SEA OTTER DH 2008

PB Forum :: Downhill
SEA OTTER DH 2008
Posted: Mar 4, 2008 at 7:37 Quote
ErenG wrote:
you guys need to be watching out for two amazing jr x riders from the PNW.

harry phelps
and
Evan gilsdorf

both are racing age 17, so they still have next year after this, and are placing top semi-pro times/mid range pro times. both are 16/17.

these guys will probly make it to worlds next season when theyve matured a little more.

they wont beat derek though
so yeah

Posted: Mar 4, 2008 at 7:57 Quote
ErenG wrote:

harry phelps
and
Evan gilsdorf

both are racing age 17, so they still have next year after this, and are placing top semi-pro times/mid range pro times. both are 16/17.

these guys will probly make it to worlds next season when theyve matured a little more.

They ride at Hood all the time. They're good, but Harry isn't as fast or smooth as Evan. They are quick, but last year they had their asses handed to them by Charlie. But this year Charlie is Semi Pro.

O+
Posted: Mar 4, 2008 at 9:46 Quote
i wana go, just to ride the course if nothing else, but i wana race the dual slalom for sure it looks tight

Posted: Mar 4, 2008 at 13:57 Quote
nlitworld wrote:
ErenG wrote:

harry phelps
and
Evan gilsdorf

They ride at Hood all the time. They're good, but Harry isn't as fast or smooth as Evan. They are quick, but last year they had their asses handed to them by Charlie. But this year Charlie is Semi Pro.

yea, harry's only been riding as long as me, 2 years. evan has been riding as long as his bro tyler has so 5 plus years. they progress at such an amazing pace and amount each season. im sure they will turn pro out of jr x in two years

Posted: Mar 4, 2008 at 18:31 Quote
All you guys should be looking out for Ben and Nate Furbee. Ben went pro this year and nate is in Jr. X and he's 14.

Posted: Mar 5, 2008 at 10:22 Quote
skatejunkie wrote:
All you guys should be looking out for Ben and Nate Furbee. Ben went pro this year and nate is in Jr. X and he's 14.

Ben was dominating jr x for sure

Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 18:04 Quote
bikerdudezxc13 wrote:
is sea otter hard?

Probably the toughest DH course on the west coast...

Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 18:16 Quote
nlitworld wrote:
bikerdudezxc13 wrote:
is sea otter hard?

Probably the toughest DH course on the west coast...

are there some beginner dh courses in california that u know of?

O+
Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 18:21 Quote
umm I don't know what he's talking about, sea otter is not hard at all I did better there than at cccx races, which would be a very good beginner down hill. I think the next series of cccx is in the fall so go to the website.

Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 18:31 Quote
well, i dont know how to bunnyhop.... is that a problem to go there

Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 18:38 Quote
g10ry wrote:
jf951 wrote:
honestly, its pretty lame. its all groomed out. the first part is tables and doubles, then like ^^^ said theres a 4 fot loong "rock guarden" then about a 6ft step down....and a hip....and its all pedaling after that...
oh dont forget the lines. about 500000000 ppl show up and they run 2 shuttles so it takes about 2 and a half hours between runs. the only reason i go is cuz you can get maaad dealz and hook ups on shit tup

if you drive down can you get someone to shuttle for you or do you have to take there 2 given shuttles?

even if you do shuttle the line is still like 45 min

Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 18:39 Quote
how big are the doubles

O+
Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 18:41 Quote
well if you cant bunny hop you have a problem...some of the doubles are 15-30 feet but they always make a easier way around them.

Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 19:23 Quote
ok, thanks... how many drops are there, im ok with drops

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.032383
Mobile Version of Website