Shop damage - WWYD?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Shop damage - WWYD?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 18, 2010 at 22:25 Quote
What would jesus do?

Posted: Aug 18, 2010 at 22:29 Quote
those cups are fine... howitzers only last about a year anyway...

but yeah, mine look like that.
It comes from using the open wrench style of BB tool instead of the socket... and you HAVE to use the open style on the howitzer

Posted: Aug 18, 2010 at 22:41 Quote
one of my friends just bought a blk mrkt killswitch. He got the shop to swap his parts over and the shop put one decently deep scratch and another light scratch on the top tube and stripped his axle bolt. and they tried hiding the stripped axle bolt by using a shit load of lock tight on it.

O+
Posted: Aug 18, 2010 at 23:19 Quote
infiltrator is totally right, they dont last long anyways.
a real bike shop would man up and tell you if they f*cked up your stuff; bitch to them and see what you can get, maybe they'll replace it at cost down the road when yours goes.

O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2010 at 9:04 Quote
Damage to a bike by a shop isn't great. I would go back and at least inform them of what they did and see if they offer to fix it. If they seem like they don't care what they did, go to TOWN on them.

I was in a shop (not local) and they screwed up my bike, since i couldn't ride anyways and they wouldn't fix it for free i told them I'd sit outside and inform there customers of what they did. Oddly enough i got it fixed in an hr and they lost roughly 200 bucks. Its life.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007471
Mobile Version of Website