an slam em punching him is retarded
Gets the point across nicely though without getting you in trouble with the cops for killing some kid.

Posted: Nov 10, 2008 at 7:30 Quote
I caught a kid trying to jack my bike. He was tossing a leg over just before I shoved him into the wall. Then he took off like a pre-teen girl. Scratched my bike but at least I still have it.

Posted: Nov 10, 2008 at 11:42 Quote
daaneel wrote:
rokor wrote:
daaneel wrote:

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/images/kryptonite%20new%20york%20forg%2006.jpg

Ahh yeah same. £70.

I love my bike too much to have it stolen by some fukin pikey or chav and sold for £200.

Posted: Nov 10, 2008 at 11:43 Quote
BedgeburyBiker wrote:
daaneel wrote:
rokor wrote:

Ahh yeah same. £70.

I love my bike too much to have it stolen by some fukin pikey or chav and sold for £200.
soo true... i was offered an orange patriot down at the lookout for 250... sed no and reported him...

Posted: Nov 10, 2008 at 12:16 Quote
I got one, a few years ago a bike(2007 Jamis Diablo 2.0) got stolen out of the shop i work at. After abouta year and a half we've heard of some people seeing the back and that its a black guy that stole it. (no offence) So one day a buddy and I were heading down to his place, he was walking and i was on my Demo 9 Razz As we were walking I looked over to these guys talking in some dude driveway one guy on a bike and another one foot, didn't think anything of then. All of a sudden I SLAM on the brake and was like "dude that was the Diablo!" he was like "You Sure?", "Ya man, keep walking Im gonna call Brian(Boss/Owner)" Call my boss and tell him that I found the Diablo, he told me to keep on eye on him and to call the person who was driving him cell if the guy was leave. So 5 minutes goes by and my heart is beating just thinkin "F*ck Ya we got this guy" but still no sign of Brian. Then i see the guy on the Diablo leave, so i rip out my cell and tell Chris(buddies mom) who is driving Brian and told them the guy was heading down so and so street. The guy notices that im following him so decides to book it, big mistake the Demo has a WAY more stable platform then the Jamis plus i kno how to sprint on a big bike. Start closing in on the guy and my Boss and Chris pull up beside me and i tell them the dude is heading through the school yard. The cut him off one street over and as im coming around the corning see my boss run out of the car that was still rolling (in Flip Flops) tackle the guy of the bike and they start wrestling, I was still maybe 50 feet away. The guy had the upper hand on my boss so i sprinted as fast as i could dumped my bike and jumped on the guys back rapped my arms around his throat and threw myself my back bring the guy down with me(Im 6 foot and 180 pounds) My boss gets to his feet and ask the guy if he had enought and told me to let him go before I choke him out. After some F you F thats, we got our bike back the guy told us he didn't steal it and he bought it off some guy (which turned out to be true) Later that Day the same guy we tackled came into the Shop and Bought the bike for 1500 Cash. To this day i still see the Diablo riding around town and it make me laugh.

Posted: Nov 10, 2008 at 16:41 Quote
grindsphinx wrote:
I got one, a few years ago a bike(2007 Jamis Diablo 2.0) got stolen out of the shop i work at. After abouta year and a half we've heard of some people seeing the back and that its a black guy that stole it. (no offence) So one day a buddy and I were heading down to his place, he was walking and i was on my Demo 9 Razz As we were walking I looked over to these guys talking in some dude driveway one guy on a bike and another one foot, didn't think anything of then. All of a sudden I SLAM on the brake and was like "dude that was the Diablo!" he was like "You Sure?", "Ya man, keep walking Im gonna call Brian(Boss/Owner)" Call my boss and tell him that I found the Diablo, he told me to keep on eye on him and to call the person who was driving him cell if the guy was leave. So 5 minutes goes by and my heart is beating just thinkin "F*ck Ya we got this guy" but still no sign of Brian. Then i see the guy on the Diablo leave, so i rip out my cell and tell Chris(buddies mom) who is driving Brian and told them the guy was heading down so and so street. The guy notices that im following him so decides to book it, big mistake the Demo has a WAY more stable platform then the Jamis plus i kno how to sprint on a big bike. Start closing in on the guy and my Boss and Chris pull up beside me and i tell them the dude is heading through the school yard. The cut him off one street over and as im coming around the corning see my boss run out of the car that was still rolling (in Flip Flops) tackle the guy of the bike and they start wrestling, I was still maybe 50 feet away. The guy had the upper hand on my boss so i sprinted as fast as i could dumped my bike and jumped on the guys back rapped my arms around his throat and threw myself my back bring the guy down with me(Im 6 foot and 180 pounds) My boss gets to his feet and ask the guy if he had enought and told me to let him go before I choke him out. After some F you F thats, we got our bike back the guy told us he didn't steal it and he bought it off some guy (which turned out to be true) Later that Day the same guy we tackled came into the Shop and Bought the bike for 1500 Cash. To this day i still see the Diablo riding around town and it make me laugh.

wow, lol. thats a good story!!! so that guy had to pay 1500+watever he payed before?@?!?!?!? bummer, eh?

Posted: Nov 11, 2008 at 10:02 Quote
grindsphinx wrote:
Later that Day the same guy we tackled came into the Shop and Bought the bike for 1500 Cash. To this day i still see the Diablo riding around town and it make me laugh.
Haha, must have really liked the ride.....

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013838
Mobile Version of Website