Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion
Posted: May 23, 2018 at 14:30 Quote
sup guys,

I recently bought an upgrade fork and I am looking to lower it (sitting at 145mm right now).

What lenght of travel you guys prefer and why /type of riding?

The bike is a Soda slope. Right now I was thinking to go with 130mm. The bike will be used for big dirtjumps , but will see some mountain use (burke, Highland mainly) which is why I wanna keep some travel and not just go with 100mm.

I used to do all my dirt riding on a bmx, so I'm used to have no travel and a stiff feeling when it comes to hit a kicker and throw tricks out of it .

Thank you! I'll make sur to post a picture once the bike is complete!

Posted: May 23, 2018 at 17:19 Quote
dobermannn wrote:
sup guys,

I recently bought an upgrade fork and I am looking to lower it (sitting at 145mm right now).

The bike is a Soda slope. Right now I was thinking to go with 130mm. The bike will be used for big dirtjumps , but will see some mountain use (burke, Highland mainly) which is why I wanna keep some travel and not just go with 100mm.

I used to do all my dirt riding on a bmx, so I'm used to have no travel and a stiff feeling when it comes to hit a kicker and throw tricks out of it .

I ride my Pslope with a 36 fox at 100mm travel, I mainly ride dirtjumps with it.
Air forks are super easy to lower so my advice would be to try it at 130 and get enough spacers to try it at 100mm, seeing as your used to rigid forks 100mm may be enough.

It's kind of a personal preference thing

Posted: May 28, 2018 at 11:07 Quote
I posted this in the aggressive hardtail thread as well but has anyone on this thread come across or built a bike that they can get through a actual set of dirt jump trails on as well as pedal well uphill and ride some more technical trails with? I’ve currently got a 6” travel bike, a slope bike, and a DJ bike and don’t ride enough to rationalize three bikes so I’m trying to find a legitimate do it all bike. Thought this would be a good place to start.

O+
Posted: May 28, 2018 at 11:21 Quote
Jbley808 wrote:
I posted this in the aggressive hardtail thread as well but has anyone on this thread come across or built a bike that they can get through a actual set of dirt jump trails on as well as pedal well uphill and ride some more technical trails with? I’ve currently got a 6” travel bike, a slope bike, and a DJ bike and don’t ride enough to rationalize three bikes so I’m trying to find a legitimate do it all bike. Thought this would be a good place to start.

I feel like a Dartmoor Hornet would be kinda that bike but probably with two positions of travel.

Posted: May 29, 2018 at 1:03 Quote
Jbley808 wrote:

I have an Airdrop Edit for trail, bike park and general riding and I have a Dartmoor shine for Dirt jumps, skatepark and small bike park/slopestyle stuff.

It is a good combo, I did have a hornet but sold it as I wasn't really using it.

I don't believe there will ever be a bike universal enough for Dirt Jumps and techy downhill style trails.

Posted: May 29, 2018 at 2:24 Quote
nwmlarge wrote:
Jbley808 wrote:

I have an Airdrop Edit for trail, bike park and general riding and I have a Dartmoor shine for Dirt jumps, skatepark and small bike park/slopestyle stuff.

It is a good combo, I did have a hornet but sold it as I wasn't really using it.

I don't believe there will ever be a bike universal enough for Dirt Jumps and techy downhill style trails.

If there was such a bike it would probably be a hardtail with the ability to change fork travel and wheel size easily. So it would probably need a concentric bb or very adjustable dropouts. head tube angle adjust would be the challenge.

Posted: May 29, 2018 at 12:45 Quote
Ya... You gotta have two bikes.

Your looking at it the wrong way, your being irrational going from 3 bikes to 1. You gotta keep two. Salute

Posted: May 29, 2018 at 13:39 Quote
Unless you put gears on a dj

Posted: May 29, 2018 at 14:04 Quote
Jbley808 wrote:
if youve ridden an enduro bike and a dirt jumper, which you have, youll never want to ride an enduro bike on dirt jumps, or a dj bike on trails. I have an enduro bike for all my XC, trail, and downhill, and a slope bike for dirt jumps, and skate park.

O+
Posted: May 30, 2018 at 0:41 Quote
You can ride anything through dirt jumps just have to adapt to the bike, I would say most of the hardtails will go through a set of djs easy, done my local on a BFe and my brother did them on his extra large p7

Posted: May 31, 2018 at 20:56 Quote
dobermannn wrote:
sup guys,

When I had my Soda Slope I tried out the fork at 140, 120 and 100 and it felt/performed best at 120. I used it for all types of riding from dirt jumps to trail rides.

Posted: May 31, 2018 at 22:19 Quote
I’ve got a 2017 slayer and it rips everything. A little long on tight Dj’s but it does the job. Dj to Dh

Posted: Jun 1, 2018 at 5:47 Quote
hey guys, currently shopping for a slope style bike and I got an interesting offer for a Canyon stitched 720. Does anyone here have any longer term experience with these frames? How much more trouble do these full sus slope stylers make than a hardtail? Thanks in advance!

Posted: Jun 1, 2018 at 6:36 Quote
Blablablup123 wrote:
hey guys, currently shopping for a slope style bike and I got an interesting offer for a Canyon stitched 720. Does anyone here have any longer term experience with these frames? How much more trouble do these full sus slope stylers make than a hardtail? Thanks in advance!

A mate has one, he loves it.

However he has had to send the frame back as it failed on a chainstay weld, I'm sure this is an isolated incident, it wouldn't put me off buying one.

I would also consider the new Dartmoor shine.

Posted: Jun 1, 2018 at 7:31 Quote
I got the 360 and I love it but obviously the two are fairly different.

Also is the shine out yet?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018107
Mobile Version of Website