Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion
Posted: Dec 16, 2017 at 15:51 Quote
You can just replace the lower cup of the headset if that's easier. The top and bottom cup don't have to match.

Posted: Dec 16, 2017 at 15:55 Quote
http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2267439/

I can't get this link to work from CRC, but copy and paste this:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ca/en/fsa-the-big-fat-pig-reducer-headset/rp-prod25722?gs=1&utm_source=google&utm_term=&utm_campaign=Chain+Reaction-CA-PLA-PLA-All-DT-SE-Shopping+QLB+Generic&utm_medium=base&utm_content=mkwid|snnlbMYQm_dc|pcrid|45501330212|pkw||pmt||prd|15135CA

Looks like it comes with a crown race too. You can just use the lower cup from this headset as long as your steer tube is long enough to reach through the stack height.

Edit: I assumed there is already a headset installed meant for a tapered steerer. Is that true or do you have no headset at all?

O+
Posted: Dec 16, 2017 at 23:02 Quote
dobermannn wrote:
thank you sir, but do I need a hope headset to have a correct fit? I know FSA have a similar product.
No need for a Hope headset. That part just goes on your steerer tube, then the 1.5" crown race from the tapered headset goes on that part.

Posted: Dec 16, 2017 at 23:36 Quote
secondtimeuser wrote:
dobermannn wrote:
thank you sir, but do I need a hope headset to have a correct fit? I know FSA have a similar product.
No need for a Hope headset. That part just goes on your steerer tube, then the 1.5" crown race from the tapered headset goes on that part.
That's interesting! Back in the day whenever I needed a dual crown in a tapered headset, which was pretty common in the world, I'm not too sure this adapter was available.

Posted: Dec 17, 2017 at 8:58 Quote
fsa also makes a 1.5-1 1/8 crown race there like $12

Posted: Dec 17, 2017 at 10:05 Quote
yes exactly I have a brand new tapper headsrt that came with the frame. Thank you for the answers I'll buy one of these asap. I'll post a picture of my build once its done!

Posted: Dec 17, 2017 at 15:55 Quote
is linear cable gonna work a lot better than shifter cable?
recently put a gyro on my bike and trying to figure out if
that will help.
Thanks

Posted: Dec 17, 2017 at 18:11 Quote
Niko182 wrote:
is linear cable gonna work a lot better than shifter cable?
recently put a gyro on my bike and trying to figure out if
that will help.
Thanks

Get the normal odyssey cables. They work, and much better than shifter cables. That’s what I’ve been using for the past 6 months.

Posted: Dec 22, 2017 at 16:54 Quote
Joebohobo wrote:
Big throwback here, I remember when I first got into riding this was my dream bike at the time. How times have changed eh?

photo

Damn a Messiah.... haven’t seen one of those in a long time...

Remember drooling over that and trying to decide if I wanted one of them or a Flextoy more...

photo
[/Quote]

Posted: Dec 23, 2017 at 3:35 Quote
No more catnip for you! One year!

Posted: Dec 23, 2017 at 16:05 Quote
Holy flextoy!

Don't think I've ever heard of it before :0 Looks kinda nice though

Posted: Dec 27, 2017 at 15:36 Quote
Finally got my bike looking the way I want. Im pretty stoked with it.
photo

photo

Posted: Dec 27, 2017 at 19:43 Quote
Niko182 wrote:
photo

photo
Where did you get your decals? I'm looking for a black set but can only find the old generic retro set.

Posted: Dec 27, 2017 at 19:56 Quote
brightbmx wrote:
Niko182 wrote:
photo

photo
Where did you get your decals? I'm looking for a black set but can only find the old generic retro set.
slik graphics. I've always had good luck with them. I tried contacting stikrd, and even called the guy, and he picked up and we talked, but he never responded to me. Slik is quick, you tell them what you want and theyll do it. shipping takes about 6 days to 2 weeks. their work is fantastic.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.031943
Mobile Version of Website