Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion
O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 14:24 Quote
What's everyone running for tire pressures? I'm at 40psi now but thinking about going up to 50-55. Any opinions on the matter?

Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 16:48 Quote
cmkneeland wrote:
What's everyone running for tire pressures? I'm at 40psi now but thinking about going up to 50-55. Any opinions on the matter?

I like to run 60 psi. I use small block 8's with a paper thin sidewall. If you don't have at least 60psi in em you can feel the tires squirm around.

I think higher is better, it's not a matter of traction but rolling resistance for me

Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 16:55 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
cmkneeland wrote:

I like to run 60 psi. I use small block 8's with a paper thin sidewall. If you don't have at least 60psi in em you can feel the tires squirm around.

I think higher is better, it's not a matter of traction but rolling resistance for me
When running tubed i run 50psi on my g0's.
When i run tubeless on my ikons, 45psi

Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 17:18 Quote
Niko182 wrote:
Thepureface wrote:
cmkneeland wrote:

When running tubed i run 50psi on my g0's.
When i run tubeless on my ikons, 45psi

I run latex tubes at 50 psi

Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 17:19 Quote
110 psi

But I ride street

Posted: Mar 27, 2017 at 9:18 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
cmkneeland wrote:

Rode SB8s on my Double at Highland and flatted 3 times in one day. It was great.

Posted: Mar 27, 2017 at 9:40 Quote
pinch flats?

Ya that sucks either way.

O+
Posted: Mar 27, 2017 at 10:39 Quote
40 ish on tubeless, run higher in the summer sometimes and lower in the winter but only by about 10 psi

O+
Posted: Mar 27, 2017 at 10:48 Quote
prophet413 wrote:
Thepureface wrote:
cmkneeland wrote:

Rode SB8s on my Double at Highland and flatted 3 times in one day. It was great.

SB8s are pretty much useless

Posted: Mar 27, 2017 at 12:18 Quote
bikeordie2772 wrote:
sherbet wrote:
crs-one wrote:

Yeah, they'll figure it out once stores just stop bothering with their specific niche. There's nothing wrong with saving a buck buying shit online, but once everyone does that, bike shops will just refocus on the sure money, servicing commuter bikes. Why bother stocking parts (cough cough dope 26" tires) and complete bikes for dudes to try out and handle if the sale goes to CRC? Why bother sponsoring riders, putting on jams, donating prizes, etc? Why bother fighting on a customer's behalf for a warranty claim, if they didn't even buy the bike from the local distributor?

I'll be fine, I'll still collect a pay cheque and special-order whatever I want. The scene will suffer though.

A f*cking men.

Everything is from the shops. Trails, events, bbqs, demos, legit everything. If you can't see the good in supporting that, there's a great anti-scene in a ton of other sports. Shop guys won't suffer, everyone else will.
I could not have said that better myself.

Y'all must have different (better) shops than me, I've never heard of or seen a shop around me do anything cool like that, and they all focus on road/tri and none stock parts.

O+
Posted: Mar 27, 2017 at 12:19 Quote
lol

Your shops are shit, or you are the minority!

O+
Posted: Mar 27, 2017 at 12:20 Quote
no no no

A shop is either shit, or you are the minority

If you were a roadie, they would be amazing

Posted: Mar 27, 2017 at 13:23 Quote
TheDownhillDude wrote:
bikeordie2772 wrote:
sherbet wrote:

A f*cking men.

Everything is from the shops. Trails, events, bbqs, demos, legit everything. If you can't see the good in supporting that, there's a great anti-scene in a ton of other sports. Shop guys won't suffer, everyone else will.
I could not have said that better myself.

Y'all must have different (better) shops than me, I've never heard of or seen a shop around me do anything cool like that, and they all focus on road/tri and none stock parts.
even are road shops here in logan do some coolish things, for instant the do the lotoja.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020613
Mobile Version of Website