Biking in the off season

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Biking in the off season
Posted: Mar 3, 2008 at 21:07 Quote
I go ride South (indoor park) whenever I can

Posted: Mar 3, 2008 at 21:14 Quote
Now that the weather is getting better, we can talk about who bikes in the ON- Season!!?? Which im sure all you do Big Grin

Posted: Mar 3, 2008 at 23:58 Quote
What's off-season? Whip

Posted: Mar 4, 2008 at 7:34 Quote
Fatass-of-oz wrote:
What's off-season? Whip
Good one tup

Posted: Mar 4, 2008 at 7:43 Quote
shgnarly wrote:
Fatass-of-oz wrote:
What's off-season? Whip
Good one tup

so many people have said that Rolleyes

Posted: Mar 4, 2008 at 7:44 Quote
xtremerider33 wrote:
shgnarly wrote:
Fatass-of-oz wrote:
What's off-season? Whip
Good one tup

Well it was the first one I saw!

Posted: Mar 4, 2008 at 7:47 Quote
shgnarly wrote:
xtremerider33 wrote:
shgnarly wrote:

Good one tup

Well it was the first one I saw!

woot Salute

Posted: Mar 4, 2008 at 22:13 Quote
There's probably only like 40 poeple on here that live in countries without an off-season

Posted: Mar 5, 2008 at 9:15 Quote
This winter I discoved that the green trails and small terrain park on the ski hill are packed enough to ride on. I can get about 1 1/2 hours of riding after patrol does their final sweep and before dark. The snow's too deep to ride anywhere else.

Posted: Mar 5, 2008 at 15:21 Quote
lelandjt wrote:
This winter I discoved that the green trails and small terrain park on the ski hill are packed enough to ride on. I can get about 1 1/2 hours of riding after patrol does their final sweep and before dark. The snow's too deep to ride anywhere else.

wow Eek i would have never thought of that but it still would be the sketchiest thing in the world to ride on packed snow (aka. ice) and i also just realized....i always bike in the "Off season" Cool

Posted: Mar 5, 2008 at 18:18 Quote
Dh tires dig in pretty well. It's really not slippery. The key is to get on the jumps before the groomer comes and softens them up. I got out too late today and my tires were sinking in an inch, no control.

Posted: Mar 6, 2008 at 13:23 Quote
It's pretty easy to say "What off-season" when you are from Eaurope, but in Canada and the Northern States the temperature + the 5feet off snow kinda slows ya down.

Traveling or finding Hike-a-bikes is the key. We have over 4 hike trails in Calgary, AB we rip in the off season. they are either melted from the sun or nicely groomed be snow shoe'rs.

If anyone is Interested in Traveling for the winter, You can send your email to uzzihuck@hotmail.com and I will keep you posted on my new tour company which is yet to be named or disclosed.

First season will start December 1st 2008 running till feb 1st 2009.

Posted: Mar 6, 2008 at 13:37 Quote
I have no off season.....I just ride, then ride some more.....

Posted: Mar 6, 2008 at 15:44 Quote
its kinda fun sitting inside just waiting for the day it stops raining or snoowing so that exact minute it becomes summer, you charge outta your house and go have the funnest session of your lives! But still somehow, i would rather be out riding some local trails than sitting inside lol

Posted: Mar 7, 2008 at 5:40 Quote
Well the season is finally back in half force all the lower runs should be good to go now.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014690
Mobile Version of Website