Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion
Posted: Jul 11, 2018 at 16:53 Quote
ChasetheNutter wrote:
does any 1 have an opinion on whats best... p slope, morpheus v slope, transition triple?

Yeah my opinion is the Pslope is best. I'm biased though, I own a nice one!

They are all great bikes, you pretty well need to ride them yourself to decide which one is best... I'd love to try a vslope and a triple.

You could also pull up the geo of them and compare things like reach, chainstay length. Suspension design etc

Posted: Jul 11, 2018 at 22:15 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
ChasetheNutter wrote:
does any 1 have an opinion on whats best... p slope, morpheus v slope, transition triple?

Yeah my opinion is the Pslope is best. I'm biased though, I own a nice one!

They are all great bikes, you pretty well need to ride them yourself to decide which one is best... I'd love to try a vslope and a triple.

You could also pull up the geo of them and compare things like reach, chainstay length. Suspension design etc
P slope os pretty stable. Ticket s os really flickable. V slope is like a big bmx bike

Posted: Jul 11, 2018 at 22:57 Quote
Pslope is the most hardtail like, Vslope is like awkwardly trickable and flickable and all, but I havent tried a Triple.. vslope and pslope both have their perks

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 7:41 Quote
I ride mostly urban and the local DJ's and I really like my P.slope. last weekend I hit up the closest "mountain", I got a little tire poppy but it was still a blast to ride along the DH sleds. As a do all bike for me I have no complaints with it.
photo

Posted: Jul 22, 2018 at 22:13 Quote
Transition Double, size Long. It's a slope bike that many people ended up building as a fun trail bike too (cranks are positioned well for pedaling). Then, snag an adjustable travel fork like a Fox Talas. The one I have goes 100-130-160. Pump up the suspension and go ride dirt jumps. Then let the air out and pop up the fork and go ride everything in santa cruz. It actually works.

Jbley808 wrote:
I posted this in the aggressive hardtail thread as well but has anyone on this thread come across or built a bike that they can get through a actual set of dirt jump trails on as well as pedal well uphill and ride some more technical trails with? I’ve currently got a 6” travel bike, a slope bike, and a DJ bike and don’t ride enough to rationalize three bikes so I’m trying to find a legitimate do it all bike. Thought this would be a good place to start.

Posted: Aug 2, 2018 at 9:00 Quote
My new NS Bikes Decade

so much attention to detail, but the tyres are not aligned Confused

Posted: Aug 7, 2018 at 19:25 Quote
Just moved to Colorado and had to rebuild the Ticket. I'm unsure of the bar color, but I wanted to try a 40mm rise and it was the only bar I had on hand. I do kinda like it though. And I know I've been threatening to do this for a while, but I'm pretty sure in the next few weeks I'm going to get an all black monarch for the back.

photo

Posted: Aug 9, 2018 at 9:48 Quote
With regards to length of slope bikes.. is it just me or do you guys feel like you're too far over the front? It might just be me only having 10 hours maximum on DJ and Slopestyle bikes combined!

On my Transition Patrol 2018 in the 'same' stance my head is over the bars however on the Trid ZZ I feel like my shoulders are over the bars in the same position so I have to mentally ride further back?

Always loved that rainbow Ticket!

Posted: Aug 9, 2018 at 14:37 Quote
Bromaphobe wrote:
With regards to length of slope bikes.. is it just me or do you guys feel like you're too far over the front? It might just be me only having 10 hours maximum on DJ and Slopestyle bikes combined!

On my Transition Patrol 2018 in the 'same' stance my head is over the bars however on the Trid ZZ I feel like my shoulders are over the bars in the same position so I have to mentally ride further back?

I've never ridden an enduro bike but I don't feel like I'm too far over the front. How is the reach on the trid ZZ stack up against other slope bikes?

i think you just gotta ride your slope bike, get the feel for it. I'm sure it would take me a bit to get the hang of an enduro bike

Posted: Aug 9, 2018 at 15:11 Quote
Bromaphobe wrote:

I run both a patrol and a ticket. the way I solved being way over the bars is putting an insane amount of rise and stack in the cockpit. total I think I have 80mm of rise from both the stack and riser bars. this helped me a lot. but just remember that these are 2 very different bikes and are meant to be ridden completely different.

EDIT: ticket s and trid zz are practically the same bike as its just a copy of the ticket s.

Posted: Aug 9, 2018 at 15:22 Quote
Ride back more on the slope. Try to exaggerate your pumping and stuff and just lean back

Posted: Aug 10, 2018 at 15:30 Quote
adamlaycock wrote:
Ride back more on the slope. Try to exaggerate your pumping and stuff and just lean back

This. When I ride mine in general I only have my fingers on the grips, no palms, and my arms straight so I am far back.....then full-on grip when necessary.

Posted: Aug 13, 2018 at 2:07 Quote
Trek Ticket S
My new trek ticket s

Posted: Aug 13, 2018 at 11:35 Quote
Great work on the decals!!

Posted: Aug 13, 2018 at 13:17 Quote
Also, congrats on bike of the day on vital! Beautiful ticket, good work dude.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.024388
Mobile Version of Website