Dawn Till Dusk (OVER 9000 PAGES!!!)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Dawn Till Dusk (OVER 9000 PAGES!!!)
Posted: Feb 12, 2020 at 11:54 Quote
Sorry to hear that ginge. It’s a fear I live with due to my own brother suffering from some issues. Can not imagine what you’re going through.

Posted: Feb 12, 2020 at 12:03 Quote
Didn’t seem prudent to put it on the same post, but minor bike update;

Work have changed incentive providers and this one doesn’t have cycle2work set up, so as my application was going through, they cancelled it...

Then my partners place accepted her (me) GREAT...ah no wait they’ve come back and put a £500 limit in place.

In process of saving up now. Going to buy a front sus for light trails in next couple weeks until can save up for full sus (probably mythique vrs)

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 1:05 Quote
luke2012 wrote:
Didn’t seem prudent to put it on the same post, but minor bike update;

Work have changed incentive providers and this one doesn’t have cycle2work set up, so as my application was going through, they cancelled it...

Then my partners place accepted her (me) GREAT...ah no wait they’ve come back and put a £500 limit in place.

In process of saving up now. Going to buy a front sus for light trails in next couple weeks until can save up for full sus (probably mythique vrs)

That's a pain in the dick

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 10:07 Quote
It is indeed,

I’ve put in for one of these:

photo

On her scheme. They know it’s for me, they do a buy back in house finance
Sort of scheme so it’s not on cycle2work apparently, hence the lower limit. Just to get my fitness levels
Back up and some light trails riding until I’ve saved up for a full sus.

Nice enough bike, probably some minor upgrades along the way (crankset, bars, tubeless probably)

At this point, anything to get me into biking properly. The bike I’ve got use of at the moment is ready for the scrap.

Mod
Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 22:54 Quote
ginged26dj wrote:
Wow thread ain't as strong as it used to be but good to so many names still ride a d will do till I cant having the shittiest time ever though recently lost my little brother to suicide

Oh shit dude, so sorry to hear that. Much love to you and yours.

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 at 8:26 Quote
almostwise wrote:
ginged26dj wrote:
Wow thread ain't as strong as it used to be but good to so many names still ride a d will do till I cant having the shittiest time ever though recently lost my little brother to suicide

Oh shit dude, so sorry to hear that. Much love to you and yours.

Cheers dude it's hard but we'll get through we can lay him ti rest on thursday

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 11:35 Quote
I’m also alive!

Currently a Rolling stock engineer, so work keep me busy (and I have gotten maybe a bit too into trains)

I haven’t ridden in a couple of years due to the bike breaking and a lack of desire to fix it.

I am however into climbing in a big way, outside most weekends and playing in the snow and ice when it’s around. I am also seeing a lot of old faces popping up at the climbing center as the BMX scene seems to be dying a lot of people seem to be finding climbing?

Cool to see the thread making a mini resurgence

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 11:46 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
I’m also alive!

Currently a Rolling stock engineer, so work keep me busy (and I have gotten maybe a bit too into trains)

I haven’t ridden in a couple of years due to the bike breaking and a lack of desire to fix it.

I am however into climbing in a big way, outside most weekends and playing in the snow and ice when it’s around. I am also seeing a lot of old faces popping up at the climbing center as the BMX scene seems to be dying a lot of people seem to be finding climbing?

A few of my friends have gotten into climbing. A couple of them are actually really good. I think the two sports are very compatible - similar traits would make you enjoy both. Both are cool if you enjoy progression particularly.

Trains are very uncool though, not sure how you've gotten into that.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 12:19 Quote
Climbing is legit and has more girls in it than biking.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 14:11 Quote
brodoyouevenbike wrote:
Climbing is legit and has more girls in it than biking.

Facts

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 2:14 Quote
tom666 wrote:
James-Carey wrote:
I’m also alive!

A few of my friends have gotten into climbing. A couple of them are actually really good. I think the two sports are very compatible - similar traits would make you enjoy both. Both are cool if you enjoy progression particularly.

I’m yet to combine trains with my free time... however I am probably too enthusiastic about work?

I think it’s easier to progress with climbing than biking? Maybe I’m just better at it? There are just more aspects you can work on to be better, whereas biking is basically fitness and bravery?

I can concur that there are a lot more girls who climb!

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 10:06 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
tom666 wrote:
James-Carey wrote:
I’m also alive!

I’m yet to combine trains with my free time... however I am probably too enthusiastic about work?

I think it’s easier to progress with climbing than biking? Maybe I’m just better at it? There are just more aspects you can work on to be better, whereas biking is basically fitness and bravery?

I can concur that there are a lot more girls who climb!

MTB you can improve fitness and power output for sure. It's mostly XC riders that really track and measure that stuff though. Most people just ride at their own pace and get fitter by riding.

For me the biggest progression is hitting new features and riding new trails - can be a big sense of achievement hitting a new jump or riding a black trail you've not done before. You can also improve your skills at jumping, cornering, handling tech etc. It's just much harder to measure progress in those fields. Rock climbing is much more measurable because everything is graded and more variables are consistent.

The lack of women in mtb isn't ideal for sure. I don't know how much it will ever improve though - girls I have shown mountain bike videos to in the past aren't even remotely interested.

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 12:07 Quote
Managed to get my ex interested enough to buy a £2000 commencal but then she left lol

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 12:01 Quote
brodoyouevenbike wrote:
Managed to get my ex interested enough to buy a £2000 commencal but then she left lol

Bad luck dude. But there are plenty more fish in the sea.

Posted: Feb 20, 2020 at 2:48 Quote
brodoyouevenbike wrote:

Facepalm

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.075880
Mobile Version of Website