Ti coil for DHX RC4

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Ti coil for DHX RC4
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 2, 2011 at 5:10 Quote
xetal wrote:
limitedpelle wrote:
Been using both a Nukeproof Ti spring and a Diverse Ti spring on my RC4. What I´ve found out is that the nukeproof spring rubs on the blue bottom-out adjuster knob, but just by a tiny little bit. The Diverse spring doesnt rub, I put a little patch of bike-cover on the adjuster knob just in case but havent seen any sign of rubbing on it.

Thanks a lot man. What is the Spring weight your using by curiosity ?

I been using 450lbs on both springs, 3" stroke.

O+
Posted: Feb 2, 2011 at 9:12 Quote
limitedpelle wrote:
xetal wrote:
limitedpelle wrote:
Been using both a Nukeproof Ti spring and a Diverse Ti spring on my RC4. What I´ve found out is that the nukeproof spring rubs on the blue bottom-out adjuster knob, but just by a tiny little bit. The Diverse spring doesnt rub, I put a little patch of bike-cover on the adjuster knob just in case but havent seen any sign of rubbing on it.

Thanks a lot man. What is the Spring weight your using by curiosity ?

I been using 450lbs on both springs, 3" stroke.

Thanks a lot man. I also have a Diverse 450 and 500lbs. I will try them this summer and post back my results here.

Posted: Feb 2, 2011 at 9:20 Quote
Zero rubbing on my RC4s or DHX with Diverse springs.

RC4 #1 = Diverse 350x2.5
RC4 #2 = Diverse 500x2.75
DHX = Diverse 450x2.5

O+
Posted: Feb 2, 2011 at 9:26 Quote
pipes10 wrote:
Zero rubbing on my RC4s or DHX with Diverse springs.

RC4 #1 = Diverse 350x2.5
RC4 #2 = Diverse 500x2.75
DHX = Diverse 450x2.5

Do you use any kind of adaptor to remove the extra free play at both ends of the coil on your shocks ?

Posted: Feb 2, 2011 at 9:27 Quote
No adaptors, 2 full turns on the preload collar on each.

FL
Posted: Feb 2, 2011 at 11:33 Quote
Progressive susp ti springs work and are very light if you can get your hands on one. I currently run a 250 on my legend though after winter training a 275 or a 300 might be more suitable Razz

O+
Posted: Feb 16, 2011 at 7:33 Quote
xetal wrote:
custersroel wrote:
Hmm, did some more searching and found this:

DSP spring inner diameter = 1.43 inch
RCS spring (Fox DHX specific ones) inner diameter = 1.38 inch
RCS spring (standard ones) inner diameter = 1.43 inch

Seems like people reporting play with the RCS springs have the standard ones instead of the DHX specific ones. Perhaps the reported rubbing is also only present with the standard RCS?
In such case might be interesting to go for RCS (DHX specific) after all, if that really secures a tight fit...

I asked both brands for the outer diameter of the 2.75 x 400 springs, let's see who wins Smile

Did you finally purchase a Ti coil, I am interested in your results. I myself have two DSP titanium coils for my RC4 i didnt ride the bike yet but sure can tell you the Coil is very close to the reservoir.

As for the play you can easily fix that with a spacer or o-ring Big Grin

Let me know
yes, I bought the rcs spring, specific for dhx. It fits really nice, very limited play. Absolutely no rubbing at all and still quite some room left in that area.

Posted: Dec 27, 2011 at 20:57 Quote
One more opion: Spring Time Kronos ti spring.
ID of ti spring is 1.43", for vivid is 1.50"

Spring Time website: www.springtime.vg
photo

Posted: Mar 18, 2015 at 18:43 Quote
I have a 2013 kashima coat dhx rc4, I want some input on what kind of ti coil will fit and perfom the best, thanks for the feedback!

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009478
Mobile Version of Website