Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion
Posted: May 30, 2017 at 11:11 Quote
its-chris wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/houseofdirtcostarica/

this place opened here, will have house and rooms for people to stay is super rad and well made. So just dropping it haha

that place is so sick

Posted: May 30, 2017 at 13:52 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
I have a legit gear ratio question..

where can I find a selection of SS cogs for my cassette hub. I bought a dmr singlespeed kit but it only had a 16 tooth cog. Looking for a 12t can't seem to find one

I'm running as small as I can up front a 30t and a 14t wheels mfg SS cog.

I'm really not sure what gear ratio I need, I was thinking a 12t cog. What do you guys think?

I need to throw a pedal in the odd time, and my ratio as is; is too light for the stuff I'm riding.

Halo also makes a 12t that is about 7mm wide at the base. When i was looking i think the gusset was cheaper but it's worth a look.

Posted: May 30, 2017 at 14:56 Quote
So I'm just trying to get into Slopestyle, whats the main objectives of a slope build?

Bombproof and lightish?

Also why don't many people run shocks with compression adjustments? surely you could just use it firmer for smaller stuff?

Posted: May 30, 2017 at 15:02 Quote
Bromaphobe wrote:
So I'm just trying to get into Slopestyle, whats the main objectives of a slope build?

Bombproof and lightish?

Also why don't many people run shocks with compression adjustments? surely you could just use it firmer for smaller stuff?

Don't be silly, no one actually rides slopestyle.

Posted: May 30, 2017 at 15:48 Quote
jaha222 wrote:
Bromaphobe wrote:

Bombproof and lightish?

really? Brandom seminuk, rogatin, Emil Johnson ect

Posted: May 30, 2017 at 15:50 Quote
bikeordie2772 wrote:
jaha222 wrote:
Bromaphobe wrote:

Bombproof and lightish?

He meant in this thread kiddo

Posted: May 30, 2017 at 15:51 Quote
brightbmx wrote:
bikeordie2772 wrote:
jaha222 wrote:

I know, just wanted to be a smart ass

Posted: May 30, 2017 at 15:52 Quote
bikeordie2772 wrote:
brightbmx wrote:
bikeordie2772 wrote:
I know, just wanted to be a smart ass
lol. good one.

Posted: May 30, 2017 at 17:45 Quote
Yo dudes I asked about gear ratios and have made an error and now need to ask another question.

Okay so.

Currently running 30/12. ( thought it was 30/14 until I counted agin...) And it's too light for the riding I'm doing, as far as I know you can't get anything smaller then a 12T
I can't run anything smaller then a 30t because I ground off my granny ring tabs...

I want to run a ratio of about 2.7, which would be like a 38/14.

Is there any downside to running such a large chainring on a slope bike?

I ride dirtjumps with it, and the odd time I might go to the park.

Posted: May 30, 2017 at 18:12 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
Yo dudes I asked about gear ratios and have made an error and now need to ask another question.

Okay so.

Currently running 30/12. ( thought it was 30/14 until I counted agin...) And it's too light for the riding I'm doing, as far as I know you can't get anything smaller then a 12T
I can't run anything smaller then a 30t because I ground off my granny ring tabs...

I want to run a ratio of about 2.7, which would be like a 38/14.

Is there any downside to running such a large chainring on a slope bike?

I ride dirtjumps with it, and the odd time I might go to the park.

why do that when you can simply do the 32/12. its 2.67 instead of 2.7

Posted: May 30, 2017 at 18:39 Quote
Well, mainly because I was kinda confused there... I thought to get a higher gear ratio I had to get a smaller chainring. As soon as you mentioned it I was like lol riiiight.

Thanks for the help. Salute

I think I might end up with 34/12

Posted: May 30, 2017 at 18:58 Quote
The main objective of a slope bike is FUN...

It's more versatile than a hardtail/DJ bike, and more peppy compared to a trail/enduro bike.

I think a slope bike is really fun on: pumptracks, dirt jumps and singletrack trails.

Also do see quite a few ppl with compression adjustments; I'd even wager that slope bikes need some of the most adjustments. Find a shock with a "firm climb switch" as opposed to a full lockout. And if you pump up your shock really high PSI up to the shocks limit.. be ready to buy a new shock every year or 6 months. Keep it squishy & ride trails.

Peace!!

Bromaphobe wrote:

Bombproof and lightish?

Posted: May 31, 2017 at 14:46 Quote
bikeordie2772 wrote:
jaha222 wrote:
Bromaphobe wrote:

Bombproof and lightish?

Dont forget me in your list

Posted: May 31, 2017 at 20:56 Quote
adamlaycock wrote:
bikeordie2772 wrote:
jaha222 wrote:

Dont forget me in your list
me too lol

Posted: Jun 2, 2017 at 13:43 Quote
mates canyon stitched just arrived and it's so nice to ride, insanely lightweight.

not my Canyon stitched

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023072
Mobile Version of Website