What is your favorite kind of beer

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
What is your favorite kind of beer
Posted: Sep 30, 2012 at 8:29 Quote
It's that time for octoberfests and pumpkin beers.

A couple crazy good local pumpkins are what I'm jamming to at this point.

Posted: Oct 1, 2012 at 19:19 Quote
Big fan of Lagunitas 'Little Sumpin Wild' recently. Stone Brewing just released a collaboration beer called Mint Chocolate Imperial Stout which im excited to try. Not so much cuz of the stout, but because their choco oatmeal stout was so good

Posted: Oct 1, 2012 at 19:42 Quote
I've heard good and bad things about the mint stout, but it's hard to get their smaller brews out on the east coast.

Lagunitas Maximus is definitely in my top 3 favorite IPA's. Definitely my favorite 6 pack under $10.

O+
Posted: Oct 2, 2012 at 0:17 Quote
gibson19 wrote:
It's that time for octoberfests and pumpkin beers.

A couple crazy good local pumpkins are what I'm jamming to at this point.

Granville island pumpkin ale. Amazing beer. Not sure if you guys get it in the US, it's a local beer in vancouver.

Posted: Oct 2, 2012 at 9:37 Quote
gibson19 wrote:
I've heard good and bad things about the mint stout, but it's hard to get their smaller brews out on the east coast.

Lagunitas Maximus is definitely in my top 3 favorite IPA's. Definitely my favorite 6 pack under $10.

yeah for under $10 it's hard to beat any Lagunitas beers.

I have some lil' something wild in the fridge right now along with some ipa, maximus and a couple others. My brother is a salesman for coors and they distribute lagunitas. I try to support his stores. LOL!

Have you tried Hoptimum? That's actually pretty damned good as well for a larger company.

Posted: Oct 2, 2012 at 12:18 Quote
Yup. I've tried almost every hoppy beer you can get around my parts.

Hoptium, Modus Hoperandi, Hoppsecutioner

They also sell it in the Arena so I used to get it all the time at hockey games. $8 for a 24oz which is actually a decent price considering it's an arena beer.

Posted: Oct 2, 2012 at 12:25 Quote
Nice!

Our stadiums do a lot of Gordon Bierch out here.

Posted: Oct 4, 2012 at 6:16 Quote
I feel lucky because in 20 min walk maximum I can get like 4 different awesome brewpubs and maybe 2-3 speciality stores selling everything availible in my region (quebec and some other canadian breweries).But we rarely have acces to any american east coast breweries like Allagash or Smuttynose, only on the occasional octoberfest or beer convention.
Is it the same down the border? I mean can you easily get products from Quebec/Canada microbreweries?

for my top brews:

1.Dieu Du Ciel Vallee des Songes (Cask IPA)(seriously this thing is the tits)
2.Smuttynose Old Dog Brown Ale
3. Dominus Vobiscum Triple (belgian triple, made in quebec)
4.Les Trois Mousquetaires Doppelbock
5.Le Naufrageur Swordfish (imperial stout if I remember)

Posted: Oct 4, 2012 at 7:08 Quote
MaxAlary wrote:
I feel lucky because in 20 min walk maximum I can get like 4 different awesome brewpubs and maybe 2-3 speciality stores selling everything availible in my region (quebec and some other canadian breweries).But we rarely have acces to any american east coast breweries like Allagash or Smuttynose, only on the occasional octoberfest or beer convention.
Is it the same down the border? I mean can you easily get products from Quebec/Canada microbreweries?

for my top brews:

1.Dieu Du Ciel Vallee des Songes (Cask IPA)(seriously this thing is the tits)
2.Smuttynose Old Dog Brown Ale
3. Dominus Vobiscum Triple (belgian triple, made in quebec)
4.Les Trois Mousquetaires Doppelbock
5.Le Naufrageur Swordfish (imperial stout if I remember)

I can definitely get a few Quebec brews, but never on tap. Just at the specialty beer stores and they are typically really expensive.

Forgot about Smuttynose. Never had a bad beer from them.

O+
Posted: Oct 4, 2012 at 11:07 Quote
If you guys are beer snobs, next tme you go to a specialty store ask them for brooklyn black chocolate stout. It is my favourite but also very expensive. Runs about $5 per bottle.

Posted: Oct 4, 2012 at 12:15 Quote
I don't want to say snob. I still drink cheap beer and love to get other people into craft beer.

But I've had the Brooklyn black chocolate stout. Amazing and only 2.50 at the store. Was hoping to pick up there pumpkin beer for some pre hockey game beer, but they didn't have any cold six packs at the store

Posted: Oct 4, 2012 at 12:36 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
If you guys are beer snobs, next tme you go to a specialty store ask them for brooklyn black chocolate stout. It is my favourite but also very expensive. Runs about $5 per bottle.

I've had that before. It's hard to track down any of their beers but they have a pretty solid line up. I'm just not a huge stout guy. There's a few I really like... like guiness, murphy's and what not. But for the most part all the chocolate and coffee stouts I'm just not in to unless it's snowing.

I do love Boddingtons though. Has to be in my top 5 beers.

O+
Posted: Oct 4, 2012 at 17:53 Quote
gibson19 wrote:
I don't want to say snob. I still drink cheap beer and love to get other people into craft beer.

But I've had the Brooklyn black chocolate stout. Amazing and only 2.50 at the store. Was hoping to pick up there pumpkin beer for some pre hockey game beer, but they didn't have any cold six packs at the store

Being october, lots of brewers will be releasing their pumpkin ales. Not sure if you can get your hands on it but granville island pumpkin ale is in my opinion the best one. It's a local Vancouver beer.

Posted: Oct 5, 2012 at 7:44 Quote
I'll keep my eyes open for it.

Posted: Oct 9, 2012 at 14:53 Quote
If you like chocolate stouts, you should try Young's Double Chocolate stout. It has a good balance between chocolate sweetness/bitterness and is smooth as silk. Great beer.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010639
Mobile Version of Website