Biking in the off season

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Biking in the off season
| Next Page
Posted: Mar 7, 2008 at 5:51 Quote
Haha I love how all the guys from BC are complaining how its too cold outside and their is too much snow, but you guys get like 5cm per year!

Posted: Mar 7, 2008 at 17:13 Quote
coldfusion wrote:
Haha I love how all the guys from BC are complaining how its too cold outside and their is too much snow, but you guys get like 5cm per year!

its more just wet, rainy, damp, cold and not good biking wether but most of the time we just tough it out

Posted: Mar 7, 2008 at 19:31 Quote
coldfusion wrote:
Haha, I love how little you know about BC. The dryest parts of the province get an average annual snowfall of 40 cm. Don't spread misinformation by just making things up.
Even in Vancouver, the mildest part of the entire province, they still get 55cm of snow, plus constant rain. It's not uncommon to get 3 straight weeks of rain during the winter, where the average temperature is 3*C. Sound like fun weather for riding to you? How do you think the trails stand up to that?

Posted: Mar 7, 2008 at 22:17 Quote
aniyn wrote:
coldfusion wrote:
Haha, I love how little you know about BC. The dryest parts of the province get an average annual snowfall of 40 cm. Don't spread misinformation by just making things up.
Even in Vancouver, the mildest part of the entire province, they still get 55cm of snow, plus constant rain. It's not uncommon to get 3 straight weeks of rain during the winter, where the average temperature is 3*C. Sound like fun weather for riding to you? How do you think the trails stand up to that?

thanks weatherman lol no just kidding, he's right, it always continuously rains, right now outside for me its pouring Eek

Posted: Mar 8, 2008 at 4:43 Quote
40 cm a year? In ontario we're getting 30cm today! We have run out of places to put it. My front lawn is over 10ft high. This picture was taken last week so it doesn't include what we're getting today.
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s176/Sparky_18/jackonthestreet.jpg
Check out my neighbour in the background trying to level off his snowbank to make room for more snow. I have a feeling that I won't be biking for a while

Posted: Mar 8, 2008 at 6:21 Quote
aniyn wrote:
coldfusion wrote:

I am taking about the driest part of BC? I do know my stuff about the climate in Vancouver though, rainfall can vary from something like 700mm to 1200mm, and usually the city will never see any snow.

And I do know sometimes it can be pour for long peroids of time (that’s Vancouver for you) but can't you find an hour in the whole day that it is not raining?

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/cabc0308/

Posted: Mar 8, 2008 at 10:44 Quote
coldfusion wrote:
aniyn wrote:
coldfusion wrote:

I am taking about the driest part of BC? I do know my stuff about the climate in Vancouver though, rainfall can vary from something like 700mm to 1200mm, and usually the city will never see any snow.

And I do know sometimes it can be pour for long peroids of time (that’s Vancouver for you) but can't you find an hour in the whole day that it is not raining?

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/cabc0308/

dude we've got plenty of snow in vancouver this year. It may not be a lot compared to other places but we have had a whole week where it was none stop snow, not including all the other times.

Posted: Mar 8, 2008 at 10:44 Quote
coldfusion wrote:

I am taking about the driest part of BC?
Yes, when you said "all the guys from BC" you included those of us that live in other places than just vancouver. Don't stereotype the entire province.

Posted: Mar 8, 2008 at 10:46 Quote
aniyn wrote:
coldfusion wrote:

I am taking about the driest part of BC?
Yes, when you said "all the guys from BC" you included those of us that live in other places than just vancouver. Don't stereotype the entire province.

"all the guys from Vancouver BC", happy? Smile

Posted: Mar 8, 2008 at 11:13 Quote
theres no on or off season there's just time to ride your bike. half of the year the weather for rding your bike sucks, and half of the year (as in north van) it rains get yourself a jacket and some warm clothes and get on the bike.

Posted: Mar 17, 2008 at 15:36 Quote
i just set up this thing at my school with a snow ramp up to a picnic table then with 2ft drop off the end. Its not very big but its all i got because its winter. So ya i ride in the off season. Helmet

| Next Page

Active Forum Threads
1 mins ago - Zimbabwe love spells +27739143863 lost love spell caster in Namibia Niger Nigeria
2 mins ago - Nigel 0739143863 lost love spells in Katlehong Kwathema nigel/vosloorus/sp
3 mins ago - Nelspruit 0739143863 love spels in witbank/middleburg/pietretief/bushbuckridge/hazyview/
4 mins ago - Witbank 0739143863 lost love spells/magic ring nelspruit IN middleburg/pietretief
5 mins ago - Welkom 0739143863 lost love spells/magic ring in mthatha/butterworth/queenstown
6 mins ago - Westonaria 0739143863 lost love spells /magic ring in carletonville, northam, mafikeng, brits
9 mins ago - Piet retief 0739143863 lost love spell caster in ermelo/delmas/nelspruit/vaal/durban/capetown/
9 mins ago - Pietermariztburg 0739143863 lost love spells in durban/newcastle/richards bay/stanger/eshowe/
10 mins ago - Old Riders....But not "Old School"
10 mins ago - Vryheid 0739143863 lost love spells pinetown/stanger in pietermariztburg/newcastle
11 mins ago - Vereeniging 0739143863 lost love spell caster/magic ring in bloemfontein/witbank
12 mins ago - Vanderbijlpark 0739143863 lost love spells /magic ring in secunda/standerton in klerksdorp/orkney/
13 mins ago - TZANEEN/MESSINA 0739143863 lost love spell caster IN LEPHALALE/POLOKWANE/MAKOPANE/LOUISTRICHARD
14 mins ago - Taung 0739143863 lost love spells/magic ring in vryburg/mafikeng/lichtenburg/polokwane/makopane
14 mins ago - Tembisa love spells 0739143863 lost love spell caster/money spells in midrand, randburg, fourways, sandton, cosmocity,
15 mins ago - Nukeproof Owners Club
15 mins ago - Stanger 0739143863 lost love spells/magic ring in pinetown, vryheid/richards bay/
16 mins ago - Standerton 0739143863 lost love spell caster/magic ring in middleburg/pietretief/
17 mins ago - Soweto 0739143863 lost love spells/magic ring //// IN roodepoort/lenasia/kagiso
18 mins ago - Sandton love spells 0739143863 lost love spell caster in johanesburg/randburg/fourways/cosmocity
19 mins ago - Secunda 0739143863 love spells in standerton/ermelo/delmas/witbank/welkom/middleburg
20 mins ago - Springs & Brakpan 0739143863 lost love spells/magic ring benoni boksburg /tembisa
23 mins ago - Richards bay 0739143863 lost love spell caster/magic ring in stanger IN MTHATHA/VRYHEID/
25 mins ago - Rustenburg 0739143863 lost love spells /magic ring IN mafikeng/kuruman/kathu
26 mins ago - Roodepoort 0739143863 lost love spells/magic ring in alexander/johanesburg/sandton/cosmocity

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015954
Mobile Version of Website