Being scammed over Paypal (Read 1st post)

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Being scammed over Paypal (Read 1st post)
| Next Page
O+
Posted: Aug 29, 2022 at 4:11 Quote
bc-bike wrote:
JohnD62 wrote:
I'm having an issue with a seller on PB buy/sell. .
any update to your issue?

Contacting the Better Business Bureau (BBB) got PayPal to reopen the case. After reviewing it and contacting the seller, PP refunded my money.

The seller sent me a message saying he didn't know why PP didn't refund the money to begin with. I still don't think the seller understands what happened or how PP works.

I wasn't sure the BBB could help but in this case it worked out.

Posted: Nov 23, 2022 at 8:30 Quote
I just had recent transaction on Pink Bike and used Pay Pal and I opened a claim on this guy that sold a 2022 S works Levo . Just 17 days ago . The UPS tracking was an item he already sent the day before for only 25 lbs. and sent to some address in my City .Somehow the claim was listed as resolved and Pay pal said the only resolution was to go to the credit card company . So be aware Pay Pal assured me that I was covered but I was not .

If any body had an experience with this 2022 Levo s works November 6 th By Lacofdfiremen who allowed the ad to run for days after my sale . Also had other contact him still said it was available . Trying to provide my credit card company others with experience with this scam .

Posted: Nov 23, 2022 at 12:27 Quote
Got scammed on a bike purchase using paypal in October. Chase CC refunded my money while I waited for PP to investigate. NOW I just got notification that a credit card was opened in my name through Bank of America. So beware that the Pinkbike scam is just the beginning of identify theft.

Posted: Nov 29, 2022 at 5:30 Quote
JohnD62 wrote:
bc-bike wrote:
JohnD62 wrote:
I'm having an issue with a seller on PB buy/sell. .
any update to your issue?

Contacting the Better Business Bureau (BBB) got PayPal to reopen the case. After reviewing it and contacting the seller, PP refunded my money.

The seller sent me a message saying he didn't know why PP didn't refund the money to begin with. I still don't think the seller understands what happened or how PP works.

I wasn't sure the BBB could help but in this case it worked out.

Good to know I’ll get hold of BBB and have pay pal open the case since they said I closed it and I didn’t

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011235
Mobile Version of Website