Dawn Till Dusk (OVER 9000 PAGES!!!)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Dawn Till Dusk (OVER 9000 PAGES!!!)
Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 15:20 Quote
I’d honestly get one, I’d love to ride a bit of park/DJ again, but I honestly feel too old to buy a bmx lol but the range of parts available seems to be close to zero. Couldn’t even find a decent wheel set.

If I could find a decent setup for one, I’d buy this one I was going to bid on, cancel the giant and put part of a build together. Better than a basic hard tail for getting me back into biking I guess.

Trail/enduro bike is still the end goal, but I could build one of these octanes up for this summer as opposed to waiting to next for a trail/enduro.

Posted: Feb 29, 2020 at 3:16 Quote
Random decision to buy a dirt jump bike update:

Frame is now bidding at same price CRC had it
On clearance for, so I’ve made that my Mac bid...

Do I take a chance on a company in Singapore being legit? lol Or even a chance on it getting to me given Coronvirus delays...

http://www.united-bikeparts.com/products/Octane-One-Zircus-26%22-frame%2C-black-.html

Edit:

I now own brand new octane one Zircus frame.

Posted: Feb 29, 2020 at 7:20 Quote
brodoyouevenbike wrote:
What a rollercoaster

Indeed lol

I have a DJ bike but just don't ride the thing any more - if I have an opportunity to ride it's always going to be on my trail/enduro bike.

That said DJ bikes are awesome and I probably should get out on mine more - particularly as I have a half decent pumptrack locally now.

Posted: Feb 29, 2020 at 8:47 Quote
Yeah apologies for that short ride.

Figured I could build one of these up relatively cheap, dirt jumps and skateparks are way more accessible to me at the moment as opposed to trails (my city has 7 skateparks 2 dirt jump trails, 1 indoor park and there’s a couple more within an hours drive)

Definitely still want to get into enduro/trails, and will next year, but couldn’t miss an opportunity to enjoy what I used to love again for a year until I can get a decent enduro/trails bike...

Frame comes Friday. Ended up paying same for it as CRC we’re selling it for on clearance, but it’s brand new, only taken out of box.

Eyeing up a pair of manitou circus expert forks that have been fitted to a bike and then taken off and never used, they’re on for sub £170 atm...

Edit: also this time next year
I’ll be back living in the sticks, so that’ll suit it far better.

Also if I seem overly excited
By getting a relatively cheap setup, it’s because that’s a fairly
Big investment for me at minute considering some other stuff I have going on.

Posted: Feb 29, 2020 at 10:14 Quote
At the moment I'm just over excited with my trailbike so I'm just riding that, but to f*ck around I'll grab my bmx

Posted: Mar 1, 2020 at 2:38 Quote
Given the 60cm of snow outside, I have to settle for cross country skis and haven't seen dry dirt since July.

Posted: Mar 1, 2020 at 3:01 Quote
brodoyouevenbike wrote:
Given the 60cm of snow outside, I have to settle for cross country skis and haven't seen dry dirt since July.

Cheeky flight or ferry over here bro you could get some riding in tup

Posted: Mar 1, 2020 at 3:02 Quote
Any recommendations on the topic of forks,

From what I can gather, what I would have chosen as a probable go-to option (RS Argyle) is now deceased.

Seen a few recommendations for Manitou Circus Experts,

Any other recommendations within that price band?

Max £350 preferably. (Preferably cheaper in fact) For DJ/Park.

100mm max, will probably be lowered to 80mm depending on geo.

Also, I’m a bit rusty, wheel set I’m looking at has a 10t driver, do I want to be looking at a 28T sprocket?

Bmx wise I ran 9-25t, 10t was for 28t, not sure how the increased wheel size factors in.

Posted: Mar 1, 2020 at 3:04 Quote
Aside from the 70mph wind and flooding, uk Is sound tup

Posted: Mar 1, 2020 at 3:57 Quote
tom666 wrote:
brodoyouevenbike wrote:

Seriously considering setting up a winter business to take locals from here riding over in my hometown in Portugal. Riding is nice, but getting paid to ride is in a class of its own.

Weather has been awful anywhere North of the Pyrenees

Posted: Mar 1, 2020 at 5:01 Quote
brodoyouevenbike wrote:
tom666 wrote:
brodoyouevenbike wrote:

Seriously considering setting up a winter business to take locals from here riding over in my hometown in Portugal. Riding is nice, but getting paid to ride is in a class of its own.

It's blue skies here this morning, but we have had some poorer weather as well.

I reckon there's a business in taking Scandinavians riding in South Wales. If you haven't ridden at all in a few months to come over here and ride a few days of uplift would be super sick.

It would be cheap for Scandinavians too because your currency is strong and South Wales is very cheap.

Posted: Mar 1, 2020 at 6:10 Quote
brodoyouevenbike wrote:
tom666 wrote:
brodoyouevenbike wrote:

My brother does that in the summer in norway. (Any excuse to ride on Facebook/ Instagram) he's trying to find a winter location at the moment Haha, in Croatia atm

Posted: Mar 1, 2020 at 10:52 Quote
He's your brother? We went to Trolltunga together last summer tup

Gonna look into South Wales, Portugal is faaaaar

Posted: Mar 1, 2020 at 11:28 Quote
brodoyouevenbike wrote:
He's your brother? We went to Trolltunga together last summer tup

Gonna look into South Wales, Portugal is faaaaar

That's dope. I love Norway.

A few years ago I sat on the top of Preikestolen (Pulpit Rock) which is a very similar vibe https://www.instagram.com/p/4OdMtcD90l/

Hit up my inbox if you want any help organising something in South Wales bro, I can definitely help out Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.044822
Mobile Version of Website