Banshee Rampant vs. 2011 Specialized SX

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Banshee Rampant vs. 2011 Specialized SX
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Sep 1, 2010 at 17:28 Quote
hey, so im looking for a short travel bike that can easily do DJs and FR but also be able to ride trails. right now im looking at 2 frames, the 2010 Banshee Rampant and the new 2011 Specialized SX. any input would be greatly appreciated but please no "get the sx because its newer" or "get the rampant because my friend likes it". i want something to support your answer. im also trying to get it as a sub 30 build..

heres the SX:
photo

and heres the Rampant:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.603sports.com/store/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/r/a/rampant-red_1.jpg

Posted: Sep 1, 2010 at 17:40 Quote
Cmontjumper wrote:

*snip* ]

sx ftw. Easily get sub 30.

Rides great, looks great,light. Not expensive,strong. Good warranty (just incase)

and will be perfect also for the trails.

O+
Posted: Sep 1, 2010 at 17:42 Quote
devulge96 wrote:
you can easily get both sub 30. do you have reasoning?

Posted: Sep 1, 2010 at 17:44 Quote
devulge96 wrote:
Cmontjumper wrote:

*snip* ]

Rides great, looks great,light. Not expensive,strong. Good warranty (just incase)

and will be perfect also for the trails.

Posted: Sep 1, 2010 at 17:45 Quote
deffinately go with the sx.....

Posted: Sep 1, 2010 at 17:46 Quote
get a double there sick

Posted: Sep 1, 2010 at 17:47 Quote
ekalfnroc wrote:
get a double there sick

Sx is better, of anything happens...transition are gay when it comes to warranty, also double ain't all that good looking, or strong,or light,or good for trails.

Posted: Sep 1, 2010 at 17:48 Quote
spyderfighter009 wrote:
deffinately go with the sx.....

listen to this fellow pinkbiker... He speaks truth.

Posted: Sep 1, 2010 at 17:50 Quote
Man I really have no knowledge and personal riding time with either of those frames.

If you are a 250 lbs guy, be warry of the XL sized banshee frames, otherwise you're fine. My buddy has hairline cracked 2 where the seat tube/bottom bracket/downtube meet, but because banshee is great on warrentee they sent him new frames both times. Note it is only for the big guys, when you look closely you'll see why when the frame bottoms out.

I pedaled the SX Trail in a parking lot, felt instant responce through pedals (I'm comparing to my yakuza kumicho, a very high pivot single pivot bike), but that was pretty low to the ground.

There's my 1/2 cent of knowledge right there.

Posted: Sep 1, 2010 at 17:52 Quote
GET THE SX CAUSE ITS NEWER...HAHAHAHAHA but really get the sx

the sx has a one degree more raked out fork 68 the banshee is 69

the sx has a lower bb

shorter chainstay

the wheel base on the sx is a little bit longer
banshee has a lower stack height
sx has a longet reach

Posted: Sep 1, 2010 at 17:52 Quote
ekalfnroc wrote:
get a double there sick

O+
Posted: Sep 1, 2010 at 17:54 Quote
StuHaight wrote:
Man I really have no knowledge and personal riding time with either of those frames.

If you are a 250 lbs guy, be warry of the XL sized banshee frames, otherwise you're fine. My buddy has hairline cracked 2 where the seat tube/bottom bracket/downtube meet, but because banshee is great on warrentee they sent him new frames both times. Note it is only for the big guys, when you look closely you'll see why when the frame bottoms out.

I pedaled the SX Trail in a parking lot, felt instant responce through pedals (I'm comparing to my yakuza kumicho, a very high pivot single pivot bike), but that was pretty low to the ground.

There's my 1/2 cent of knowledge right there.
im 140 lol but i currently own an SX trail and when it wasnt broken it felt nice. but the SX is much different than the SX trail

Cornflake(ekalfnroc) stfu i hate doubles and ive told u this many times... the BR is okay but doubles just suck.. its my opinion...

the one thing im worried about is ive never seen a SX riding vert DJs that are close together where i have sen a rampant do this many times..

O+
Posted: Sep 1, 2010 at 17:54 Quote
aaronchao wrote:
ekalfnroc wrote:
get a double there sick
lol - trillion

Posted: Sep 1, 2010 at 17:55 Quote
Sx frame is supposed to be kinda heavy...

Posted: Sep 1, 2010 at 17:59 Quote
Cmontjumper wrote:
aaronchao wrote:
ekalfnroc wrote:
get a double there sick
lol - trillion

-googol

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.034808
Mobile Version of Website