Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion
Posted: Dec 29, 2014 at 10:56 Quote
jamieridesbikes wrote:
less, remember it's priced it £ rather than $. brakes and drivetrain look quite dated
edit, £1250 is currently $1941.50 according to google
didnt realize that, well that looks like the bike is priced too much in my opinion.

Posted: Dec 29, 2014 at 18:11 Quote
peterjamo4 wrote:
@iancarpenter are the shire trails on your land?
yes

Posted: Dec 29, 2014 at 18:36 Quote
IanCarpenter wrote:
peterjamo4 wrote:
yes

nice trails tup

Posted: Dec 29, 2014 at 19:11 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
IanCarpenter wrote:
peterjamo4 wrote:
yes

nice trails tup

+ ∞

Posted: Dec 30, 2014 at 13:46 Quote
Hey guys I just ordered a set of small block 8s. From who I've talked to and from all the reviews I've read they seem pretty good but what are some pros and cons of the tire from your perspectives?

*edit* I also ride park and footbrake occasianally

Posted: Dec 30, 2014 at 13:49 Quote
biketechrj wrote:
Hey guys I just ordered a set of small block 8s. From who I've talked to and from all the reviews I've read they seem pretty good but what are some pros and cons of the tire from your perspectives?
I love them as a rear tire, fast rolling, decent braking traction, and OK in corners, but I dislike them on the front. They don't grip enough to be a good front tire, and I'd recommend using something meatier, like a Schwalbe Table Top

Posted: Dec 30, 2014 at 13:56 Quote
mnorris122 wrote:
biketechrj wrote:
I love them as a rear tire, fast rolling, decent braking traction, and OK in corners, but I dislike them on the front. They don't grip enough to be a good front tire, and I'd recommend using something meatier, like a Schwalbe Table Top
What about for park?

Posted: Dec 30, 2014 at 14:02 Quote
[/Quote] What about for park?[/Quote]
Can't fault em there, they've worked fine in my experience. Disclaimer, I don't ride very much park

Posted: Dec 30, 2014 at 14:04 Quote
mnorris122 wrote:
What about for park?[/Quote]
Can't fault em there, they've worked fine in my experience. Disclaimer, I don't ride very much park[/Quote] lol

Posted: Dec 30, 2014 at 15:13 Quote
they are ok at park, I little blit slippery but nothing unbearable.

they roll fast, I use them on my hardtail DJ bike for the last 4 years lol

Posted: Dec 30, 2014 at 15:17 Quote
if you slay bowls, or ride concrete a lot they are loud, squirmy(the knobs them selves), and pinch flat really easy. the DTH was designed as a BMX race tire for the 2008 Beijing Olympics so to say it wont grip dirt is a load of shit.

if you want a better tire for dirt/park mix look at the Specialized Rhythm Lite, or the Schwalbbe Table Top.

Posted: Dec 30, 2014 at 15:26 Quote
nwthumbs wrote:
if you slay bowls, or ride concrete a lot they are loud, squirmy(the knobs them selves), and pinch flat really easy. the DTH was designed as a BMX race tire for the 2008 Beijing Olympics so to say it wont grip dirt is a load of shit.

if you want a better tire for dirt/park mix look at the Specialized Rhythm Lite, or the Schwalbbe Table Top.

DTH's are awesome tires and I ride them in the wet and I shockingly have had a no problems. They're fantastic tires! And throw something a little grippier in the front (ikon, race king, etc.) and its a killer combo.

Posted: Dec 30, 2014 at 15:33 Quote
i realise this is the slope thread but he asked the question in every jump bike thread possible so i got it slightly confused. given that pretty well anyone in here isnt actually riding "slope" you either have the dirt jump tire set up or the free-ride/trail tire set up

Posted: Dec 30, 2014 at 16:21 Quote
nwthumbs wrote:

the rhythm lite is my favorite all around tire and super popular at my lbs with all of us who ride if you don't run speech you have table tops

Posted: Dec 30, 2014 at 20:09 Quote
rhythm lite would be my go to if it came in 2.0 that way i could have matching front and rear. gonna be running massive 2.2 compounds on my new wheels tho (its what the shop has in stock i dont have to order anything and im hella lazy so actually calling special ed to make an order is mehhh)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017742
Mobile Version of Website