Ss and chain guide ?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Ss and chain guide ?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 17, 2010 at 4:59 Quote
anybody running single speed with a chainguide on the bb mount and slamming in a horizontal dropout ? using a ns sub 26''
type of chainguide is :
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=35818 my idea is to use the chainguide to tighten the chain and to slam the wheels , playing some street tricks and park technics too . my hub is a hope pro2 trials .

Posted: Aug 17, 2010 at 9:00 Quote
does the ns sub even have chainguide mounts? The only main stream dirt jumper that has chainguide mounts is the trek ticket. You just need a short chain.

Posted: Aug 17, 2010 at 9:03 Quote
no the sub hasn't got them. i just use a half link chain job jobbed Beer

Posted: Aug 18, 2010 at 0:29 Quote
its for bb mount . idea from friend is to take out the threaded bb , place it there and lock it with the threaded bb
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/LargeImage.aspx?ModelID=17282
3 types . ISCG , euro BB mount , bmx bb mount

Posted: Aug 18, 2010 at 5:17 Quote
i noticed sam pilgrim's bike had a chainguide with ss at whitestyle and wondered why the chainguide was even needed since the bike has vertical dropouts but they can be moved forwards/backwards for ss

Posted: Aug 18, 2010 at 7:01 Quote
Cypruss wrote:
does the ns sub even have chainguide mounts? The only main stream dirt jumper that has chainguide mounts is the trek ticket. You just need a short chain.

The Suburban should have horizontal drops...you just need to get your chain to the correct length...no guide is really needed.

Also, most dual slalom/4x frames have ISCG tabs of some variety or another...Yeti DJ, Trek Ticket, Transition Bank, SC Jackal...etc...but those are primarily designed for a geared setup for gate racing (which also work well for strict DJ/Trails).

I just run singlespeed for my HT...nice and clean.

Cheers,
philip @ e*thirteen/theHive

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.023676
Mobile Version of Website